Luke Ball the players we cant afford to lose most.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball the players we cant afford to lose most.

Saw the article on Luke Ball's captaincy and I was thinking of all the players we don't want to lose this year it Ball.

He get the in and under role in the midfield and we really don't have too many replacements that can continually do it.

Lenny's better standing just off the pack for a quick dish out, Dal Santo again outside, Joe outside, Armitage could come to be an in and under player.

Alot of our mids are silky skilled deliverers but we dont have a lot of grunt players. X is to fragile Eddy and Geary not really the body types.

Ablett can do both like Ball and I still think he is geelongs mvp.

I can't think of anyone I have missed but love to be proved wrong.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i agree
but if we threw bakes on the ball for a few quarters i reckon he'd go in pretty hard lol
bally IS the head down and get the footy type and the best at it on our list.
doesnt get the 'usual stats' (high kicks marks etc) as a Dal but his work ethic and 1%ers at the footy and the body are #1
we need him fit and firing there is no doubt

bob__71
Club Player

I love the way we were setting up at stopages, and around packs. We had Ball and Baker flanking every pack just hunting any opposition who dared to break out. Those two were hammering.

hAyES
Club Player

Re: Luke Ball the players we cant afford to lose most.

gringo wrote:Saw the article on Luke Ball's captaincy and I was thinking of all the players we don't want to lose this year it Ball.

He get the in and under role in the midfield and we really don't have too many replacements that can continually do it.

Lenny's better standing just off the pack for a quick dish out, Dal Santo again outside, Joe outside, Armitage could come to be an in and under player.

Alot of our mids are silky skilled deliverers but we dont have a lot of grunt players. X is to fragile Eddy and Geary not really the body types.

Ablett can do both like Ball and I still think he is geelongs mvp.

I can't think of anyone I have missed but love to be proved wrong.
What? Lenny is our best inside player and is the best in our team at getting the inside ball and firing out the quick handball to our outside players. Anybody that knows anything about our team would know that.

yipper
SS Life Member

bob__71 wrote:I love the way we were setting up at stopages, and around packs. We had Ball and Baker flanking every pack just hunting any opposition who dared to break out. Those two were hammering.
This is a very good observation. We have definately devised and are implementing a strategy at stoppages. And the roles of both Baker, Ball and Mini are crucial in this. They have obviously been instructed to orbit the contest and pounce on the ball carriers as they break out. Ball still goes into these contests often, but is often seen just outside the perimeter ready to strike. Dal is actually doing a lot of the inside work and with his creativity, sublime skills and pace is wreaking havoc.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.