what do the 'saint' mean to you

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintnat
Club Player

what do the 'saint' mean to you

i would like to no what other people belief the word saint means to them.

i was talking about it in schoiol and would like to heer other ideads.

so what does saints mean to you? here is the best meaning.

The word saint seems to agree in the Hebrew and Greek, so, in the Greek the root word is hagos, an awful thing, or a thing full of awe as the word awful was used in the original English intent. It means purified ceremonially, holy, consecrated.

In the plural, as used of believers, it designates all such and is not appled to persons of exceptional holiness, or to those who, having died, were characterized by exceptional acts of "saintliness." See especially 2Thess. 1:10, where "His saints" are also described as "them that believed," i.e. the whole number of the redeemed."

fingers
Saintsational Legend

nat don't get me wrong - I love your posts today and love your passion - but maybe you should switch to decaf ;)

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

My football club: the mighty sainters

A much less appealing rugby league football club in some city further north

A rather dull TV series from the 1960s/1970s starring Roger Moore

Strong "marching in" associations with New Orleans and Louis Armstrong

People hailing from the "world's most remote" island of St Helena in the South Atlantic (I met someone who comes from there once).

And I know that there's some sort of religious association to the word, but I can't remember what that is just now.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saintnat
Club Player

fingers wrote:nat don't get me wrong - I love your posts today and love your passion - but maybe you should switch to decaf ;)
i not sure whayt you mean about decaF

what is your meaning of the word saint fiungers

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: what do the 'saint' mean to you

saintnat wrote:i would like to no what other people belief the word saint means to them.
Roger Moore.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

A person who has been cannonised by the pope.

Now if it was the "saints" it would mean something very different

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

The place where I go on a Wednesday night to pick fights with Colin Sylvia.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

howlinwolf
Club Player

I think i get the drift of your question saintnat.

I honestly believe that certain AFL clubs attract people of similar character traits. Of course not in every sense of the word or every single member.

But to be a Sainter you have to obviously be a very loyal person. One that is happy to fight in the trenches against the odds as you're going to cop the tiresome dribble about "how many wooden spoons ?" , " how many premierships ?"
This barrage is mainly heard from Carlton supporters who have their own character traits, such as narcissistic bandwagoners that believe flags are their natural right as much as spoons are ours. A complete Allan Bond memory in regards to how some of these flags of a proud club came to be earned.
Cats supporters that forget they have won only one out of the last 6 GF attempts.
Demons supporters that are yet to realise they have been in the wilderness for 50 years. Read Pies as well.

As a sainter you will stick fat through more tough times than good. You will be a person that I'd want behind me in the trenches.
You will be fiercely loyal to family and friends.
Probably more like a Doggie or Tigers fan.

Once you choose StKilda as your club they are with you for life.

You see an upcoming champion as more than that. You see him as a Messiah that will lead us to the promised land.

And most of all you LOVE red, white and black.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Re: what do the 'saint' mean to you

joffaboy wrote:
saintnat wrote:i would like to no what other people belief the word saint means to them.
Roger Moore.
Dream on.

Roger at all more like it.