How St Kilda's membership stacks up to other Vic clubs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

You buy a membership to support the club.
Of course you want to see as many games, but if you can't, just remember, if Nick is holding that cup just after 5.00pm on the last Saturday in September you can say that you helped just that little bit for it to happen.
I actually do believe this club should be able to match, if not beat Hawthorn in memberships and I am surprised we have such a low membership at the moment.
Especially after we finished 4th last year, but maybe crashing out of the pre season cup in the first round, and not looking all that good in doing so, slowed things up a bit.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

3rd generation saint wrote:You buy a membership to support the club.
Of course you want to see as many games, but if you can't, just remember, if Nick is holding that cup just after 5.00pm on the last Saturday in September you can say that you helped just that little bit for it to happen.
I actually do believe this club should be able to match, if not beat Hawthorn in memberships and I am surprised we have such a low membership at the moment.
Especially after we finished 4th last year, but maybe crashing out of the pre season cup in the first round, and not looking all that good in doing so, slowed things up a bit.
i'm not surprised at all if you go by the brand of footy we played last year.

remember you have your diehards who are there rain hail or shine, then you have your bandwagoners who will come along for the ride if success is imminent.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

maybe the club needs to re-think what a membership really is...I mean if it gets to a point as a 'donation' (and I know many who do this) maybe those that cant afford to buy full memberships cause they wont get to games should still be encouraged to donate or pledge on an annual basis....why miss out on that revenue entirely? surely the threat of their club folding could help people understand their financial commitment needs to be ongoing - not 1 year on 3 off......IF they want an AFL club to support.

it just seems a shame we have as much success as in any other good saints era and people (those who can afford Im referring to) jump off.

“Yeah….nah””
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:i have a membership and it is a complete waste of my money. with sunday games and no friday nights, coupled with the fact that i work most saturdays from 3pm onwards, means i am just donating to the club.

the fact that we play no friday night games at home means i will see only 4-5 games live this year
ask the WA supporters or QLD supporters about waste of money

I went to japan for a year and still had a membership. Was not a waste cause the club was there when I got back

btw it's not just money that the club gets from the membership, it also allows them to sign sponsorships as companies can see the audience for their product.
Thanks Solar, so true, especially about the sponsors.

Have lived interstate for 18 years and have been a member at St Kilda for 29 years. During difficult financial times when we first shifted we let our Social Club Membership go but never our footy membership. Though we see few game live, I never see is as a waste of money, it makes me feel part of the club and that we can contribute in a small way.

We have our membership on an automatic renewal and pay it monthly, doesn't cost much at all.

Its a privilege to be part of the St Kilda Football Club.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
loris
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
Solar wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:i have a membership and it is a complete waste of my money. with sunday games and no friday nights, coupled with the fact that i work most saturdays from 3pm onwards, means i am just donating to the club.

the fact that we play no friday night games at home means i will see only 4-5 games live this year

I went to japan for a year and still had a membership. Was not a waste cause the club was there when I got back

btw it's not just money that the club gets from the membership, it also allows them to sign sponsorships as companies can see the audience for their product.

I echo Saint Bev's sentiments solar....very perceptive & important point you highlight about sponsors view of things.

Yep Saint Bev it is a privilege to be a member and therefore an important cog (even if a small one) in the Saint machine.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

i personally dont have a membership for myself :(
but i buy my brother (8yr) and sister (14yrs) a membership each christmas. i go half with my dad for them. its a money and somewhat time issue for me.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:
Solar wrote:

I echo Saint Bev's sentiments solar....very perceptive & important point you highlight about sponsors view of things.

Yep Saint Bev it is a privilege to be a member and therefore an important cog (even if a small one) in the Saint machine.
I'm in awe of you interstaters..... I struggle when I head down to geelong for a couple of days every week. Us in melbourne are so lucky, we get to see the boys most weeks, get wall to wall coverage of all the clubs in the papers etc.

Plus wen us melbourne people come visiting you put on a lovely party :D

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith