a great sign from tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

python
Club Player

a great sign from tonight

usually without kos in the side, it is just a kick it long to roo game, even with kos in the side it sometimes became that. Players got impatient and bombed it long. I often got very frustrated last year at the amount of times it was kicked long to milney, and only milney, against three opponents or more. Its not going to work. Last year, we were guilty of kicking it long to roo when he was outnumbered so many times, it really stuffed the forward structure.

Tonight without kos i was concerned that this would be the case, especially in the wet, slippery conditions. But it wasnt, and i couldnt be happier. Sure we used roo a lot, but it was when he was open, and he dominated the game when it was to be won. This team is patient, and whilst there might be the odd call of 'just kick it long' from the delusional supporter, i am absolutely stoked with the way we were determined to open up the play and find the best option. It is the best way to go about things, and this team, as of now, is dedicated to it...

Still gotta remind myself that there is such a long way to go, but if we beat the doggies next week, in the same fashion as we have beaten all the last 3 sides, well, i doubt ill be able to contain myself.