Not only 3rd but:-

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Not only 3rd but:-

3rd best percentage - defensively number 1 (135 points conceeded) and the first and second teams on % have had big wins against lacklustre competition. We have done it the hard way against teams still in the hunt at 3 quarter time.

Also we have not had a goal-less quarter and have a fair spread of goals per quarter (except 1st against the Swans)

Some posters have said that the Swans and Crows wont play finals this year - even if they dont - they will impact those that do - we have downed two teams and confidently so. I am liking the 2009 version of My Saints.

Also I am liking that we are playing a style of football that proudly yells "It is My ball - you have no right to have it - Give it BACK!!!!"

The only thing I would like to see improve is when we bump or lay a tackle the opposition should end up on the turf - it makes it had to do a 1 - 2 if #1 is sprawled out.

Believe or Burn!

Saintersss
Club Player

Re: Not only 3rd but:-

Sainter_Dad wrote: The only thing I would like to see improve is when we bump or lay a tackle the opposition should end up on the turf - it makes it had to do a 1 - 2 if #1 is sprawled out.

Believe or Burn!
Can't really do that with the new rule introduced this year.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Great post.

We may not have beaten two teams who will be contenders, but in July they will still be a chance of finals IMO, Carlton have beaten two lesser teams, their position means nothing atm.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote: Can't really do that with the new rule introduced this year.
Can do it legally - you look at geelong - when they shepherd or bump the person bumped usually is delayed from returning the handpass - not saying go out and be idiots - just do the things that need doing - but do them hard

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote:
Some posters have said that the Swans and Crows wont play finals this year - even if they dont - they will impact those that do - we have downed two teams and confidently so. I am liking the 2009 version of My Saints.
Both of our victims were finalists last year and both have beaten finalists in their other game this year. Adelaide doing it on the road.