Round 6 Vs the bulldogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Round 6 Vs the bulldogs

This should be a difficult game. even more so since the dogs lost against carlton.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 6 Vs the bulldogs

yes, they beat us twice last season and went close to being in the grand final.

they are a good side, well coached and on the rebound, as you say, which makes them more dangerous.

it's another big test.

kaos theory
Club Player

they should get back cooney & acker, which will give them a boost.

I wasn't that impressed with their performance today, just didn't look great, no wonder they lost to the wegals last week...

Hopefully king and kosi will be right this week...latest mail is looking ok on both...

still expect us to win

Solar
Saintsational Legend

don't believe the rebound theory works as they beat the blues in almost all the important areas (hit outs, hard ball gets, clearances etc.) They just butched the ball which when you rely on small forwards will destroy you.

question mark over cooney's fitness, aker is an important inclusion and murphy will be better for the run

But seriously, play at the level we did on frida night and we will put them to the sword.

Win hard ball gets and tackles

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I agree with Solar.

Watched both the Dogs' last two games, against the Eagles they were flat-footed and constantly turned the ball over.

Against Carlton they had run but couldn't penetrate their forward 50. Again they kept turning it over under pressure. They are sorely in need of a forward marking target, Ben Hudson is their best option in this role and managed a couple of grabs.

I think the Doggies' star has faded a little, and they are about to run into a red, white and black brick wall.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Does anyone else watch other games and notice mistakes made, or times when a player gets away with too much space... and then just sit there and think "the Saints wouldnt let them get away with that!"

Such a great feeling! :D

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Does anyone else watch other games and notice mistakes made, or times when a player gets away with too much space... and then just sit there and think "the Saints wouldnt let them get away with that!"

spot on!

Tonight watched Carlton with ease set up our of defence and thought...."wont get away with that against us you little floggers..."

Bryce is about to get a lesson in hard ball gets......Baker style.. :wink:

Bring em on.

Dogs will be tougher - Murphy can play, Acker (small fwd) shafted us last time but its in the guts we can do some damage - even with Cooney I reckon we have enough class to reak havoc.

Just maintain the rage is all Im after - the result will follow.

“Yeah….nah””
saintly_safes
Club Player

If we keep playing with the same intensity as we have over the last 5 weeks we will give ourselves a huge chance of beating them. All it will take is a 5% drop off & then we will be vulnerable. Having said that I am confident the players know whats at stake & know that thier spot in the team is under pressure if they dont perform week in week out.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Round 6 Vs the bulldogs

saintly wrote:This should be a difficult game. even more so since the dogs lost against carlton.
If they were good enough to beat Carlton, the game would have been easier?

How hard would it be to beat Melbourne? They've lost to almost everyone.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

thirty-seven!? wrote:Does anyone else watch other games and notice mistakes made, or times when a player gets away with too much space... and then just sit there and think "the Saints wouldnt let them get away with that!"

One G.Ablett comes to mind......has been roaming around doing as he pleases the last few weeks.....baffles me.

Not saying he's not a great player,(he is),but would have thought a seriously hard tag was in order.

Loyal
Club Player

big questionmark over the bulldogs defense?
they have some real holes down back in my opinion with a genuine lack of size and power.