Anyone Else Sick of Hearing That Teams Had Bad Nights?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

marksnsparks
Club Player

Anyone Else Sick of Hearing That Teams Had Bad Nights?

Bullcrap, we've made them all have bad nights with our pressure! We are so good at the moment it feels disappointing when the opposition score a goal!

The lids not off, but it's loose and beginning to wobble!

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Was thinking this eaerlier tonight.

We are playing AWESOME footy against these times. West Coast aren't bad this year and I thought Freo was the worst team I'd ever seen last week. I realise they weren't We MADE them look that bad.

I realised that when I watched Port play - IDENTICALLY to Freo last week.

Its us not them.

And that makes me really happy!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Yes, good point. I was just thinking whether Williams would join the long line of coaches to say, after the Saints thrashed them, that they had played their worst game for the year. At least Craig had the decency to simply say that the Saints were too good!

ctqs
Club Player

Nope. Let them keep underestimating us. Stuff them.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
bendigo bob
Club Player

ctqs wrote:Nope. Let them keep underestimating us. Stuff them.
Sounds silly doesn't it but I enjoy being the underdog and sitting on top of the ladder

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone Else Sick of Hearing That Teams Had Bad Nights?

marksnsparks wrote:We are so good at the moment it feels disappointing when the opposition score a goal!
absolutely spot on - when they kicked the last 2 I was actually cursing to myself - that said I got over it very quickly when I came to my senses and realised that they kicked the same score as we kicked in the 1st quarter

28 and 36 in consecutive weeks - awesome just straight out saintsational :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

marksnsparks wrote:Bullcrap, we've made them all have bad nights with our pressure! We are so good at the moment it feels disappointing when the opposition score a goal!

I was just about to post something very similar.

All week these so called fickle experts have been sticking their chests out saying how great Port are playing and the 12 year record over us etc, and how much of a real test this will be for us.

Then so far into our Impressive belting we were giving them they start taking it away from us and questioning if we're this good or Port are just poor.

St.Damo's Fire
Club Player

I think bad nights happen no doubt, our turn will come, but the way we are playing at the moment a lot of opposition teams are going to have a bad night! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simon Templar
Club Player

".........But we can't judge their form accurately until they play a GOOD team."

Footy commentators are under the mistaken belief that because we are flogging our opposition that the opposition are just having a bad game.

They're having bad games alright, they're being squeezed and suffocated and then flogged.

Go you good things....!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The media havent got on board the saints yet and everyone we have played has had a really bad day.

This suits me fine, anyone that doesn't pay respect will find it a demoralizing lesson this year.

The media are still talking up carlton and are not looking up, it should keep our motivation going - the only real concern at the moment is whether we can sustain the pressure and the motivation.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

yeah and plenty of improvement to come from us.
After quarter time our goal kicking went haywire- about 8 goals 15 in the last 3 quarters??
Could have been REAL ugly if we had kicked straighter.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i read one report that attributes port's poor form to the fact that they were shattered by two early reports....give me a break ffs...they happened in the second quarter...the game was over by then.....
Last edited by stinger on Sat 25 Apr 2009 11:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

perfectionist wrote:Yes, good point. I was just thinking whether Williams would join the long line of coaches to say, after the Saints thrashed them, that they had played their worst game for the year. At least Craig had the decency to simply say that the Saints were too good!
To be fair to Choco, he said a bit of both.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 30960.html
Port coach Mark Williams admitted that St Kilda handed Port "a fair lesson in tough footy".

"They beat us at all aspects of that game," he said.

"They caused so many turnovers that our players lost all confidence in the second quarter working out what to do.

"St Kilda is the real deal. They are right up there. The realisation where we are ... we are in the pack with 10 teams fighting out the next four down to 13 or whatever it is. We have to regroup for our next game.

"We were poor, but I thought St Kilda were excellent."

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

MMM for the first 20 minutes were talking of the problems at Port, something not right there blah blah blah
Sounded like after Freo game last week, and WCE the week before.

Before Im 85
SaintDebi
Club Player

I'll never get sick of hearing about teams having a bad night - as long as we are the reason they are having one!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I hope they all have crap nights, right up until the Grand Final.

StPeter
Club Player

Yes a lot of the media are underestimating us.

Mike Sheahan has tipped against the Saints in at least 3 of the 5 games this year.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:
marksnsparks wrote:Bullcrap, we've made them all have bad nights with our pressure! We are so good at the moment it feels disappointing when the opposition score a goal!

I was just about to post something very similar.

All week these so called fickle experts have been sticking their chests out saying how great Port are playing and the 12 year record over us etc, and how much of a real test this will be for us.

Then so far into our Impressive belting we were giving them they start taking it away from us and questioning if we're this good or Port are just poor.

and that f*** wit that does the top 50 footballers....noddy somebody...is still to tip us for a win........must be vying with kiss of death to pick the lowest nymber of winners...... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Bad nights occur when the opposition gives you a split second less to dispose of the ball.

Our pressure causes these turn overs.

Im sick of hearing we haven't beaten much yet. They said Port was our first challenge.

Now we smashed them and they say Port have some internal problems etc.

All that said there is still lots of positive talk about the saints and the boys deserve it.

falka
Club Player

Who cares what anyone thinks, all that matters is the result and how we are going about things to get that result.

Why care if Sheehan tips against us, how does that upset anyone, its irrelevant,

Why waste your time worrying what people say, think if we keep doing what we are doing, enjoy it.

If everyone picks us and we lose, will you be happy because they picked us? Fair dinkum, look at what is important.

st.kim
Club Player

Teams CAN have bad games, and one of my pet hates is when your team doesn't get the bounce of the ball etc, but generally a team only plays as well as its opposition allows, and we aren't allowing anyone to get their game going atm, our tackling and pressure on the ball carrier is a joy to behold.....i just LOVE IT when we force the opposition to kick across the ground, forcing a turnover and punishing them on the rebound :lol: