max and X in? Fisher to mid and gilbo forward?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint08
Club Player

max and X in? Fisher to mid and gilbo forward?

Who will force their way back into the side?

do X and Max come in, for gwilt and geary, and we release fisher into the midfield and Gilbert to forward line?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Give Max another week,even if he is pushing selection. No point rushing him as we can cover him atm.
Like to see X come in and play some good footy and stay on the ground for more than 2 weeks. He can come in for either of Gwilt or Geary

Bring back the Lockett era
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert has been playing his best footy down back......why 'release him' forward???

He is a natural attacking defender, play him there.....like Fisher....leave them where they play their best...

rexy
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Gilbert has been playing his best footy down back......why 'release him' forward???

He is a natural attacking defender, play him there.....like Fisher....leave them where they play their best...
Agreed BigMart, not only does Gilbert get in the hole and take good marks, but his ability and willingness to take on the defense, break down 1 line of the zone and kick over the next is paramount to our ability to score more freely.

Never thought I would say it but at this stage I am starting to think that BJ resting forward when not in the midfield is a good idea. In the past I have always been against our best deliverer (word?) being in front of the ball but at the moment the likes of Gilbert and Fisher and the wingman in Gram Ray Monty etc are being able to do a good job of moving the ball out of the back line.

If Max comes in it will be for Dawson.

X was best on ground yesterday apparently. i dont however see any player that is an obvious omition. Perhaps X needs to keep going in the 2s until someone is obviously not up to it.

Maybe this year?
starsign
Club Player

X was best on ground yesterday apparently

anyone know the whereabouts of any report on the Zebras V Bendigo practice match yesterday?

ok just found the other thread

Foz
Club Player

Not sure we rush back X or Max at this stage. Both would be great inclusions but history says X especially needs a solid base.

With Gilbert, I would like to see him played predominantly off a wing. His role would be a floating runner between HB and HF. Also he'd have a role as a high forward defensive player.

Effectively with Roo still slightly underdone it would allow our big forwards to play deep, Gilbo would be great as the defensive tackling high forward or the running off half back defender. Similar role to Farren Ray but pushing forward more and more of a focal point.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would think no changes this week as Max would not quite be ready but once he is he must come straight back in. X needs one more good game in a proper game not a practice match amd he will be straight in also.

Quixote
SS Life Member

^^^ Who do you think will come out?

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:^^^ Who do you think will come out?
One week to go but if they were ready this week Zac is out and either Geary or Jimmy but both would be very unlucky. If I had to go with one it would be Jimmy.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Give Max another week,even if he is pushing selection. No point rushing him as we can cover him atm.
Like to see X come in and play some good footy and stay on the ground for more than 2 weeks. He can come in for either of Gwilt or Geary
agrees 100%

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

If Gram is injured then X could come in for him,if Gram is not injured then X could replace Gram whilst he went back to Sandy and learnt to kick,at the moment he's on a par with Jones,kicking wise.....

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?