4 and 0

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

4 and 0

I'm getting ahead of myself here, but we have to be 4-0. We've ground out two tough victories and now have two bottom four sides at the Dome.

I remember in 2004 we won consecutive games v Carlton and West Coast by >100pts. Time to win both by over 50 and look like true contenders.

rexy
SS Life Member

Perhaps if we concentrate on 3 and 0, only then will 4 be possible.

Maybe this year?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yep, ahead of yourself :wink:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

im looking at 22-0

jk

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintbob
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Yep, ahead of yourself :wink:
DITTO

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Please stop it beacuse yeah you are getting WAY ahead of yourself..

Its ONE week at a time, lets not get carried away here , just ONE week at a time. I really don''t want to start penciling in games, it can only lead to heartache as I am living on the side of caution these days....

I will never claim a victory until it ours to claim, same goes with a flag... just can't handle the heartache, needs to be one game and only one game at a time..

Just my opinion of course :) :) but I see where your coming from but I was never going to post it :)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Always good to look ahead for a bit of fun.....

As long as the playing group, coaches ect. take it one week at a time and the supporters dont get to far ahead of themselves.

Still.....lets just calm down a bit.

Sure it's exciting, but it's only round 2.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:im looking at 22-0
Good work son...that's the spirit. None of this namby pamby 4-zip rubbish! Anything less than 22-0 and two premierships this season or we're a complete joke.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I am shitting myself over the next two weeks. I am going to stick my neck out and say these are tougher games than the first two have been.

Why? Because having been a St Kilda fan for 19 years now (Wow, has it really been that long?!) these are the games we lose. We're up, we're flying, we're in great form and then we play crap against the bottom sides.

West Coast have really touched us up the last few years too, especially at the dome. If we take out the Harvey 350th, we've lost like five or six in a row to them.

Will not be suprised if we are 3-1 or 2-2.

For tonight, I'm just stoked and enjoying grinding out a really tough win!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Please stop it beacuse yeah you are getting WAY ahead of yourself..

Its ONE week at a time, lets not get carried away here , just ONE week at a time. I really don''t want to start penciling in games, it can only lead to heartache as I am living on the side of caution these days....

I will never claim a victory until it ours to claim, same goes with a flag... just can't handle the heartache, needs to be one game and only one game at a time..

Just my opinion of course :) :) but I see where your coming from but I was never going to post it :)
Hello DSG. Haven't heard from you in a while. Nice to see a post with your name on it.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

jk
25 - 0. Pessimist!

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Please stop it beacuse yeah you are getting WAY ahead of yourself..

Hello DSG. Haven't heard from you in a while. Nice to see a post with your name on it.
+ 1

was starting to get worried you'd fallen off the planet DSG!
Great to have you back (although this is actually my second post since the end of last season lol)

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:West Coast have really touched us up the last few years too, especially at the dome. If we take out the Harvey 350th, we've lost like five or six in a row to them.
Look.....we lost to them last year @ Subiaco in a game we should've won.

Before that, we played a Judd, Kerr, Cousins & Cox stacked midfield, combined with one of the best teams in the AFL.....most times.

The current team isn't even close, so comparisons are pointless.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:West Coast have really touched us up the last few years too, especially at the dome. If we take out the Harvey 350th, we've lost like five or six in a row to them.

Before that, we played a Judd, Kerr, Cousins & Cox stacked midfield, combined with one of the best teams in the AFL.....most times.

Hmmm, fair point. But even still, they are a dangerous team to get complacent against. Mind you, WE can be complacent as we like...

Let's just hope the players are really switched on, eh?

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:

Hmmm, fair point. But even still, they are a dangerous team to get complacent against. Mind you, WE can be complacent as we like...

If we play like we did tonight, we'll win by 60+.....

AP Erebus
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Good work son...that's the spirit. None of this namby pamby 4-zip rubbish! Anything less than 22-0 and two premierships this season or we're a complete joke.
QTF!!

And this is only the minimum... A pass mark is having the entire team named all australian, the entire team draw the brownlow and Roo winning the Rising Star for a second time...

Also, the Norm Smith being shared by everyone including the coach

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:

If we play like we did tonight, we'll win by 60+.....
Even though I didn't see or hear the game tonight, I know three important things.

Dal and Kosi played absolute blinders, we kicked 15.11.101 to 10.9.69 and we had 88 tackles to 56.

So without having watched the game at all, if we play like we did tonight (on the WORST ground for us btw) yer we will win.

Still, I am keeping a lid on it. But that's just me.

saintly_safes
Club Player

One week at a time.We are doing well , dont get ahead of ourselves.Lets keep appling the pressure & maintain the focus.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ok, I'll get ahead of myself.

F*** one week at a time.

We are supporters, can say whatever the heck we want to.

We will make the eight.

I have no doubt, yet I did 2 weeks ago!

[/url]

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

+ 1

was starting to get worried you'd fallen off the planet DSG!
Great to have you back (although this is actually my second post since the end of last season lol)
Thanks guys, I am still here and still living, LOVING the footy at the moment, I just been very quiet. Motherhood has me away from the computer but I'll make sure from now on I post more often :)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: 4 and 0

Moorabbin Saints wrote:I'm getting ahead of myself here, but we have to be 4-0. We've ground out two tough victories and now have two bottom four sides at the Dome.
My memory is short.

Last time we played the Weagles they were meant to be easy-beats.

Can you please remind me of what happened on the day?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: 4 and 0

saintsRrising wrote:
Moorabbin Saints wrote:I'm getting ahead of myself here, but we have to be 4-0. We've ground out two tough victories and now have two bottom four sides at the Dome.
My memory is short.

Last time we played the Weagles they were meant to be easy-beats.

Can you please remind me of what happened on the day?
You are trying to forget our worst loss of 08...and these things happen when the team starts to believe it has to give any less that 100% to achieve a win...

Sure that Ross and the boys will be guarding against this bigtime...

Approach each game as the last 2 weeks and 1 at a time....

End of story :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

this win is wasted if we loose one of the next two...we werent really meant to win and we did so now we have to ram home the advantage

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

8-10 goal difference from subiaco to docklands

I never pencil in wins, but really we should beat West Coast very easily.

Fremantle the week after might be a bit tougher. They have potential,just depends which freo turn up on the day,but still,should win.

Port are a different kettle of fish the week after..... Stkilda playing a rejuvignated Port at AAmi is almost akin to us beating Geelong I reckon. They just have our measure 100%,and in addition they'll be a very good side this year

Bring back the Lockett era
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Lets just get the job done, simple.