Hayes out for this week

Time for Jack Steven to step up to the plate - in and under mid. Shame about Armo I reckon he's ready too.

Funny how a bit of bad news brings out all the seriously bitter people .. eh rodger!!!

I would think Rob Eddy is a certain starter this week.

Is his knee OK now? He had a run last week with Sandy didn't he? How did he pull up?

St DAC wrote:Is his knee OK now? He had a run last week with Sandy didn't he? How did he pull up?
No idea how he pulled up but did very well last week and I think he is rated by the coach.

He's a terrific athlete from what I've seen and heard. Was well respected at Gippy Power for his endurance and work rate. Needs to sharpen his skills (not alone there) but nothing wrong at all with his effort level ** cough cough ** Armo ** cough cough **

Yeah Eddy is probably our most consistent youngster but IMO he doesn't have the same potential.

When you look at David Armitage and Jack Steven you see two guys who have the potential to really make an impact. When you look at Eddy you see a hard working no fuss player who can do their bit but are never truly locked into the starting 22.

He's got the attitude, fitness, speed, tackling, athleticism and courage, but he doesn't have the footy brain or the skills IMO...

DWOODROW

[quote="St DAC"]He's a terrific athlete from what I've seen and heard. Was well respected at Gippy Power for his endurance and work rate. Needs to sharpen his skills (not alone there) but nothing wrong at all with his effort level ** cough cough ** Armo ** cough cough **[/quote]

????????????- Does Armo being injured make his effort questionable. I'm confused by this one. :?

DWOODROW wrote:????????????- Does Armo being injured make his effort questionable. I'm confused by this one. :?
No, it doesn't. We all want a fully fit Armo this year.

Anyway, how is he? We're all excited about him and we like the sound of him being more focussed on the job this year.

He could be a really important part of our future if he wants it bad enough; we'd certainly be delighted to see him develop into an elite midfielder.

DWOODROW

Me too. From what I've heard he seems to be training as hard hard as ever within his limitations. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful just wandering if there was a slight dig at him and or his work ethic. If so i would like to tell him to sort his s*** but I'm pretty happy with what he has to say. 8-)

Looks like Jack Steven will make his debut

DWOODROW wrote:Me too. From what I've heard he seems to be training as hard hard as ever within his limitations. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful just wandering if there was a slight dig at him and or his work ethic. If so i would like to tell him to sort his s*** but I'm pretty happy with what he has to say. 8-)
The message that has been coming out of St Kilda is that Armitage's work ethic isn't up to AFL standard and it was his fitness that was keeping him out of the starting 22 in 2008.

Hopefully David really puts in because he has a huge amount of talent and he can kick goals!!

DWOODROW

[quote="Armoooo"][quote="DWOODROW"]Me too. From what I've heard he seems to be training as hard hard as ever within his limitations. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful just wandering if there was a slight dig at him and or his work ethic. If so i would like to tell him to sort his s*** but I'm pretty happy with what he has to say. 8-)[/quote]

The message that has been coming out of St Kilda is that Armitage's work ethic isn't up to AFL standard and it was his fitness that was keeping him out of the starting 22 in 2008.

Hopefully David really puts in because he has a huge amount of talent and he can kick goals!![/quote]

Fair enough. I will delve into this one. Hopefully a different outcome this year. Cheers mate.

<<brb....supercoach :P :roll:

gottaluvit

well i saw him at the Sandy game and he looked in great nick. I'm sure he had his hammy or whatever he is supposed to have but he has definately put in a big pre-season. Was built like a brick with the legs of an athlete. Can't wait until Armo has a sustained crack at seniors footy. Same goes for Jack Steven.

phew.... 8-)

DWOODROW

[quote="matrixcutter"]<<brb....supercoach :P :roll:[/quote]

Heck yes

Also just a point when you quote someone look underneath the box where you enter the text. There will be four check boxes.

Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted

I am pretty sure that you have the top box ticked, next time you post make sure to untick it and then when you quote
you will get a nice little quote box like this

gottaluvit wrote:well i saw him at the Sandy game and he looked in great nick. I'm sure he had his hammy or whatever he is supposed to have but he has definately put in a big pre-season. Was built like a brick with the legs of an athlete. Can't wait until Armo has a sustained crack at seniors footy. Same goes for Jack Steven.
hmmm
well i had him as my vice so id rather he played :P

DWOODROW

Armoooo wrote:Also just a point when you quote someone look underneath the box where you enter the text. There will be four check boxes.

Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted

I am pretty sure that you have the top box ticked, next time you post make sure to untick it and then when you quote
you will get a nice little quote box like this
I've been wandering about that cheers.

gottaluvit wrote:well i saw him at the Sandy game and he looked in great nick. I'm sure he had his hammy or whatever he is supposed to have but he has definately put in a big pre-season. Was built like a brick with the legs of an athlete. Can't wait until Armo has a sustained crack at seniors footy. Same goes for Jack Steven.
Who exactly are you talking about?

DWOODROW

Armoooo wrote:
Who exactly are you talking about?
I thought it was Armo( Dave)

<<presumed they were talking about Len Dog?

lol, I'm still confused...

It could be Lenny or Armo....

DWOODROW

Armoooo wrote:lol, I'm still confused...

It could be Lenny or Armo....
Probably Lenny

gottaluvit

armo