Where are all the Koschitzke slaggers?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Previous criticisms were generally warranted though I never agreed with the notion of trading him. Great to see him lifting his contribution. If he can do it consistently will be a huge plus for us. Keep it up Kosi.

saintjake
Club Player

it is only round two.
our main beef with kosi is his consistency when kosi does this as often as roo
buddy
fev.
then you can come back and yell at us until then
dont worry about it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am of course a fan of Kosi, and I would just like to point out the hard work he has obviously done in his preseason. He is enjoying great fitness at the moment, which is a huge plus for him and for us! Well done Kosi, I am really happy for you! :D

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where are all the Koschitzke slaggers?

Moccha wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:

Looked an awful lot like full forward to me insofar as we can tell on TV.

Sorry, but I must have missed all those leads he offered out of FF??????

Looked to me a lot more like he was floating around the forward line...often running towards the goal, or going sideways......rather than out from it.

Liked too his gather on the 50m arc that he kicked long to King standing at FF.

I still believe that he is not suited to playing as a traditional leading FF....but is very suited to other roles.
You're a bloody expert aren't you.

Who played full forward and who played on Rutten then?
Ok lets firstly se where we agree...we both agree that Kosi played a very good game as a key forward.

Howevever where we disagree would seem to be on the definition of what a full forward is. From my perspective Kosi did not play as a traditional full forward. ie a market target who mainly starts from the goal square and who provides a constant series of leads out from from goal up the the ground.

As to Rutten in that first quarter...I think one of the reasons that Kosi got so free so often is that Rutten was probably looking at playing as a Full Back...whereas Kosi was not playing as a "full forward" (at least by my definition).

After the first quarter Rutten started manning up...rather than trying to play a set position. But by then Kosi had gained his confidence.

Again I think we both agree that Kosi playeda very good game as key forward.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 05 Apr 2009 12:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Bout bloody time is all I can say. Hope he keeps it up.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Bout bloody time is all I can say. Hope he keeps it up.
if thats all you can say - why even bother saying it?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mooksy
Club Player

Settle down people. 2 games does not make a season.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Met a guy yesterday who owns a shop Ben Cousins gets his fruit and veg from.

Rekons that cuz says that Kosi is going to be the AFL bolter of the season. He is mates with Gardy and says it is the first time he goes in with the body holding up. Best news I 've heard for awhile.

The guy was a pies supporter so he wasnt even trying to get some freebies.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kosi has been great in 2 games and lets hope he continues close to this form but remember a week is a long time in footy. Just ask Zac.

walski
Club Player

I think that biggest thing from the 1st 2 rounds with Kosi is that he got a ticket from Ross to roam around the field. Not be a true full forward which is causing hell of match up problems for opposition sides.

A bit of a Matthew Richardson style game but pulling it off with great style.

Still having flashbacks to that grab in rd1 :). In my seat for a good ride whatever way the cookie crumbles....

Saint Mik
Club Player

I will always love the great man, I have copped a bit about my Sig over the years but I still reckon he is capable of it.

GO KOSSI YOU GUN, just keep the high 5's down a bit will ya, first roo and now BJ (i think it was anyway) :D

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
To the top
SS Life Member

To compare Kosi with Fevola or Franklin is just stupid.

Kosi is a 197cm utility player who brings to the St Kilda side the skills and flexibility he does.

Fevola and Frankilin have to be targets - Kosi can roam the ground imposing himself on the game.

Shaggy
Club Player

To the top wrote:To compare Kosi with Fevola or Franklin is just stupid.

Kosi is a 197cm utility player who brings to the St Kilda side the skills and flexibility he does.

Fevola and Frankilin have to be targets - Kosi can roam the ground imposing himself on the game.
Exactly right IMO

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:

Exactly right IMO
Good on you.

I'd rather have Fev or Buddy any day, and I'm not having a go at Kosi, just acknowledging that they are both better than Kosi.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

Exactly right IMO
Good on you.

I'd rather have Fev or Buddy any day, and I'm not having a go at Kosi, just acknowledging that they are both better than Kosi.

character wise and dedication to fitness..i would stick with kosi......the other two do have the runs on the board though...kossi needs to bank a few more good days before i am completely satisfied that he is over his troubles.......i have a feeling that buddy won't be a long term player at the highest level...looks a bit plump around the middle already......

fev is just a goose...was when he was a st kilda cheeer squad member....still is ......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

If what I heard about Bubby last week is true, and I believe it is, his time is running out quickly.

Great footballer though.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Shaggy
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

Exactly right IMO
Good on you.

They may be ... just. But only because they are played in position and Kosi isn't :D .

I doubt Fev or Buddy would be very good given a mid role.

I have had this spat with you before but Kosi is much more like Goodes and should be played the same. Maybe Goodes will be better but Kosi would be close.

But Goodes would be an average FF like Kosi.

And yesterday Buddy was very ave when given the run around the ground.

Horses for courses.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:If what I heard about Bubby last week is true, and I believe it is, his time is running out quickly.

Great footballer though.
So you all noticed it as well...I made a comment about Buddy in the opposition forum last night, he sure looks like he has been in the good paddock.

I commend our boys for their fitness this year, they are on the whole in very good shape.

Oh, and I am happy with the boys we have on the park thanks very much 8-)