Hayes out for this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

Time for Jack Steven to step up to the plate - in and under mid. Shame about Armo I reckon he's ready too.

Funny how a bit of bad news brings out all the seriously bitter people .. eh rodger!!!

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would think Rob Eddy is a certain starter this week.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Is his knee OK now? He had a run last week with Sandy didn't he? How did he pull up?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Is his knee OK now? He had a run last week with Sandy didn't he? How did he pull up?
No idea how he pulled up but did very well last week and I think he is rated by the coach.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

He's a terrific athlete from what I've seen and heard. Was well respected at Gippy Power for his endurance and work rate. Needs to sharpen his skills (not alone there) but nothing wrong at all with his effort level ** cough cough ** Armo ** cough cough **

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Eddy is probably our most consistent youngster but IMO he doesn't have the same potential.

When you look at David Armitage and Jack Steven you see two guys who have the potential to really make an impact. When you look at Eddy you see a hard working no fuss player who can do their bit but are never truly locked into the starting 22.

He's got the attitude, fitness, speed, tackling, athleticism and courage, but he doesn't have the footy brain or the skills IMO...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
DWOODROW
Club Player

[quote="St DAC"]He's a terrific athlete from what I've seen and heard. Was well respected at Gippy Power for his endurance and work rate. Needs to sharpen his skills (not alone there) but nothing wrong at all with his effort level ** cough cough ** Armo ** cough cough **[/quote]

????????????- Does Armo being injured make his effort questionable. I'm confused by this one. :?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:????????????- Does Armo being injured make his effort questionable. I'm confused by this one. :?
No, it doesn't. We all want a fully fit Armo this year.

Anyway, how is he? We're all excited about him and we like the sound of him being more focussed on the job this year.

He could be a really important part of our future if he wants it bad enough; we'd certainly be delighted to see him develop into an elite midfielder.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Me too. From what I've heard he seems to be training as hard hard as ever within his limitations. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful just wandering if there was a slight dig at him and or his work ethic. If so i would like to tell him to sort his s*** but I'm pretty happy with what he has to say. 8-)

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Looks like Jack Steven will make his debut

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Me too. From what I've heard he seems to be training as hard hard as ever within his limitations. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful just wandering if there was a slight dig at him and or his work ethic. If so i would like to tell him to sort his s*** but I'm pretty happy with what he has to say. 8-)
The message that has been coming out of St Kilda is that Armitage's work ethic isn't up to AFL standard and it was his fitness that was keeping him out of the starting 22 in 2008.

Hopefully David really puts in because he has a huge amount of talent and he can kick goals!!

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
DWOODROW
Club Player

[quote="Armoooo"][quote="DWOODROW"]Me too. From what I've heard he seems to be training as hard hard as ever within his limitations. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful just wandering if there was a slight dig at him and or his work ethic. If so i would like to tell him to sort his s*** but I'm pretty happy with what he has to say. 8-)[/quote]

The message that has been coming out of St Kilda is that Armitage's work ethic isn't up to AFL standard and it was his fitness that was keeping him out of the starting 22 in 2008.

Hopefully David really puts in because he has a huge amount of talent and he can kick goals!![/quote]

Fair enough. I will delve into this one. Hopefully a different outcome this year. Cheers mate.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

<<brb....supercoach :P :roll:

gottaluvit
Club Player

well i saw him at the Sandy game and he looked in great nick. I'm sure he had his hammy or whatever he is supposed to have but he has definately put in a big pre-season. Was built like a brick with the legs of an athlete. Can't wait until Armo has a sustained crack at seniors footy. Same goes for Jack Steven.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

phew.... 8-)

DWOODROW
Club Player

[quote="matrixcutter"]<<brb....supercoach :P :roll:[/quote]

Heck yes

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Also just a point when you quote someone look underneath the box where you enter the text. There will be four check boxes.

Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted

I am pretty sure that you have the top box ticked, next time you post make sure to untick it and then when you quote
you will get a nice little quote box like this

matrix
Saintsational Legend

gottaluvit wrote:well i saw him at the Sandy game and he looked in great nick. I'm sure he had his hammy or whatever he is supposed to have but he has definately put in a big pre-season. Was built like a brick with the legs of an athlete. Can't wait until Armo has a sustained crack at seniors footy. Same goes for Jack Steven.
hmmm
well i had him as my vice so id rather he played :P

DWOODROW
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:Also just a point when you quote someone look underneath the box where you enter the text. There will be four check boxes.

Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted

I am pretty sure that you have the top box ticked, next time you post make sure to untick it and then when you quote
you will get a nice little quote box like this
I've been wandering about that cheers.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

gottaluvit wrote:well i saw him at the Sandy game and he looked in great nick. I'm sure he had his hammy or whatever he is supposed to have but he has definately put in a big pre-season. Was built like a brick with the legs of an athlete. Can't wait until Armo has a sustained crack at seniors footy. Same goes for Jack Steven.
Who exactly are you talking about?

DWOODROW
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
Who exactly are you talking about?
I thought it was Armo( Dave)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

<<presumed they were talking about Len Dog?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

lol, I'm still confused...

It could be Lenny or Armo....

DWOODROW
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:lol, I'm still confused...

It could be Lenny or Armo....
Probably Lenny

gottaluvit
Club Player

armo