Kosi's awareness !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:justin koschitzke is virtually unstoppable at this point.
how can you say this when he has only played 2 games this year. wait until round 12 then he can be assessed.

sheesh, talking about jumping the gun

Loyal
Club Player

jumping the nothing.
name one fullback that can comfortably contain JK saintly....

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:guy is a great of the game and you lot are bagging him.
will also be Prime Minister one day, win a Nobel peace prize and So You Think You Can Dance and walk backwards blindfolded to the South Pole.
No question.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Luke Ball gets pollaxed more than Kosi.

One thing that people forget, is that what makes Kosi the potential star that he is - is that he doesn't look sideways. He only has eyes for the ball.

If Kosi was to start being 'more aware', I highly doubt he'd be as effective.
This is a good post

maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Kosi has a medical problem with his peripheral vision, which was known to all before he was drafted.

Would you like to outline this supposed "medical problem". the only thing I heard that his peripheral vision tests at Draft Camp were low but subsequent test found them to be normal.

Would be interested for you to back this statement up with the evidence. Not having a go at you but I have never heard this before.

As for Kosi and awareness - it is an out of proportion myth.

All the know it alls who crapped on about the Giansiracusa (sic) hit really dont know what they are talking about. They have seen it from angles on TV that dont tell the whole story.

That hit happened 20 metres from where B4E, Bigred, and I was sitting. Bigred remarked as Gia was running at Kosi - something like - "He is gunna cop it". We could all see it coming from where we were, but Kosi couldn't because he was totally blindsided. It had NOTHING - absolutely NOTHING to do with awareness peripheral vision. Kosi was running at an angle and Gia came from the an angle that Kosi would have had to be a contorsionist to see him.

We then have his supposed lack of awareness against Sydney because he got hit in a shepard chasing the ball carrier - more building on the myth. Funnily enough didn't mention Barry Halls lack of awareness when Zac Dawson sat him on his arse.

It is a myth perpetuated by the media to have something to say.

Deconstruct it and it is basically BS.
Agree 100% with this.
I was about 30 metres away and I saw it the same way, I reckon soft(er)players avoiding contact see that sort of hit.

The blokes that run straight at the ball, and Luke B is also one of those, get hit.

As others have said, when he is on, this is part of what makes him so good.

How was Roo's peripheral vision when he spoiled Kosi's chest mark last Fri night?

All ball players lose awareness on occasions, Kosi was plain unlucky to be knocked out IMO.