A little disapponted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

undecided
Club Player

A little disapponted

That we switched of in the 4th quarter against the swans and the dogs. We really could of burried both of them but they got late goals which brings down our performance slightly.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

dude, we won! jeez.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

would you rather late injuries or a comfortable win??

I know which one id rather!

Go saints in '09!
Winmar
Club Player

It is still slightly disappointing when we don't take the chance to completely obliterate teams though!

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Your cut from the same cloth as the people who booed when we chipped the ball around to run out the clock at the end of the game aren't you?

As was said before;

WE WON
WE'RE 6-0
WE'RE TOP OF THE LADDER
NO INJURIES FROM THE GAME

WHAT MORE DO YOU FUC*ING WANT???
Last edited by The Saintsational Man on Sun 03 May 2009 11:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Never fails to amaze me how people always want more

With 40 seconds to go tonight we just ate up the clock..28 points in front of our biggest test of the year..and stillll people scream "PERCENTAGE SAINTS" with some sort of weirdo bloodlust

Did anyone take a look at Roo in the last 10 mins, either side of when he was taken off? The bloke was absolutely knackered...and he's got one of the biggest tanks in the side

With the game in the bank and nothing at stake..you just cant expect players to go screaming through the corridor like scores are level..or its 10 mins into the 1st qtr...you just cant. Not with the game style we play.

Surely with under a minute to go its OK to bask in the glory of a well- earned win and just chip it around without your own supporters yelling for blood?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:Your cut from the same cloth as the people who booed when we chipped the ball around to run out the clock at the end of the game aren't you?

As was said before;

WE WON
WE'RE 6-0
WE'RE TOP OF THE LADDER
NO INJURIES FROM THE GAME

WHAT MORE DO YOU FUC*ING WANT???

:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

and can I re iterate.. NO INJURIES! Ill take 5 goals less in the margin for that fact, thanks for coming !

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Has anyone thought maybe that the effort we expended gaining the advantage took a lot out of us?

My observation of our games this year is that we give everything to set up the win. We can't ask much more.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
undecided
Club Player

I don't care if we chip the ball around to run down the clock but I can't stand the late goals against us

felixleo
Club Player

As I wantmeseats said 'Dude' take a valium.

Are you gonna be the one?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

undecided wrote:I don't care if we chip the ball around to run down the clock but I can't stand the late goals against us
Then go home early.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I'll take it! 6- zip.. thanks!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Winmar
Club Player

It's been a great season and I'm more than happy with every game so far. I have memories of us not putting sides away in previous years and having it come back and bite us on the arse at the end of the season though. Anyhoo, 'twas a very good win this evening.
The Saintsational Man wrote:Your cut from the same cloth as the people who booed when we chipped the ball around to run out the clock at the end of the game aren't you?
Not sure who you're talking to there, but I'm not exactly one of them....

P.S. "You're"

Owen
Club Player

I think this game was a good wakeup call .. and therefore a good result all round ..

Kicking was atrocious, and knackered or not we lost the intensity in the last quarter .. like we didnt have it in the first ..

So I'm thinking of this game as the 'you know were doing OK when we have a flat day and still win by 5 goals' ...

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Owen wrote:I think this game was a good wakeup call .. and therefore a good result all round ..

Kicking was atrocious, and knackered or not we lost the intensity in the last quarter .. like we didnt have it in the first ..

So I'm thinking of this game as the 'you know were doing OK when we have a flat day and still win by 5 goals' ...
No intensity in the first quarter? You must have been at the MCG. Wrong game.

saintly_safes
Club Player

A wins a win a win :wink:

mick13
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Never fails to amaze me how people always want more

With 40 seconds to go tonight we just ate up the clock..28 points in front of our biggest test of the year..and stillll people scream "PERCENTAGE SAINTS" with some sort of weirdo bloodlust

Did anyone take a look at Roo in the last 10 mins, either side of when he was taken off? The bloke was absolutely knackered...and he's got one of the biggest tanks in the side

With the game in the bank and nothing at stake..you just cant expect players to go screaming through the corridor like scores are level..or its 10 mins into the 1st qtr...you just cant. Not with the game style we play.

Surely with under a minute to go its OK to bask in the glory of a well- earned win and just chip it around without your own supporters yelling for blood?
He was dead, saw him chuck late in the last. Wasn't sure why we kept him on...

Puts everything into every game. <3

ThomasR
Club Player

First time I've seen us live this year and thought we were just okay today, positioned well, Dogs stung us a few times when they moved it quickly. I don't think they played very well at all - but who does play well these days? Heard Choco on the radio today saying that he knows how to beat us (bit of a margin to turn around there) but it was too late to relay all that information out onto the field at the time. Hoping that clubs don't find us out later in the year.

I didn't think our skills were great on the whole and the effort to present was lacking on occasion. Seemed to go back to old chip chip habits every now and then but managed to work a few of these for goals which is ok. We had a ton of the ball but were a bit wasteful at times. Some great work in close quarters though and we seem very well drilled to run the ball through a chain of handpasses between players, and particularly how to draw players to free others up.

All that aside, given that we beat a team who were top 4 last year on what I would call a 'down day' by a very comfortable 5 goals (and should have been 10 if we even kept a toe near the gas) is a really really good sign.

Very impressed with CJ, knows where to run and is very good at winning the contested ball. However I think Max will come straight back in for Zac as soon as he's match fit. Lots of people had big wraps on his game today but he must start taking the first option and improve his work off the ball. He comes out ok with the others helping him. Will be a test against Brisbane with Brown/Bradshaw up there.

BJ.. massive game.. still not sure if he is in the right position or not. A lot of his efforts are individual and win contested situations but would like to see him work forward of the ball more.

That's all I've got.. oh and Roo is a star.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

choco is full of the brown stuff...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
asiu

yea , would like to see the replay , but thats how i feel about it as well
(like the freo game)

happy days are coming but

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Statement

Best Stkilda side I've seen

In my 29 year life,easily.

Just disposed of a very good football side tonight with ease. We are the real deal,no question. Just wish the finals started next week

Enjoy the ride !

Bring back the Lockett era
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well when you watch the replay I will you a tip.

We gaddam DOMINATED the Dogs today...and the winning margin does not reflect the true difference in the match.

Doggies were never in the hunt...and this froma team that clearly finished last season as a better team than us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
asiu

yea, i watched the game (live)

we are actually way better than we have produced sofar....thats how i see it

(and will be by round 14)

battye
Saintsational Legend

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that we switched off in the last quarter.

It wasn't so much that we stopped scoring goals, it's that we let them outscore us in the quarter. We scored 2.2 to their 4.2 in the final quarter. Probably the WB only aim coming out of that 3/4 time huddle was to win the quarter, we should have stopped them from doing so.

That aside, it was a very satisfying victory :D

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD