twilight games...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

twilight games...

In my honest opinion....

Playing one of these on a Sunday...They suck.

Plain and simple.

Discuss.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
hellorocky
Club Player

absolutely shafted with these :evil:

Most members with an 11 game membership from my parts will only get to 7 home games and possibly 1 away game this year, depending on which game we get for the Gold Coast game.

Three home and two away twilight games - without looking at a full draw, how many other teams have five all up?

Does our club want members or people to stay home and watch the game on TV? Of course these games are only on pay TV, so some people might have to choose between membership or pay TV.

It's very expensive and time consuming following my club from so far away and I am mighty disappointed in the draw this year

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Personally speaking they dont worry me...but for anyone living outside the metropolitan area..you have my heartfelt sympathy. Double that if you have a young family.

It was pertinant that when defending them in the press today after only 14000 showed up to Melb/Adel. the AFL said it was "an important timeslot". Yep 100% about TV and 0% about the supporters who go to games.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
BonoRocks
Club Player

I spend well in excess of 1000 a year on my memberships
2 x adult, social club, reserved seats, level 1 (17 game memberships)
2 x childrens membership

Generally its only myself and my son (who is in prep) that go to the footy each week. My 6 y/o daughter just isnt that into it.

I cant take my 5 year old son to twilight games and expect him to be ok for school the next morning.

We'll sadly be watching all twilight games live on foxtel.

They dont work for everyone.

They are crap..

doppler effect
Club Player

Sunday twilight games are the only games I cant get to. The last plane for Canberra leaves Melbourne at 7:40pm. And I cant stand doing the 8-10 hour Greyhound trip anymore.

For my sake I hope next year we get a more traveller friendly draw.

saintlee
Club Player

It seems that we will definitely be having games played outside the Friday night, sat and sun timeslots from now on, so out of interest, what would people prefer:

Twilight games?
Monday night games?
Thursday night games?

Personally, I prefer Thursday night matches...