Reserved Seats !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
markp wrote:
loris wrote:The worst thing is sitting next to a whinging saint supporter who bags saints players all day, even if a player is playing to the best of his ability and trying his hardest. Whinging Sainters are the pits IMHO :evil:
They are a peculiar breed indeed... I was standing next to 3 of them for the first half... constant bagging of their own, not a positive word from any of the players, even when we started to turn the tide.

According to them Milne was the worst footballer out there, and we should've gotten rid of him, and all our 'boofheads' (which it seemed meant most of the team, but particularly Raph and Gwilt) years ago.... Their favourite expressions were '(groan...) here we go again', '(groan...) no idea' and '(groan...) don't kick it to him, he's useless'....

Do people like this really enjoy going to the footy?... Why do they bother? They seem to revel wallowing in defeat... it's very sad.
they will also bag a player even though it's plain to see they have done their hammy an hour ago and the player is in fact jimmy gwilt.

They also boo when we kick it backwards and set up across the ground to beat the rolling zone :roll:
Yes, I at times feel it would be better to have an opposition supporter sit around me than some of these "so called Saints supporters"...

I am sure that they have just no idea of the game.

I for one was absolutely rapt in Clinton Jones performance against last years Best and Fairest....

Jones completely shut down Jarrad McVeigh after quarter time and was possibly Jones best ever game.

Jones kept McVeigh to just 9 kicks and 7 handballs, (most of those were in the first quarter).

Yet some fans still continue to bag him.

GO FIGURE :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
stinger wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:Well.....maybe I might wear a WC jumper smack bang in the middle of the reserved seats in 2 weeks time.....

I'm not breaking any rules, It's my name on the ticket.

I wonder what will happen then.....

why would you want to do that ???....
Dunno to be honest.....I get bored sometimes and try to find ways to entertain myself.....

I guess i could find more practical ways to do so..... :?

:roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:I buy two reserved seats at the dome!

As I lead a George Clooney lifestyle I use my spare seat for a different and very lucky girl each week and if anyone is suggesting that I cannot bring whoever I like to sit in this seat with me, providing they are are not an opposition supporter, ( would never do this ) then I would politely suggest to anyone who was going to stop me to go forth and multiply!

I pay good money for this extra seat and I will allow whoever I choose to sit in it!

once again we agree........
It's becoming quite common these days :wink:

Seriously I read this nonsense in an email from the club about the seats being non transferable, almost rang the club to give them my thoughts on the matter, but thought, nah just ignore it, noone would be silly enough to question this in public surely!

If anyone even tries to tell me that the extra seat I pay for to in part help the club is non transferable, they will be duly ignored and calmly put in their place, should they then decide to take it further they would be best advised to first call for security!

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

providing they are are not an opposition supporter, ( would never do this )
and good on you for that :-)

See its all about common sense and respecting the people you sit around. Works 100 times better than hard and fast rules anyway :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

See its all about common sense and respecting the people you sit around. Works 100 times better than hard and fast rules anyway :-)
So lets get this right. You are happy if we transfer non transferable tickets to Saints supporters but if we ask a friend to go and he follows the opposition then it is wrong. What is wrong with the opposition being in our area if they are mates. As discussed by you and many others on here there are as many bad saints supportes as other sides.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:

So lets get this right. You are happy if we transfer non transferable tickets to Saints supporters but if we ask a friend to go and he follows the opposition then it is wrong. What is wrong with the opposition being in our area if they are mates. As discussed by you and many others on here there are as many bad saints supportes as other sides.

Exactly - Similar to before, my card does not state "Non-Transferable unless the other people sitting around you approve". Damn. Must have been a misprint.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The OP was because the randoms that were in the area WEREN'T with mates or anything like that. They just showed up in their swans gear with their swans memberships around their necks. It appears that they were able to purchase tickets legitimately on the day of the game because the area isn't fully sold. We, on the other hand are required to be social club members to have seats in that area of the ground.

The mates in seats is another arguement alltogether !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The OP was because the randoms that were in the area WEREN'T with mates or anything like that. They just showed up in their swans gear with their swans memberships around their necks. It appears that they were able to purchase tickets legitimately on the day of the game because the area isn't fully sold. We, on the other hand are required to be social club members to have seats in that area of the ground.

The mates in seats is another arguement alltogether !!
Seats among yearly seat holders are only put on sale when all other tickets on that level have been sold..fact.

The ticketmaster software cant cope with selling these tickets just to saints members on match day..Ive raised this as an idea with TD/ES in the past.

Solution? the more people who buy reserved seats..the less there are to sell to the public on match day!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I thought we had a waiting list for reserved seats - or is that only on L2.

Where I was on Saturday night there were plenty of empty seats in the L1 reserved area.

Was there many on L2??

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
loris
Saintsational Legend

Hey it even works in pubs in WA where we get the game to us live when it's not supposed to be live but shown the next day 10-12 hours later.

Our Western Saints group who are by far the majority in our fantastic watering hole always welcome opposition supporters into our exclusive room that's especially set aside for us...it makes it more real when there are some opposition voices.

There were about 1/2 dozen interlopers (some invited some not) there last Sat eve in our Sainters alcove.
Naturally they had bragging rights during and after quarter time and we Sainters were a very despondent mob, throughout the quarter they were a litle more vociferous than us. We were a very quiet mumbling lot. Then for the next 2 quarters they had to take it from us....especially the crap that was being heaped onto BBBH the Boofhead from us Sainters each time the ball went near him (which admittedly wasn't often).

Gee the game is being sanitised enough IMHO. Putting up with opposition supporters is what the game is all about............ treat the crap ones with well directed humour/ wit............ it usually works and often embarrases them into better behaviour.

Some of you need to come over to a match at Subi and realize what it's like to sit in amongst the opposition who surround you en masse even though you've paid for the priviledge of supposedly sitting with a block of Saints supporters..........sorry doesnt always happen.....but them's the breaks. You don't have to deal with one or two obnoxious opposition supporters but 30,000 odd. And some of us pay social club membership for one or two games a year here to experience that.....get a life ffs (if I can quote stinger :wink: )

The next thing that bugs me is the Saint supporters who only like going to games at the Dome 'cause it's out of the elements. And lo and behold they bring up excuses about they have young kids and it's safer for them to be there. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Silly parents putting their kids in mothballs and wonder why they have problems in later life with dependancy issues. Gee how long have kids beeen going to the footy and had to experience the elements and abusive opposition supporters? A lot longer than I've been on this earth and believe me that is quite some time 8-).

I can only go back to the 1950's and some of my most memorable times and I may add scarey times have been standing in the elements at Victoria Park, Windy Hill, in the shadow of the gasometer at Arden street etc etc as a Saint supporter and what made it memorable the two things...........the interaction with opposition rabid supporters and watching my team trying (often not successfully I may add) to win a game that not only pitted them against the other team but the element of nature. Great stuff.... real interaction...yeah!

Too many people IMHO are too protected and precious these days....just like some tourists who only feel comfortable when they are cocooned in their own environmental bubble..... and totally miss the experience of other cultures and how to interact or deal with them appropriately.

Ooooooooooooooooophs sorry about the rave folks :P :wink:

loris
Saintsational Legend

Gee now I'll be in trouble with you Saint66au...... I didn't realise MW was for Saints supporters only. The past 2 years when I have been over in Melb I've got you to get me 2 tickets on the MW because its been a ticketed match. Both times it was against Geelong...the friend I had with me each time was a Geelong supporter :shock: :shock:

Infact last time she sat next to an old boyfriend of hers she hadn't seen for years......Judge Bongornio (?spelling) who also is a Geelong supporter...so another Sainter on the MW secreted an opposition supporter into this sacred area. :shock: :shock: Own up who you are if you read this post...after all I have confessed to my sin :(

Actually when I was introduced to the Judge, I was thinking what a great place Australia is. Here was one of Australia's top Supreme Court Judge's who was currently residing over the most protected & guarded court case that has ever happened in Australia, sitting at the footy without any guards... possibly couldn't and wouldn't happen anywhere else in the world. He was just another footy supporter - opposition one at that- enjoying an afternoon at the footy with his Sainter mate, in amongst a lot of crazy Saint supporters screaming abuse at the GFC.

Geelong gave us a footy lesson in that match and I can't recall my friend nor the good Judge being obnoxious or abusive. But I could hear plenty of abysmal language coming from MWers.

Yep a great place Australia where most of us can sort the wheat from the chaff if you get my drift :roll:

Now I'll have to grovel for you to get me a ticket for a ticketed match next time I'm over Saint66au...... I promise I won't bring any well mannered Cat supporter with me.......am I forgiven please :wink: :wink:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

loris wrote:Gee now I'll be in trouble with you Saint66au...... I didn't realise MW was for Saints supporters only. The past 2 years when I have been over in Melb I've got you to get me 2 tickets on the MW because its been a ticketed match. Both times it was against Geelong...the friend I had with me each time was a Geelong supporter :shock: :shock:
I think saint66au's issue is actually with the MW reserve - not the MW in general. (Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe) MW has been an organic movement guided by a special few, but never by the club other than in assistance by request (i.e. saint66au!)... it's a GA seating area, and other than the reserve, if an opposition club ever arrived there en masse before us, we'd just have to wear it.

At least I hope that's the case, I've sat there with opposition mates for years!

And I hope I've got Saint66au's view right, because I also owe him a debt of gratitude for his guidance when I decided to move into the reserve this year!

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
loris wrote:Gee now I'll be in trouble with you Saint66au...... I didn't realise MW was for Saints supporters only. The past 2 years when I have been over in Melb I've got you to get me 2 tickets on the MW because its been a ticketed match. Both times it was against Geelong...the friend I had with me each time was a Geelong supporter :shock: :shock:
I think saint66au's issue is actually with the MW reserve - not the MW in general. (Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe) MW has been an organic movement guided by a special few, but never by the club other than in assistance by request (i.e. saint66au!)... it's a GA seating area, and other than the reserve, if an opposition club ever arrived there en masse before us, we'd just have to wear it.

At least I hope that's the case, I've sat there with opposition mates for years!

And I hope I've got Saint66au's view right, because I also owe him a debt of gratitude for his guidance when I decided to move into the reserve this year!
Correct and correct Bam...and thanks for your kind words. I saw your Dad (well I know it is now...I did toy with the idea of barging up and introducing myself lol) in your seat on SAturday. When you claim it back Sat week, please wander 4 seats to your left and say hi to me :-)

We cant, and wont formally stop oppo fans from sitting on the Wing. Yes we put signs up, yes aisle attendants have been advised to warn large groups of oppo from sitting there..but...thats the extent of it. Even when I book areas outside the MW (like the Pies game in a few weeks) whilst I request (at the urging of many I might add) that people dont bring their opposition friends, there is no way Id want a family to not be abnle to join us for that reason.

The early days..well...we had our moments. I remember one day against the Bulldogs in 02 or 03....we were geting pumped, there were many Bulldogs fans in our midst..and attempts to start chants were met with much sarcastic derision by their fans. What doesnt kill you however, makes you stronger ;-)

Loris, you and any of your friends are welcome in the MW anytime...that goes totally without saying. I should point out that Loris assured me before she booked the seats that her friend was very unlikely to spend the day mindlessly sledging Saints players and was as good as her word..even when we were playing like rubbish lol. ALso..those seats you booked are "left overs" in among the MW reserved seats that ES kindly let me have first dibs on. If you hadnt bought those two they (as we were playing Geelong) most certainly have been sold to randoms on the day...and goodness knows who may have sat there lol

Ive really enjoyed reading tyhis thread..many differing views thrown up and proving without doubt that everyone has their idea of what constitutes the perfect footy experiencing environment. Me? well I lv oe being surrounded by Saints fans I happily admit..but..Id truly hate it if compulsory segregation was introduced a' la many soccer stadiums. If our angst against a opposition fan gets to those levels...well.I think ill start watching on TV

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
loris wrote:The worst thing is sitting next to a whinging saint supporter who bags saints players all day, even if a player is playing to the best of his ability and trying his hardest. Whinging Sainters are the pits IMHO :evil:
agreed

the bulls*** this guy behind me went on with when we gave up a couple of late goals on saturday night was a sight to behold. I turned around and reminded him that the team of the past 2 years in geelong rested their star player scarlett and a half strength hawthorn team nearly pinched it from them. These things happen in round 1 if you actually followed the game.

sorry but the guy potted jason blake after a very good game.

They are the same ones that refuse to support the boys and actually seem to thrive when they make a mistake....
Yes I remember you having a go at me.
was that you mr?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
makaveli
Club Player

My family all purchase Level 2 reserved tickets.

If one cant go then Ill take my girlfriend (Adelaide supporter) so I can continue to convert her to Saints.

If you dont like it - BFL :P

makaveli
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:This discussion has raised a really interesting question for me.

Does the 'NON-TRANSFERABLE' printed on my Membership Card apply to the actual Membership Card, the Reserved Seat or both?

I know for a fact that in previous years when the President used to host a lunch/dinner, his guests were given seats within the Social Club area on L2 to view the game. These guests varied from match to match and therefore the seats were used by different people each game.

Telstra Dome sells Access1 seats on L2 to individuals and Corporates who can use them for any game at TD (I'm not calling it the new name) so therefore those seats are obviously transferable.

The Medallion Club seats are similar to Access1 seats in that they are fully transferable.

My best guess therefore (and I'm not a lawyer) is that the Membership Card is 'not transferable' and the purchase of the Reserved Seat gives that Member the right to that seat for the game.
BUT if another person uses his/her membership to enter the ground (or buys a daily ticket) then the nominal Reserved Seat Holder can allow the other person the use of the seat.

yes I would suggest both...

The - NON TRANSFERABLE, on the back of members cards would have to include reserved seats...

My family has this printed on the back of our membership..NON-TRANSFERSABLE, to me it's pretty basic....

Pay up ! and not wine about the clubs finances, I would bet some on here complain about the Clubs profits and yet "free load" on some seats that are meant to be reserved.

BY A RESERVED SEAT AND STOP RIPPING OFF THE CLUB!

This is directed to the wingers and wingers that are habitual complainants..

BUY A FLOWERING MEMBERSHIP AND A RESERVED SEAT!

Otherwise you wont be getting any more freebies from me...

(again, it happened the once and never again)

BUY A RESERVED SEAT AND STOP RIPPING OFF THE CLUB !!!!!
You wanker - You come on here to bitch about people giving up their reserved seats that THEY PAID MONEY FOR.

Mind your own business. Until you are running Etihad, dont worry about what other people do with their tickets.

Fool.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hey enough abuse thank you

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

makaveli wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:This discussion has raised a really interesting question for me.

Does the 'NON-TRANSFERABLE' printed on my Membership Card apply to the actual Membership Card, the Reserved Seat or both?

I know for a fact that in previous years when the President used to host a lunch/dinner, his guests were given seats within the Social Club area on L2 to view the game. These guests varied from match to match and therefore the seats were used by different people each game.

Telstra Dome sells Access1 seats on L2 to individuals and Corporates who can use them for any game at TD (I'm not calling it the new name) so therefore those seats are obviously transferable.

The Medallion Club seats are similar to Access1 seats in that they are fully transferable.

My best guess therefore (and I'm not a lawyer) is that the Membership Card is 'not transferable' and the purchase of the Reserved Seat gives that Member the right to that seat for the game.
BUT if another person uses his/her membership to enter the ground (or buys a daily ticket) then the nominal Reserved Seat Holder can allow the other person the use of the seat.

yes I would suggest both...

The - NON TRANSFERABLE, on the back of members cards would have to include reserved seats...

My family has this printed on the back of our membership..NON-TRANSFERSABLE, to me it's pretty basic....

Pay up ! and not wine about the clubs finances, I would bet some on here complain about the Clubs profits and yet "free load" on some seats that are meant to be reserved.

BY A RESERVED SEAT AND STOP RIPPING OFF THE CLUB!

This is directed to the wingers and wingers that are habitual complainants..

BUY A FLOWERING MEMBERSHIP AND A RESERVED SEAT!

Otherwise you wont be getting any more freebies from me...

(again, it happened the once and never again)

BUY A RESERVED SEAT AND STOP RIPPING OFF THE CLUB !!!!!
You wanker - You come on here to bitch about people giving up their reserved seats that THEY PAID MONEY FOR.

Mind your own business. Until you are running Etihad, dont worry about what other people do with their tickets.

Fool.
Agreed.

People need to mind their own business.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

makaveli wrote:My family all purchase Level 2 reserved tickets.

If one cant go then Ill take my girlfriend (Adelaide supporter) so I can continue to convert her to Saints.

Here is a little clue for you....

You want your girlfriend to be a saints supporter....

BUY HER A FARKIN MEMBERSHIP :idea:

And nice try with the abuse, you will get on here fine...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

My family has three reserved seats on the Moorabbin Wing...

On a few occasions my son was ill and my wife stayed at home...

My brother "Saintbart" and his son, was at the ground ( as always) and I never asked him to come to the MW and sit next to me....

Reason.....

Not a right call....

You simply rip off the Club, members should BUY their reserved seat....

On one occasion I permitted a mod and his son, but no more....

Yes, hypicritcal, but for now on NO MORE!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:My family has three reserved seats on the Moorabbin Wing...

My brother "Saintbart" and his son, was at the ground ( as always) and I never asked him to come to the MW and sit next to me....

Reason.....

Not a right call....

Good on you St Fid for being so passionate about this, but I don't think you've got too many on your side.

Do you honestly think the club will bring in Photo ID?

Perhaps only then will people follow the rules you'd like them to.

Otherwise, prob. best to accept the status quo.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:My family has three reserved seats on the Moorabbin Wing...

Reason.....

Not a right call....

Good on you St Fid for being so passionate about this, but I don't think you've got too many on your side.

Do you honestly think the club will bring in Photo ID?

Perhaps only then will people follow the rules you'd like them to.

Otherwise, prob. best to accept the status quo.
Mate, I don't really care if I have no one on my side....
I stand what I believe in......

Buy a reserved seat or F*** off

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
no probs...

How about using that as slogan for for our 2009 campaign?

Perhaps send it to "Ask Archie/Nettlefold" ? 8-)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
no probs...

How about using that as slogan for for our 2009 campaign?

Perhaps send it to "Ask Archie/Nettlefold" ? 8-)
lol

my sig with"join up or F*** off" would turn heads lol...

But I just have a feeling that catch cry would not work :lol: :lol:

makaveli
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
makaveli wrote:My family all purchase Level 2 reserved tickets.

Here is a little clue for you....

You want your girlfriend to be a saints supporter....

BUY HER A FARKIN MEMBERSHIP :idea:

And nice try with the abuse, you will get on here fine...
I would hardly call my comments abuse. Just hate soap box standing moral highground wankers like you.