?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

casey scorp
Club Player

Progress at Seaford?
matrixcutter on 25 April wrote:<heard the CEO say seaford is underway last nite
Which CEO?

Let's hope it's not Michael Nettlefold claiming that, because there's nothing underway on the site yet.

But perhaps "underway" means that there is off-site progress. That would seems to be supported by skeptic's comment:
skeptic wrote:but i've got a real good feeling about next week
Alternative development site at Linton Street?
Loyal wrote:all we need to do now that the stands have come down is develop the site at moorabbin to accomodate our elite need.
skeptic wrote:yep, now that the stands are down I guess we're free to develop this into something comparable to the lexus center
In fact we only need to develop Moorabbin into something comparable to Belvedere Park - and then we're in front because:

* we control the entire site for the next 30 years
* we get to keep our social club
* we are located in the next suburb to our aligned partner.

Next week will be interesting - there's lots of credibility now riding on progress actually occuring at Seaford.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Casey, it seems you've taken my rather sarcastic post and are presenting it out of context.

I'm simply pointing out, as so many before me, that we gave Moorabbin a very decent shot.

Look I love the place. I live down the road from Linton St, Belvedere Park is 25min further away than Moorabbin. But the bottom line is, the council don't want us there and have been nothing short of oppositional to every attempt the Saints have made improve the dumb

for god's sake they've been calling the car park... a parklands

Solar
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Casey, it seems you've taken my rather sarcastic post and are presenting it out of context.

I'm simply pointing out, as so many before me, that we gave Moorabbin a very decent shot.

Look I love the place. I live down the road from Linton St, Belvedere Park is 25min further away than Moorabbin. But the bottom line is, the council don't want us there and have been nothing short of oppositional to every attempt the Saints have made improve the dumb

for god's sake they've been calling the car park... a parklands
you sum it up very well :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
casey scorp
Club Player

skeptic wrote:Look I love the place. I live down the road from Linton St, Belvedere Park is 25min further away than Moorabbin. But the bottom line is, the council don't want us there and have been nothing short of oppositional to every attempt the Saints have made improve the dumb
I agree with you that the Council didn't want us there, and that it was quite apparent.

However, the Council changed with the elections last year in November.

With the change of Council and the exit of Archie from St KFC, there is a changed dynamic on both sides.

It seems to me that:

* there is strong sentiment to stay at Moorabbin from supporters
* there is a strong business case to stay there as well (provided Kingston Council will contribute funding commensurate with Frankston, or greater).

It needs KCC to demonstrate a clear desire to maintain the Saints at Linton Street, and to be prepared to make the financial contribution necessary.

However, the club needs to ask the question of the Council.

Prudent management would demand that the question be asked.

If the club is blindly committed to Seaford, and dismissive of Linton Street, it will avoid asking the question. Or it will leave the asking until it is too late.

My guess is that, unfortunately for our club, avoiding the question is the likely scenario.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The move to Seaford will herald the demise of the St Kilda Football Club.

Traveling to Tassie will cost me a fortune.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Solar
Saintsational Legend

hey everton, anything to add on your comment about seaford?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Courting the danger of throwing a bone to the dogs, red rag to the bulls who just don't seem to get the money thing.

Anyone know if the AFL has considered tipping some money into Moorabbin as a possible development for a "boutique" stadium to help with the MCG & Etihad fiasco?

Apparently they're considering making moves regarding Whitten as well as Princess Park - my source on that is about as reliable as Saintsational but it got me thinking... anyone know where the AFL's looking other than Princess and this mystery Docklands jr site?

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:10am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
kaos theory
Club Player

I agree with you that the Council didn't want us there, and that it was quite apparent.

However, the Council changed with the elections last year in November.

With the change of Council and the exit of Archie from St KFC, there is a changed dynamic on both sides.

It seems to me that:

* there is strong sentiment to stay at Moorabbin from supporters
* there is a strong business case to stay there as well (provided Kingston Council will contribute funding commensurate with Frankston, or greater).

It needs KCC to demonstrate a clear desire to maintain the Saints at Linton Street, and to be prepared to make the financial contribution necessary.

However, the club needs to ask the question of the Council.

Prudent management would demand that the question be asked.

If the club is blindly committed to Seaford, and dismissive of Linton Street, it will avoid asking the question. Or it will leave the asking until it is too late.

My guess is that, unfortunately for our club, avoiding the question is the likely scenario.
FFS,

Do you have any idea at all about how reality works?

Do you think money just grows in the shrubs behind moorabbin oval? Do you think the st kilda footy club has buckets of cash lying around and all the time in the world to decide what to do about its training facilities?

What a great idea, casey, lets 'ask the question' of the new council if they want us back. :roll:

Do you understand what is actually involved in getting a large complex project built to completion, on time and roughly in budget?

Asking a question of a councillor and getting a response like "Yeah, we would be interested in exploring further the possibility of upgrading the oval as a training base" is step ONE in a THOUSAND COSTLY steps that need to all happen before you get any chance of getting a project up and running.

The club as already wasted time and valuable money trying to go through this process and failed, after asking the initial question years ago of the old council.

I don't give a rats what this council says, its meaningless drivel. What matters is signed & binding contracts.

We already have that with Seaford, so now are we supposed to put that in jeopardy, and waste more time and money asking questions that lead to nothing again?

Unless Kingston come to the saints and offers a binding contract, which is to the satisfaction of the club, AND is able to cover off any fallout from breaking a commitment to another council & project, then it is just time wasting rubbish. And there is as much chance of the council doing that as there is of eddie agreeing to move collingwood to the Gold Cost.