New look Saints ready to deliver

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
bob__71 wrote:
meher baba wrote:To all the posters on here who reckon that they don't mind Walls's commentary, how do you go with his suggestion that Goose was faking it and a wuss when he didn't get up and play on after BBBB Hall illegally smashed him in the guts (when, given how Staker subsequently reacted to the same strength contact to the head, the bastard should have been praising Goose for being able to return to the match at all).
:twisted: :twisted:
I think he should have made much more of an effort to get up and play on. I thought it a bit soft of one of our bigger, supposedly tougher players. And I think goose was found out somewhat on that day.
Of course you are right. And as for Staker, his failure to get straight back up and play on shows that he is just a handbag carrying pillow.......
Yeah right... u may wish to turn to Hodge, Dermott and Dipper as examples also???

Walls was right on Goose. He should have gotten up and at at least tried running. He would have got more respect by falling over again. As it was, his actions showed Hall the white flag IMO.

Of course u hate Walls... he bagged GT.

Typical myopic opinions from some Saints supporters... nothing better to do than slag individuals.

So Dempster was no good last year? And Schneider didn't have an average debut season?

LOL...

I really don't care if Walls did have the final say on RL. To say he writes nice things because he appointed Walls is childish and silly.

And on a final note, I'm not surprised many journos hated GT... after his stupid comment about Richmond on Monday night.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:It appears that a sense of humour is hard to find on a Friday afternoon.
I'm tipping with you that goes for saturday through to thursday too.

You shouldn't take yourself quite so seriously.... that's what killed Houdini.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:It appears that a sense of humour is hard to find on a Friday afternoon.
I'm tipping with you that goes for saturday through to thursday too.

You shouldn't take yourself quite so seriously.... that's what killed Houdini.
BOOM TISH! :D Got it in before the weekend...awesome work!!!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:To say he writes nice things because he appointed Walls is childish and silly.
It's incredibly naive to think he doesn't.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Rubbished and ridiculed by many....his putting all the pieces together is now being recognised.
Recognised for a R1 win over a poor team?

Gee us Saints fans are easily pleased.
Read it properly Dodgey... it's an overview of the changes made over the past few years. But don't let facts get in the way of a free potshot at the coach.

"Us" Saints supporters??? Mate, you're not worthy of calling yourself one TBH.

For someone sooooo disillusioned by it all, I see you still enjoy trolling the forum on a regular basis. Oh dear. :roll:

Let's hope we lose tonight, so you can really write your next Pox Report from the heart... can't wait.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I find most of your posts hilarious.

My response was just a cautionary one to advise others that just because you posted something doesn't necessarily make it accurate.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Rubbished and ridiculed by many....his putting all the pieces together is now being recognised.

Read it properly Dodgey... it's an overview of the changes made over the past few years. But don't let facts get in the way of a free potshot at the coach.

For someone sooooo disillusioned by it all, I see you still enjoy trolling the forum on a regular basis. Oh dear. :roll:

Let's hope we lose tonight, so you can really write your next Pox Report from the heart... can't wait.
You're quite angry Wayne.

Relax.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Yeah right... u may wish to turn to Hodge, Dermott and Dipper as examples also???

Walls was right on Goose. He should have gotten up and at at least tried running. He would have got more respect by falling over again. As it was, his actions showed Hall the white flag IMO.
I know someone who knows Barry Hall. I guess it might be possible for me to organise for Bazza to drop around your way when you are not expecting it and smash you in the guts when you are totally defenseless and see how you shape up afterwards?

Typical myopic opinions from some Saints supporters... nothing better to do than slag individuals.
Actually, I don't have any recollection of Walls ever bagging GT: but he was massively anti-St Kilda for a long time before RL was appointed coach. I'm not sure why: perhaps he wasn't happy about the way the club treated Sheldon and Alves. But suddenly, since the appointment of RL, he has been all over us like a rash.

I actually agree with a lot of what he had to say in the article, but I know that he has a serious lack of objectivity and therefore can't take what he says about anything seriously.

And I don't hate Walls: far from it. I'm old enough to remember him as a player, and greatly respect the way he played. And I was initially quite impressed with him as a coach: he was a bit of an innovator for a while, but I actually think his fatal flaw - lack of objectivity - meant that he tended to play favourites among his playing list and this led to a diminished on-field performance over time.

Also, I actually think that he seems like he's a really nice guy. But, as I have said, when all is said and done, he's a bit of a goose. And listening to him and that twat Tim Lane commentating together is all but intolerable.
So Dempster was no good last year? And Schneider didn't have an average debut season?
LOL...
Yep, Schneider was definitely pretty average.

Dempster played better as the season went on. He has good disposal by foot and I would definitely have him in my top 22 if all our players were fit.

But not Schneider, sorry. I don't rate him. Nor Jones (other than as a fill in, as at the moment) nor Eddy (ditto). And I am hardly going to reach a firm conclusion about Gardi, Zac and Ray on the basis of one good game each.

But I sure do hope that all these guys play stunningly well tonight, and that Schneider kicks a bag full and has 25 touches and puts mud on my face big time.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
aquariusJ30

urgh. i was embarassed reading this article.

we shouldn't be hyped up for the flag after 1 freaking game. i honestly didn't think we would be considered serious contenders this year, yet the same article appears AGAIN.

thanks robert walls. what a tool. in fact the whole ch10 commentary team pisses me off.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Yeah right... u may wish to turn to Hodge, Dermott and Dipper as examples also???

I know someone who knows Barry Hall. I guess it might be possible for me to organise for Bazza to drop around your way when you are not expecting it and smash you in the guts when you are totally defenseless and see how you shape up afterwards?

Actually, I don't have any recollection of Walls ever bagging GT: but he was massively anti-St Kilda for a long time before RL was appointed coach. I'm not sure why: perhaps he wasn't happy about the way the club treated Sheldon and Alves. But suddenly, since the appointment of RL, he has been all over us like a rash.

I actually agree with a lot of what he had to say in the article, but I know that he has a serious lack of objectivity and therefore can't take what he says about anything seriously.

And I don't hate Walls: far from it. I'm old enough to remember him as a player, and greatly respect the way he played. And I was initially quite impressed with him as a coach: he was a bit of an innovator for a while, but I actually think his fatal flaw - lack of objectivity - meant that he tended to play favourites among his playing list and this led to a diminished on-field performance over time.

Also, I actually think that he seems like he's a really nice guy. But, as I have said, when all is said and done, he's a bit of a goose. And listening to him and that twat Tim Lane commentating together is all but intolerable.
LOL...
Yep, Schneider was definitely pretty average.

Dempster played better as the season went on. He has good disposal by foot and I would definitely have him in my top 22 if all our players were fit.

But not Schneider, sorry. I don't rate him. Nor Jones (other than as a fill in, as at the moment) nor Eddy (ditto). And I am hardly going to reach a firm conclusion about Gardi, Zac and Ray on the basis of one good game each.

But I sure do hope that all these guys play stunningly well tonight, and that Schneider kicks a bag full and has 25 touches and puts mud on my face big time.

Actually, you'll notice that I never question a players hardness. Nor do I openly call them soft. Goose should have got up or at least attempted to. Sent the wrong message to the team. IMO.

As for the article... just an overview of the changes. That anyone can take it as a ringing endorsement that we'll win the flag... or that it will honestly affect the players... is beyond me.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

look at roger..

hovering over the forum, ready/waiting/hoping for a loss.

whereby he can drop more pearls of wisdom than B4E about how crap we are and I told you so!

Wheresmebucket !!? :twisted:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

You're quite angry Wayne.

Relax.
You say angry... I say realist.

As for a sense of hunour... you'd have to be as funny as a bad f@rt in a crowded elevator.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:As for the article... just an overview of the changes. That anyone can take it as a ringing endorsement that we'll win the flag... or that it will honestly affect the players... is beyond me.
This point at least I agree with. It certainly won't affect the players.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Why the hell is this story on the home page of the Age website? :shock:

Red
Club Player

I suppose that 8 players debuting in the past two years shows that we must

play kids sometimes. What do you think Rodger?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:As for the article... just an overview of the changes. That anyone can take it as a ringing endorsement that we'll win the flag... or that it will honestly affect the players... is beyond me.
This point at least I agree with. It certainly won't affect the players.
Just so you understand...

I can agree with part of your opnions, ok?

What annoys me is that whatever a journo says, they slag off.

1- he nowhere predicted that we'll win the flag.

2- he summarised the changes and is of the opinion that we're in a position to challenge.

3- Ok, so he made a call on Goose... and what if he was wrong?

What's the big deal... or the reason for some of the vitriol?

Perspective mate, perspective. It's a frikin article. All this pumping up tyres crapola ffs. We don't need the attention ffs. It wasn't that long ago that people were spewing about a lack of media coverage and the adverse affects on membership.

We finally get some good press... and F*** me... everyone goes nuts again. :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:How on earth can any of you even dream of taking this bloke seriously?!!!

Remember the streak??

Just before it ended Walls wrote an article on how to stop (the then all conquering) Saints.

It was bang on...and opposition coaches did pretty much what it suggested....and th Saints days asa Super-power stopped.

Now I do not know whether Walls came up with the stragies in it...or whether he gained them by beinga journalist and tallked to other coaches.

But either way...the article was bang on...and the streak came to an end.

Now know one is 100% correct...but by and large Walls writes some interestin stuff.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes, some adjustments and astute recruiting have put the Saints in a position to challenge.

Yes that is right...the article did not have the Saints as winning a flag...but just that the Saints were now in a position to challenge.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Yes, some adjustments and astute recruiting have put the Saints in a position to challenge.

Yes that is right...the article did not have the Saints as winning a flag...but just that the Saints were now in a position to challenge.
Well, he was pretty much spot on... after tonight's win.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:3 points I take from the article:

1) 8 blooded players in 24 months of coaching. Leads one to think we'll probably see 4 or so more this year, and it might be worth having some patience instead of panning the selection of members of that 8 (Jones, Geary) getting selected ahead of the untried Steven and Heyne.
i think oje reason that steven has not been tried yet, is that he is slightly injured and will most likely come back through the vfl next wext.