Team against the Dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

villasaint
Club Player

Team against the Dogs

In McEvoy Out King.
No other changes in my books.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

raph will come in before him....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
villasaint
Club Player

only leave Gardiner in the Ruck if King is not fit. Only reason i thought there would be a change

kaos theory
Club Player

good chance king will play....kosi also a good chance too...

raph will be pushing for a place.

villasaint
Club Player

was he good in the two's today. yet to see the best.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Carlscum's rucks killed the Mongrels.
We need two genuine big guys to exploit the Mongrels weakness.
That means McEvoy must come in for King.
Besides what happens when Gardiner needs a rest.

I doubt if Kosi will be ready, but would be handy to have him come back to slaughter the Filth.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

king, kosi and raph are in out best starting 18, imo, so i think you've got to play all of them if fit.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We need to pick a team that can defy their strengths and maximise ours.

Thus, they don't have a tall forward line, and their second ruckman (Minson) can be negated without too many issues.

Gardiner to go head-to-head with Hudson, Blake to back up again and take Minson, as we don't need his defensive presence given the size of their forward line.

That allows Xavier Clarke - coming off some excellent VFL performances - to step into our team and further boost our defence, whilst ensuring we don't miss out in any other part of the field.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saint08
Club Player

IMO kosi in at FF if fit. mcevoy for sure for king. I dudpect they will want to keep same structure as first 4 rounds with 2 rucks plus kosi and roo, in forward..
king out and perhaps unlucky one will be eddy

saintly_safes
Club Player

Hopefully Kosi will be back , but if not I think McEvoy has earned a chance to prove himself . Under the closed roof of the dome the " X " man might get his chance to reserect his AFL career . Max must be close to being available , but I think the bottom line is if thier ready play them if there is the slightest doubt then err on the side of caution & put 22 fit guys on the park. The Dogs will be smarting from 2 successive loses & will be hell bent on getting back in the winners circle. Akermanis & Cooney will probably be back & that will give the alot more flexability . I thought Eddy was ok when he got his chance but might struggle to hold his spot especially againt a team like the Bullies. It will all depend on who's fully fit because weather conditions shouldn't be a factor & so far the blokes that have been given a chance to show us what there've got have done extreamly well & have really set the bar at a height that is going make it hard for others to get a gig.

older saint
SS Life Member

saintly_safes wrote:Hopefully Kosi will be back , but if not I think McEvoy has earned a chance to prove himself . Under the closed roof of the dome the " X " man might get his chance to reserect his AFL career . Max must be close to being available , but I think the bottom line is if thier ready play them if there is the slightest doubt then err on the side of caution & put 22 fit guys on the park. The Dogs will be smarting from 2 successive loses & will be hell bent on getting back in the winners circle. Akermanis & Cooney will probably be back & that will give the alot more flexability . I thought Eddy was ok when he got his chance but might struggle to hold his spot especially againt a team like the Bullies. It will all depend on who's fully fit because weather conditions shouldn't be a factor & so far the blokes that have been given a chance to show us what there've got have done extreamly well & have really set the bar at a height that is going make it hard for others to get a gig.
Should perhaps check the best players for Sandy the last 2 weeks, i think clearly shows McEvoy HAS earnt a call up. King must be doubtful considering his injury history and age.
Realistically Max probably needs a run through Sandy. Raph will be close, perhaps Schnieder with Geary playing half forward.
Kosi - hamstrings not usually 1 week so watch this space
I thought Eddy was quite good and has excellent pace.