Clinton Jones

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Clinton Jones

Speed, Time and Class - according to the commentator on Fox!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

It was Robert Walls that came out in about CJs second game and announced on the commentary that he was a dodgy kick but went hard.

This was then picked up by channel seven's dim wit Bwooce Mc ervany and has been perpetrated in the media -he has started to show that he is a good user of the ball and he can sneak a goal.

Having an awkward action is about the only problem with his kicking and IMO he has made the biggest impact in the shortest amount of time of any of the newer guys.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Having an awkward action is about the only problem with his kicking and IMO he has made the biggest impact in the shortest amount of time of any of the newer guys.
yes, good point. i couldn't care if he kicks them with the heel of his foot, so long as they are effective. he's showing signs of being a very good and versatile player.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

After yesterdays game - and watching the replay - who will be tagging CJ next week?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:After yesterdays game - and watching the replay - who will be tagging CJ next week?
Thought the same - gee there were some real strong critics here who are now conspicuous by their absence on the CJ issue...

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:After yesterdays game - and watching the replay - who will be tagging CJ next week?
Thought the same - gee there were some real strong critics here who are now conspicuous by their absence on the CJ issue...
Not me. I'm happy to tap the mat on CJ.

I'm glad he's proving me wrong!!

He has really stepped up a level. He's doing extremely well at the tagging job and, like Bakes, is also doing some extra damage on top.

Good on him. Apparently he's always been keener than most to make a go of it at AFL level. So I'm excited for him. Go blondie!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The absent critics are off back stabbing Gwilt and Gram on other threads.

Some players just don't get a fair go from the fans- the Doggies might wish now they hadn't gone after Farren Ray as hard now he looks like he might be a decent player at another club same goes for Dawson at the Hawks.

Both those guys were bagged by their own fans at their previous clubs, there would be a few clubs that could use those 2 guys now.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

<<message to CJ

CJ.....
get ready, its getting closer, start thinking about it in your mind, pretend the next nine opponents are 'him'....in round 14.....
increase your work, increase your fitness, run further, run faster, tackle harder.....
be ready to take on one of the comps best players....GA.
u have 9 weeks to be at your very best...to take on one of the best.

8-) we believe.....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I'm still here and still believe Clint needs to find his right foot and to use the left foot he has to better advantage.

Have never doubted his courage and endeavour, since I first saw him in a practice match a couple of years ago. I knew then he would not be on the rookie list for long.

If he can improve his disposal further he will have a long career with the Saints.

Keep up the good work Clint.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
barneyboyz
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:<<message to CJ

CJ.....
get ready, its getting closer, start thinking about it in your mind, pretend the next nine opponents are 'him'....in round 14.....
increase your work, increase your fitness, run further, run faster, tackle harder.....

8-) we believe.....
Yes Clinton Jones, I believe, we belieive and I think, even you believe... GA can be yours, be strong.

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I look forward to people following my sons lead and wearing #38 on their jumper!

Believe or Burn - Ross, Us, them but most importantly CJ - BELIEVE or BURN!

tezza1
Club Player

Turning into a gun

I found myself watching the game thinking this guy is turning into not just a tagger but a gun. Seemed a fraction quicker than most and seemed to take the best option most of the time .

There is no doubt he is getting better and better.

Thinking that good teams will have to stop dal santo , montagna and jones , let alone hayes and ball and gram .

Go Sainters !!!!!
barneyboyz
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:I look forward to people following my sons lead and wearing #38 on their jumper!

Believe or Burn - Ross, Us, them but most importantly CJ - BELIEVE or BURN!
Clint busted his gut plenty last night, even when it might have been fruitless, but on some of those occasions he ended up with the ball, just marvellous, this is what is flooding through the team, sheer endeavour.

great stuff

falka
Club Player

Reminding me a bit of Ling from Cats, shuts down man, awesome tackler, left footed and kicking goals also, but quicker. Keep it up CJ, I wasn't your biggest fan, but keep doing what your doing, work hard.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i'll put my hand up too

did not rate Jones at all, thought Birss was a much much better player

has really really impressed so far this season, major part of our improvement

the only 'however' i'll add is that like the rest of the team, i'm looking forward to seeing how he'll play against more quality opposition... wil be a big test for him

barneyboyz
Club Player

skeptic wrote:i'll put my hand up too

did not rate Jones at all, thought Birss was a much much better player

has really really impressed so far this season, major part of our improvement

the only 'however' i'll add is that like the rest of the team, i'm looking forward to seeing how he'll play against more quality opposition... wil be a big test for him
Anybody who consistently runs 50m to a contest is "worthy" and remember his run down of the fabulous one last year??? he does not have to prove himself to me any more, CJ, you represent what I want in a Saints player, keep up the work mate

starsign
Club Player

If he can improve his disposal further he will have a long career with the Saints.

Keep up the good work Clint.
Oh do you really think so , thats nice!

bullshite ...if he can keep playing like he is ....he will have a long career with the Saints !
that great gutsy mark that turned a game for us, the Buddy run down and I won't even get into his 4 great games as a hurtful tagger so far this year
he's been nothing short of inspirational and just the mold of player that we seek to have "long careers " with us
Sorry, you probably mean well , but I just think your prophetically inspired utterance is a bit condescending , extremely narrow and blatently blind!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I was going to start a thread on who our most improved over the first month was...

Hands down I think you would have to give it to CJ.

His workrate, pace and usage have been top notch.

He has done some superb glove jobs and absolutely punished them going the other way.

21 touches against Freo, running at 90% efficiency. 4 tackles and three goals.... Outstanding. He should get the match ball.

His effort on Kerr was very good also. Sure Kerr got the ball, he was always going to. But he didnt get an easy kick all day. Plus, CJ got more than enough of his own...

Very impressed with the bloke. He's not a kid, but obviously can still improve.

Great first month.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:<<message to CJ

CJ.....

8-) we believe.....

Make him cry again CJ.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

the guy is a blonde headed brick wall!

StPeter
Club Player

I have always been a CJ fan and wanted him in our best 22.

He has shown plenty from his first game. About time some of his critics

woke up to his talent and endeavour.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I been a CJ fan since he arrived at the club. Always puts in 110% and does whats is asked of him each week.

Forget about Rd 14 thats months away anything can happen.

My best advice for CJ would be ......... wait you will never have heard this before,

But lets just take it one week at a time :roll:

Lets concentrate on beating his opponent on Friday and not wonder how he is going to beat GA in 3 months time. It's the same as if we were 10-0 and and we play Geelong in 2 weeks and we are playing Tigers in the coming week. We would have our minds on beating Geelong and not doing the Job on the game at hand.

Lets enjoy each week as it rolls around