King and Kosi...likely to be rubbed out.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

have to agree with plugger66

you just don't touch an umpire as it could lead to a parent attacking a 15 year old umpire at under age level.

Give him 2 weeks and shaw will learn to never do that again

but agree with the miking up, makes the umpires believe they need to be part of the play when it's better to not notice them

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Funny that. From the replay I saw he pretty much intentionally punched a bloke in the head at the bottom of the pack. A cheap shot, and a stupid act. If he gets rubbed out for a week it's pretty much what I'd expect. Selfish act.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I still cant figure out if he actually made contact or not. Stil a chance of getting off I reckon.

To the top
SS Life Member

The hit from behind Dal Santo was immediately in front of us, and we are at ground level. So probably 10 metres away at the most.

I continued to watch Dal Santo as he gathered himself and dusted himself off, then came under bumping pressure from WCE players as he moved to the centre of the ground (the ball in St Kilda's forward line - did we kick a point or turn it over?), this contact basically from behind him and continuing.

Dal Santo baulked at this contact with his arms (both) semi extended at about 45 degrees to resist the bumping from behind and that was the contact obviously reported by the umpire who approached him on the edge of the square (where the ball was being returned to for a bounce) after WCE had gained control of the ball, rebounded and goaled.

Dal Santo's contact was accross the chest level and no where near the head.

There was no swinging elbow. Merely a baulk.

It is interesting that the emergency Umpire, who entered the ground and then remained on the ground watching proceedings because of the continuing attention by WCE players on Dal Santo made no report of Dal Santo.

PJ
SS Life Member

Kosi hit with a clenched fist for sure
Agree with this - Intensional, not in play, low impact. The one saving grace for Kosi is that Glass (??) didn't flinch just got up and walked away like nothing happened. I think that's why the ump didn't react. Bit of a cheap shot from Kosi actually. Love the aggression in the play but this wasn't the smartest move. I'm guessing 1 week.

The interesting thing in Dal's case is the replay showing Stenglein (??) hitting him after he'd got rid of the ball, way too late. Could find himself on an extra charge here. Not sure if they'll consider this in Dal's favour or just worry about the wrestling and not the provocation. Don't think there's a lot of video on this, could argue it was just a little push and shove, not much in it. Hopefully a warning. If you get found guilty and just get a fine are you still eligible for the charlie?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Who cares about the damn brownlow? Means nothing, winning means everything.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:As contributed somewhere else, my view is Kosi has nothing to answer because his fist has travelled a very short distance in breaking a fall to the ground.

His fist (and the fact it was a fist is immaterial) made contact with the ground and any contact with any player was accidental. The trajectory of the movement of the hand was straight toward the ground surface - there was no deliberate effort to make contact with any other player and the trajectory of the hand movement did not alter for any such purpose - and in those circumstances it could not. It was reflex and momentory, hence no reaction from the "aggrieved" player or anyone else.

What was he supposed to do?

Not protect his fall and go face first into the turf with his hands behind his back?

The fact that he grazed a player in looking to put his hand on the ground surface and break a fall was immaterial and accidental.

The fact his hand was clenched is neither here or there - an open palm taking the force of hitting the ground may have resulted in a wrist injury.
Sounds like you're putting your hand up to be his Advocate TTT, I'm sure if he does get cited that that will be a similar defence to what will be run. Personally if he does get cited I hope that or any other defence works.

Unfortunately there appear to be a few holes in that defence, especially from the 3 angles the incident has been captured from. Firstly his left hand was already firmly on the ground, so he was steadied. There was no force on Kosi causing an imbalance. If he does go with the falling over, I believe that a person does use an open hand to break that fall (as his left hand is already demonstrating), more chance of a wrist injury trying to place a smaller area (fist) on the ground.

The fist is very material (if he was wanting to make a point to the Eagles player, a hand in the face and pushing the bloke's head into the turf would have been a safer and more telling gesture) as it is going to form a key element in a striking charge. A strike is what it was, whether it comes from a few inches or from a greater distance, as it was a fist. If it was an open hand it could then be constituted as a push, especially from close quarters.

The Eagle player did react, verbally, just because he didn't jump up and remonstrate is neither he nor there. I believe his verbal reaction was caught on the effect's mics. Probably shows the sneakiness and stupidity of the action in that it was hidden to most on the field except for those at the ground with super clear and expensive camera equipment.

I hope you and others are right that it will be viewed as 'nothing in it' because I would hate to see Kosi's good start to the season derailed by a split second of madness.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

They could always bring out the videos of him hi-fiving Roo & BJ. :D

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:They could always bring out the videos of him hi-fiving Roo & BJ. :D
And Gilbo nearly got knocked out by him with a high ten yesterday...

:lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dal no worries on the fact there is no footage, and secondly from all reports there is nothing in it.
kingy, nothing in it...if he goes for that its rubbish.
even koz is a sniff to get off.
not much in that either really...he didnt swing, just his fist hit him in the head when he was pushing himself up....didnt even really touch him...eagles player did nothing.
knowing the tribunal tho he'll get a pathetic one week

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dal's clean record might save him and the kosi one looked a lot worse than it was.

we need a persuasive advocate who can convince the tribunal that there was little contact and no intent.

kingy, i still haven't seen.

worst case scenario and all get a little holiday, we have capable replacements just waiting for a chance to return to senior football.

it will be an opportunity for someone else to step up.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:dal's clean record might save him and the kosi one looked a lot worse than it was.

we need a persuasive advocate who can convince the tribunal that there was little contact and no intent.

worst case scenario and all get a little holiday, we have capable replacements. it will be an opportunity for someone else to step up.
That is if we elect to go to tribunal if MRP penalise.

saint4life
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:dal's clean record might save him and the kosi one looked a lot worse than it was.

worst case scenario and all get a little holiday, we have capable replacements. it will be an opportunity for someone else to step up.
That is if we elect to go to tribunal if MRP penalise.
true. might be easier just to cop the one week he's likely to get.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:dal's clean record might save him
i heard there was no footage...
no footage...no proof of shite!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
Was there footage of Bakes when he got rubbed out for four plus some for bad behaviour?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
Was there footage of Bakes when he got rubbed out for four plus some for bad behaviour?
Only proof was that we had very poor representatives and advisors at his hearing!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

did stenglein come off holding his face and have to be carried off the ground??
no
he didnt.
farmer did
wrestling v a shirt front
no contest
dal will get MAYBE a fine for wrestling

this game is so friggin soft now its not funny

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

weeks or no weeks its all a roulette wheel for Kosi.
What I dont like, in the last two weeks similar on the ground incidents have happened, last week MG and now Kosi.
Agression is fine but there is a line to be drawn.

Seeya
chook23
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:did stenglein come off holding his face and have to be carried off the ground??
no
he didnt.
farmer did
wrestling v a shirt front
no contest
dal will get MAYBE a fine for wrestling

this game is so friggin soft now its not funny
wrestling and the report seperate incidents.

saint4life
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

unfortunately i think Kosi will go, hopefully only for one week

nothing in Kings, should get off

hopefully Dal doesn't get done, lack of footage and his good record should get him off

To the top
SS Life Member

No further comment.

No need really!

Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

As per other thread DAL & Kosi got off but King was cited for one match but with discounts for his prior good record he remains eligible to play next weekend.

See Link: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

chook23
Saintsational Legend

still think Kosi lucky....

great news

King suspended but record helped to get below a week.

saint4life
gringo
Saintsational Legend

774 made it sound like dals head had been collected by I think it was stenglein and thought stenglien should have been reported for the late head high contact to dal.

West coast players were then wrestling saints that came in to remonstrate. The commentary team were not sure what dal was reported for.

The umpires should have watched the game and then you would not have teams needing to remonstrate for justice.

I could not believe the amount of umpires calling frees to west coast when saints seemed to have ll the momentum- was the umpiring O.K.?

longtimesaint
Club Player

The umpiring was appalling.
Plus we were robbed of three goals. -Riewoldt handballed to Goddard, he also kicked the goal off the ground in the first qtr., and Gram's kick cleared the goal line by a metre but was called touched.

One year will be our year