Why I am happy Sydney won tonight...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why I am happy Sydney won tonight...

Because we received no credit for knocking them over last week, as soon as we got the victory people were talking down Sydneys chances this year and how they were finished...

The same with Adelaide....last week there was a lot of banter that they were top four contenders for beating the likes of Collingwood. Yet all I have heard today, is that we haven't proven much beating a team unlikely to make the eight?

Where is our respect, it makes me mad! But then on the other hand....suits us to fly under the radar and then....BAM! 8-)

PS - Special mention to Zac again for last weeks effort on BBBH
Last edited by SainterK on Sat 04 Apr 2009 11:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We don't need the credit, ohwhenthesaints.

We just need to keep winning.

I'm not interested in reading about StKFC in the papers or hearing about us on radio or tele.

Let's just go about our business and see what happens in September.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
PJ
SS Life Member

Don't worry OWTS there will be plenty of interest in what the saints are doing now. People haven't given us much respect for some time but I don't think that is bothering any of the players - they are earning huge respect from the people who know.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

good post owts....when we win..the other side either got shafted by the umpires...had a downer ...or were missing their stars.....

..i think pple will look a bit closer now...although i don't mind flying under the radar for a few more weeks.....
Last edited by stinger on Sat 04 Apr 2009 11:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rexy
SS Life Member

I am happy they won because Hawthorn lost.

Always happy for potential top 4 sides to lose to teams that probably are not.

Looked like the hawks missed Zac :wink:

Unfortunately he went missing for us a few times last night to :wink: :wink:

Shows how well our defense worked as a unit and also how much midfield preassure we are putting on at the moment.

Maybe this year?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:good post owts....when we win..the other side either got shafted by the umpires...had a downer ...or were missing their stars.....

..i think pple will look a bit closer now...although i don't mind flying under the radar for a few more weeks.....
You and me both, let the boys continue to take care of business 8-)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

2 win in front of a struggling hawks

very happy

sydney will be around 8th come the end of the season,

hawks lose too many more and top 2 start to look hard for them to be honest, they are the walking wounded.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:2 win in front of a struggling hawks

very happy

sydney will be around 8th come the end of the season,

hawks lose too many more and top 2 start to look hard for them to be honest, they are the walking wounded.
They are the Bradbury premiers - thats what they are.

Geelong lost it last year - they didn't win it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Newman
Club Player

Like that Joffa Boy - Bradbury Premiers - sure were. As I've already stated before - as soon as the flag was in the bag - I turned off TV. I've had enough footy footage of Hawthorn enjoying their grand final wins. Met a Hawk fan the other day who said 'you know I've been to 5 Grand Finals and seen 5 premierships' ... can't relate at all to Hawks fans. But I can relate to fans who've experienced painful years of barracking eg Bulldogs, Demons ... even Cats. Here's hoping maybe this year is our year to experience joy.

casey scorp
Club Player

Solar wrote:hawks lose too many more and top 2 start to look hard for them to be honest, they are the walking wounded.
Hawthorn was always going to struggle early in 2009 because of injuries. They probably weren't expected to be 0-2, but certainly weren't expected to dominate.

Don't under-estimate them. By the end of the season they'll be well entrenched in the 8.

Losing the first 2 games isn't a death sentence:

In 1997 we lost the first 2 games and were on the bottom of the ladder (in fact we lost 4 of the first 5). We went on to finish on top of the ladder at the end of the H&A season.

In 2005, Geelong won only 2 of the first 5 matches and also ended up on top of the ladder at the end of the H&A season.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

To be fair, the hawks were missing 9 of their premiership players from last year.....

Big hard to judge, considering that.

walski
Club Player

Re: Why I am happy Sydney won tonight...

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Because we received no credit for knocking them over last week, as soon as we got the victory people were talking down Sydneys chances this year and how they were finished...

The same with Adelaide....last week there was a lot of banter that they were top four contenders for beating the likes of Collingwood. Yet all I have heard today, is that we haven't proven much beating a team unlikely to make the eight?

Where is our respect, it makes me mad! But then on the other hand....suits us to fly under the radar and then....BAM! 8-)

PS - Special mention to Zac again for last weeks effort on BBBH
Im really liking the underdog tag this year with this team. Making this brand of footy that the saints are playing all the more satisfying for me. The more people say we cant do it. The more motivation for the "Hard balls gets" 50%er and the contested ball. BRING IT ON REALLY :D

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:We don't need the credit, ohwhenthesaints.

We just need to keep winning.
Couldn't agree more. I've loved winning these first two tough matches, but we need to win the next two as well to really get our season going.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Why I am happy Sydney won tonight...

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Because we received no credit for knocking them over last week, as soon as we got the victory people were talking down Sydneys chances this year and how they were finished...
I called the Saints' win over Adelaide...
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... p?p=717255

I also called Sydney not being as weak as some were suggesting.
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... p?p=717250