hey forum

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bungiton
SS Life Member

hey forum

Long time user, who opted to sit out for a while as the forum was a little bit of a sad place for a while. Opinions are one of two things here, depending on who airs them, gospel or pure unadulterated sh!t. Sadly the two brigades of each side of opinion bang merrily against each other thread after thread.

I have made a heap of really good aquaintances through this site and although not an angel myself, howdy OLB!!, it saddens me to see the efforts of a young bloke who took it upon himself to build a place where likeminded people could get together and share a common love (curse?).

Sure there are educated footy folk, there are fans and there are fanatics, altogether it should form a nice mix, sadly it seems that in returning to this place you still have the same old arguments, repetitive thread stalking and abuse that encouraged my little holiday. Amazingly I used to log on to this place fifty times a day to see if there was anything Saintly as being stuck interstate, we don't get to training or see players sitting around cafes or walking into our shops. But I really didn't think it would be so easy to just leave and not give a damn anymore, amazingly its much more relaxing to just log onto real footy or superfooty and catch the occasional tidbit.

This forum has had some amazingly great, knowledgeable, humorous, generous and wonderful people, sadly as time goes on they've lost the need to join us, even the great man Damo himself is but an infrequent user. Kudos to the mods for trying to keep this place running, but hey ask yourself after all this time is it really worth the time, effort and money it takes just to keep this sad old status quo on life support? The blood that once coursed proudly through this place seems to be a mere trickle of what it was. Should someone not throw that switch?

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hey, you can't flick the switch...I only found this place last year and have heaps of catching up to do :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Been on the forum 2 years and nothing has changed in that time. It is all a bit of fun. I dont think we need to treat the forum or ourselves to seriously.

Depressed
Club Player

Re: hey forum

[quote="bungiton"]Long time user, who opted to sit out for a while as the forum was a little bit of a sad place for a while. Opinions are one of two things here, depending on who airs them, gospel or pure unadulterated sh!t. Sadly the two brigades of each side of opinion bang merrily against each other thread after thread.

I have made a heap of really good aquaintances through this site and although not an angel myself, howdy OLB!!, it saddens me to see the efforts of a young bloke who took it upon himself to build a place where likeminded people could get together and share a common love (curse?).

Sure there are educated footy folk, there are fans and there are fanatics, altogether it should form a nice mix, sadly it seems that in returning to this place you still have the same old arguments, repetitive thread stalking and abuse that encouraged my little holiday. Amazingly I used to log on to this place fifty times a day to see if there was anything Saintly as being stuck interstate, we don't get to training or see players sitting around cafes or walking into our shops. But I really didn't think it would be so easy to just leave and not give a damn anymore, amazingly its much more relaxing to just log onto real footy or superfooty and catch the occasional tidbit.

This forum has had some amazingly great, knowledgeable, humorous, generous and wonderful people, sadly as time goes on they've lost the need to join us, even the great man Damo himself is but an infrequent user. Kudos to the mods for trying to keep this place running, but hey ask yourself after all this time is it really worth the time, effort and money it takes just to keep this sad old status quo on life support? The blood that once coursed proudly through this place seems to be a mere trickle of what it was. Should someone not throw that switch?[/quote
Grow up and grow a thicker skin you idiot.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Bungiton.......the arguments are only frustrating if you choose to take part in them.....

Ocassionally I get sucked in, but try not to get too personal......ever since one clown spoke about my family I decided to opt out when someone gets too much...

still a fun place to be, just need to be selective......

bungiton
SS Life Member

Hey Marto, still pop in to read some of your posts mate, keep up the good work.

Depressed?? hmmm thicker skin, like that on your over abused palm there champ? See it's easy!!!

obviously the new batch doesn't point to much of a brighter future?

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
bungiton
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Been on the forum 2 years and nothing has changed in that time. It is all a bit of fun. I dont think we need to treat the forum or ourselves to seriously.
yeah it's just the wading through pages of abuse and quotes mate, never took myself seriously at all, as most that remember could attest to. yeah it is a footy forum, nothing serious about it at all, just a group of pimply kids chasing around a bladder of pig skin inflated by air......... hmmm the universe is plentiful

BallBanger
Club Player

Hey Bungi on joining this site you had a crack at everyone and had people offside....

We all move on forgive and forget....

Being a perth resident what info do you have on Alistair Smith?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Been on the forum 2 years and nothing has changed in that time. It is all a bit of fun. I dont think we need to treat the forum or ourselves to seriously.
yeah it's just the wading through pages of abuse and quotes mate, never took myself seriously at all, as most that remember could attest to. yeah it is a footy forum, nothing serious about it at all, just a group of pimply kids chasing around a bladder of pig skin inflated by air......... hmmm the universe is plentiful
Come on, old pusser....

Still visit here once and a while, it's these "pimply kids" that are the future of this site and they will mature...

I don't know if you realise that the posters on this site now pay for this site existence , so it's really up to the posters that are here to determine if this site goes under or not....

The so called plug will be pulled if people don't contribute to this site...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Greetings Bungi....jolly nice to see you around these parts again. Pull up a chair and stay a while...its not such a bad place.

Us mods are doing our best...contrary to some opinion 8-) but sometimes I think we'd rather be doing something easier..like uniting Korea or bringing peace to the Middle East.

Note to the uninitiated, this fella is one the funniest people you could ever spend an afternoon at the football with...the comedy gold just flows from his mouth

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
santazzi
Club Player

I hold the joining date of 09/04/2004 sacred. You belong to that fraternity of sainters and glad you are back........!!!!!!!!!

Sainterman
Club Player

Try not to take it too seriously out there mate, but agree the old days were better. I don't post a lot and never have but like reading some of the stuff that gets posted on here. Certainly not one for the 5+ page threads that turn into a keyboard warriors warzone. Too much of that...

Lately it has been less enjoyable, but hopefully the wheel will turn again. Gee, wouldn't a premiership just straighten it all out!!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

WB Bungi !!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Bungi ... u have been missed!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

saint66au wrote:.the comedy gold just flows from his mouth
SOmething certainly flows from somewhere but you could probably get debate about its value and the orifice from which it eminates... :lol: :lol: :shock:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SaintDebi
Club Player

I wasn't here in the "old days" but I've grown to love this place. I like that we can all air our views, agree or disagree with others, gain a new perspective and learn something new now and again.
It can be entertaining (and somewhat voyeuristic) to follow the debates of some posters.
And of course, remember if things get to frustrating or offensive, escape is merely a mouse click away!

asiu

hey depressed

yr a dead set wanker

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Hi Bungi..good to see you back in town mate :wink:

I have been here since 03[joining date shown was after it crashed and was restored]

I have to admit in the early days I tended to get too easily sucked into arguements that probably bored the shyte out of everyone like the personal back and forwards insults does me now :roll:

These days I just pop in and out [still the best source of early,inside info on the mighty Saints] and try not take it too seriously..

True that we have lost some great posters [Moose and bigred etc]over the years but still plenty of quality here amongst the crap I believe...

And we still occassionally meet before games at Livewire where I have met Barks,Joffa,Father Eastern,saint66au,Thomas,Dal Santo's girl,Saint Luke,Snoopygirl,Haveys Diciple,Zippy,Rogerwa ,The jigging saint whose name I am proud to say I actually coined in a post after seeing him on tv doing his victory jig :)

They are all great company and I hope to catch up with many of them again in a few weeks.

Thought I remember meeting you at the great western a few years ago or is that one too many crownies... :oops:

Anyway mate its all essentially good and I would love to see you post more often...

Your wit and intelligent posts have been missed ...

Flicking the switch to this place would be unthinkable... :shock:

Erratic,dysfunctional,delusional,immature etc etc but in the end its family

And you take everyone as they are...

Welcome back bro :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Tue 07 Apr 2009 10:38pm, edited 5 times in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Piss off Bungi you woos.

harden the f### up :wink:

Was thinking about where you were the other day - glad you are still in the land of the living.

I have turned over a new leaf. The footy season is here and I take every post by any member here on its value (even yours plugger66 :wink: ).

I mean this conspirarcy rubbish and pissing contests are tiresome.

There is only really one troll and thread jacker who seems to be allowed to wreck threads with impunity.

He has chased away many a good poster - yourself Moose JeffDunne Savatage Bigred and many others.

When the mods grow a pair and ip ban the abusive trolling thread jacker will be a great day for SS.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

santazzi wrote:I hold the joining date of 09/04/2004 sacred. You belong to that fraternity of sainters and glad you are back........!!!!!!!!!
santazzi
Club Player

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Before Im 85
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Piss off Bungi you woos.

Was thinking about where you were the other day - glad you are still in the land of the living.

I have turned over a new leaf. The footy season is here and I take every post by any member here on its value (even yours plugger66 :wink: ).

There is only really one troll and thread jacker who seems to be allowed to wreck threads with impunity.

He has chased away many a good poster - yourself Moose JeffDunne Savatage Bigred and many others.

When the mods grow a pair and ip ban the abusive trolling thread jacker will be a great day for SS.
You ................................. !!

If you had a pair they'd hang out the bottom of your mankini !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Piss off Bungi you woos.

You ................................. !!

If you had a pair they'd hang out the bottom of your mankini !!
Oh thats a particularly evil mental picture 8-)

JB..reckon youve changed your tune? ..when JeffDunne left a while back, unless Im very much mistaken you were firmly in the mods corner, telling all and sundry to lighten up and give us all a break.

Now..cos it appears that because you arent getting your own way and someone you want banned isnt...hes a "valuable poster" and the mods need to "grow a pair"???
Apologies if my memory has cheated me or that Ive misinterpreted anything youve meant...but thats how it is coming across to me

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I reckon ban everyone and just leave me on here.
You guys can tune in from time to time to drink in some of my usual high brow offerings .
How good would that be?
:D

PS, I can FAX autographs.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Hey bungi...

How are ya.

Same shyt...different season :P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I left yesterday.

Was back today.

“Yeah….nah””