Ross Lyon is a bloody genius?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jimmy1972
Club Player

Ross Lyon is a bloody genius?

I will pray to the man. :P

gO.SainTs
Club Player

Amen :lol:

Jimmy1972
Club Player

Imagine if Kosi was there, more damage. Full Control :shock:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, we let 'em off pretty lightly without Kosi 8-)

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Credit to the great man...Im sure Mehebable will be along to tell us how hes just turning us into "sydney" or Dodgyfox will tell us how hes just managed the "core"...or maybe saints 43 can tell us how he "cant work out the fuss...and the coach hasnt done anything yet..." :lol:

Every circus needs clowns.... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
stkildajimmy

[quote="Jimmy1972"]Imagine if Kosi was there, more damage. Full Control :shock:[/quote

oh that was so so sweet. awesome tackles, they moved that ball like true contenders. in lenny we trust.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

I don't exaggerate when I say this.

There is no other coach in the AFL I would rather. Ross has my full support and trust to be our second premiership coach.

Shaggy
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Credit to the great man...Im sure Mehebable will be along to tell us how hes just turning us into "sydney" or Dodgyfox will tell us how hes just managed the "core"...or maybe saints 43 can tell us how he "cant work out the fuss...and the coach hasnt done anything yet..." :lol:

Fair go Tef. You are the one who said our list wasn't good enough. Today's team was very similar to the ones which lost the big games last year.

So maybe Mehebable and Dodgyfox should not be crucified ... they did believe in the list even if they had a go at the coach ... at least they believed in the list which some didn't :D .

As for RL .... Yes he has them all purring. Gun coach 3 years in ... there has never been a side start a year like we have this year ... we are seriously in and RL must take the most creditt :D ).

I look forward to his book on the past which will only come out if we win the flag :D .

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
Teflon wrote:Credit to the great man...Im sure Mehebable will be along to tell us how hes just turning us into "sydney" or Dodgyfox will tell us how hes just managed the "core"...or maybe saints 43 can tell us how he "cant work out the fuss...and the coach hasnt done anything yet..." :lol:

Fair go Tef. You are the one who said our list wasn't good enough. Today's team was very similar to the ones which lost the big games last year.

So maybe Mehebable and Dodgyfox should not be crucified ... they did believe in the list even if they had a go at the coach ... at least they believed in the list which some didn't :D .

As for RL .... Yes he has them all purring. Gun coach 3 years in ... there has never been a side start a year like we have this year ... we are seriously in and RL must take the most creditt :D ).

I look forward to his book on the past which will only come out if we win the flag :D .
which list you talking bout Shaggles?

The one Ross Lyon added depth to with:

Gardiner
Ray
Geary
Eddy
Snieder
Jones
King

Theres a third of tonights 22 that Ross LYON bought in??? you must mean THAT LIST... :lol: :lol:

I understand you too have may have some egg on your face with a previous negative attitude toward Roscoe.....I'll cut you some slack for the silly comments.... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
Solar
Saintsational Legend

he has created a team that works for one goal

thats what will be the difference....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Actually good comment on the telecast tonight made mention of 1 thing Lyon has bought from Sydney - the ability to get the MOST from non-household name players. Roos built a midfield that won a flag many couldnt name........Lyons now doing it via Geary/eddy/jones/Gwilts.

Its an absolute sign IMHO of a coach who can DEVELOP players....a rare skill indeed. IF we go to bigger things this year it will be on the back of the evenness that Lyon has instilled in this combination.

Ive not seen us this truly even - without superstar Gehrigs kicking 100 or Hammils or Harvs but with so many "no names" and perform so strong.
THAT is refreshing for this club andall credit to Lyon.

“Yeah….nah””
Jimmy1972
Club Player

How good does it feel to have a team that is firing and is ruthless, MMM.w

Shaggy
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

which list you talking bout Shaggles?

The one Ross Lyon added depth to with:

Gardiner
Ray
Geary
Eddy
Snieder
Jones
King

Theres a third of tonights 22 that Ross LYON bought in??? you must mean THAT LIST... :lol: :lol:

I understand you too have may have some egg on your face with a previous negative attitude toward Roscoe.....I'll cut you some slack for the silly comments.... :lol:
I agree he has added depth with 7 from the last 3 drafts. Some would say that is not enough.

But to me what is relevant is getting the best out of the players :D .

We are now attacking which I think is the major difference (no doubt you disagree ... coralling was never going to work IMO).

FullMonty
Club Player

Have to admit I was wrong about RL.
Didn't like the brand of footy early last year as it looked a lot like the Sydney rubbish.
The game style he has them playing now is fantastic.
The pressure on the opposition all over the ground is a credit to the whole team.
Keep up the good work guy's!

Montyrules!
saintly_safes
Club Player

He has got the players to a level were they are selfless ultra team orientated & the work rate is unbeleivable . They just pressure teams to an extent they cannot function in a normal way. I dont think Geelong have exerted that much pressure on teams for such a long period. Was the preseason a smoke screen to decieve everyone ? If it was then he is a super coach. Look at guys like Gwilt , Mc Qaulter, Jones ,Geary, Dawson ,& Eddy tonight they have stepped up so much it has to be a coach related thing.Confidence is a huge thing & to see the guys just giving thier all & reaping the rewards is nothing short of " saintsational"

Shaggy
Club Player

saintly_safes wrote:He has got the players to a level were they are selfless ultra team orientated & the work rate is unbeleivable . They just pressure teams to an extent they cannot function in a normal way. I dont think Geelong have exerted that much pressure on teams for such a long period. Was the preseason a smoke screen to decieve everyone ? If it was then he is a super coach. Look at guys like Gwilt , Mc Qaulter, Jones ,Geary, Dawson ,& Eddy tonight they have stepped up so much it has to be a coach related thing.Confidence is a huge thing & to see the guys just giving thier all & reaping the rewards is nothing short of " saintsational"
Good call.

But the bottom 6 are stepping up IMO because of the top 18 which IMO depends on the coach.

And we have 4 of our top 15 to come back IMO. We are seriously in for the year of our lives as Saints supporters.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:He has got the players to a level were they are selfless ultra team orientated & the work rate is unbeleivable . They just pressure teams to an extent they cannot function in a normal way. I dont think Geelong have exerted that much pressure on teams for such a long period. Was the preseason a smoke screen to decieve everyone ? If it was then he is a super coach. Look at guys like Gwilt , Mc Qaulter, Jones ,Geary, Dawson ,& Eddy tonight they have stepped up so much it has to be a coach related thing.Confidence is a huge thing & to see the guys just giving thier all & reaping the rewards is nothing short of " saintsational"
Good call.

But the bottom 6 are stepping up IMO because of the top 18 which IMO depends on the coach.

And we have 4 of our top 15 to come back IMO. We are seriously in for the year of our lives as Saints supporters.
No shaggy you still dont get it.

We are NOT carrying people - we just saw Dal/Montagna largely cut out of the game and I would argue carried a little by the Gearys, Jones, Dawsons of the world....thats NOT the "top 18" carrying anyone.

You need to understand that FINALLY this coach knows how to get the WHOLE team to buy in and play TEAM football. No over reliance on individuals- even at selection NO favorites (Eddy over X had many questioning...Lyon doesnot play that way). And whether you like it or not - he has REGENERATED a list that had holes (see some of tonights tap ruck work) AND overhauled the previous ridiculous fitness and conditioning team at the club.

The guy can coach....try saying it..... :lol:

You need to

“Yeah….nah””
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Lyon said in his press conference there was six players off the rookie list were playing tonight , thats something Thomas never did ! develope talented kids that for whatever reason wern't good enough for the draft. We got milne from ess. rookie list but I carn't think of any others in thomas's time . They may not be match winners but if trained to fill specific roles they can be useful. Eg. jones , has gone from being in our bottom six players ,to being in the top ten, he's not the best player , but he has been fantastic this year doing the job that has been assigned to him each week. Full credit to Lyon and his coaching staff

felixleo
Club Player

Will this finally end the GT/RL debate?

Are you gonna be the one?
marksnsparks
Club Player

I remember Bomber having a go at the Saints last year, saying that at least Geelong was full of home grown players and Saints were full of recycled players.

Maybe now he should acknowledge the fact that a truely great coach can find excellence where others found mediocrity?

Milne
Gram
Ray
Dawson
King
Gardiner
Schneider
Gwilt

This guy could turn goats piss into gasoline!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:This guy could turn goats piss into gasoline!!
lol

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

felixleo wrote:Will this finally end the GT/RL debate?
Yer its over.....Lyons ending that... :lol:
whose GT?

“Yeah….nah””
marksnsparks
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
marksnsparks wrote:This guy could turn goats piss into gasoline!!
lol
I have to admit not my work, shamelessly stolen from Blues Brothers

Shaggy
Club Player

marksnsparks wrote:I remember Bomber having a go at the Saints last year, saying that at least Geelong was full of home grown players and Saints were full of recycled players.

Maybe now he should acknowledge the fact that a truely great coach can find excellence where others found mediocrity?

Milne
Gram
Ray
Dawson
King
Gardiner
Schneider
Gwilt

This guy could turn goats piss into gasoline!!
it has been set up for us against the cats.

Serious competition. We looked like we fell away but now we are back. I would love 2 years of us dominating the comp with the cats.

But its not GT vs RL or GT vs Bomber or RL vs Bomber but IMO ...
its list vs list.

marksnsparks
Club Player

I think it is time to acknowledge the last great thing Rod Butrss did for this club. Signing RL.

Vision beyond comparison?