Grant Thomas v Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

I thought Thommo did pretty well.
Best line of the night was when they were discussing Walls' article on Malthouse potentially getting the lemonade and sars at season's end.

"Well Robert Walls has been terminated more than any other coach in the history of the game so he'd be the expert."

WHACK!

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
stinger wrote:someone post a report...i can't bear looking at that hag...... :evil:
Tell her to go to bed. :lol:
you will never learn will you... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints94
SS Life Member

B W and R all over wrote:I thought Thommo did pretty well.
Best line of the night was when they were discussing Walls' article on Malthouse potentially getting the lemonade and sars at season's end.

"Well Robert Walls has been terminated more than any other coach in the history of the game so he'd be the expert."

WHACK!
Best fact ever :D :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:They just trying stirring Grant by saying, "Was it a bad idea of the Saints to extend Ross Lyon's contract?"

Obviously wanting a big reaction, however, Grant turned it around and said it was a very good decision - one that needed to be done, as the club has lacked stability over the years.
I doubt they were trying to stir him up. GT tried to poach RL as an assistant coach and spoken about him in favourable terms many times.

And the desperation of some people trying to discredit GT is just astonishing. Still. Absolutely mind-bending.

Not two bad words are spoken about Tim Watson, even fewer about Stan Alves, Ken Sheldon, etc. Should we go back to the 80s and 70s? Honestly.

Time to grow up on that issue - in a big way.

and so say a few of us mate.... :wink: :wink: :lol:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote: The comment about conditioning staff being overrated was quite damning, afterall IMHO, this is the thing that cost him the glory of being a premiership coach
I thought it was clearances!? :wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:They just trying stirring Grant by saying, "Was it a bad idea of the Saints to extend Ross Lyon's contract?"

Obviously wanting a big reaction, however, Grant turned it around and said it was a very good decision - one that needed to be done, as the club has lacked stability over the years.
I doubt they were trying to stir him up. GT tried to poach RL as an assistant coach and spoken about him in favourable terms many times.

And the desperation of some people trying to discredit GT is just astonishing. Still. Absolutely mind-bending.

Not two bad words are spoken about Tim Watson, even fewer about Stan Alves, Ken Sheldon, etc. Should we go back to the 80s and 70s? Honestly.

Time to grow up on that issue - in a big way.

and so say a few of us mate.... :wink: :wink: :lol:
one of our better coaches.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
barks4eva wrote: The comment about conditioning staff being overrated was quite damning, afterall IMHO, this is the thing that cost him the glory of being a premiership coach
Get it right Leo :wink: !!

Hitouts to advantage, hitouts to advantage :roll: :roll: !!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Sorry my mistake, I thought it also had something to do with running out of petrol... :D

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
stinger wrote:someone post a report...i can't bear looking at that hag...... :evil:
Only when you do, old son. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Sorry my mistake, I thought it also had something to do with running out of petrol... :D
It did, along with coaches box locations and advice from Grant Thomas about sex & travel :wink: !!

BallBanger
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Thanks for the heads up barks at 10:35pm that it was on!!!

I didn't realise the show had began again this year - lack of promos? Or haven't I watched Channel 9 much??

Anyway, back to Thommo - for him to say conditioning staff are overrated is to divert the real reason for his failure.....I guess he had to say that to protect himself. We all know the truth!
no worries, thought a few on here might have forgotten,

I thought he acquitted himself quite well on the show and the body language between him and CW was interesting,

I liked how in response to a point from CW, GT replied along the lines,
"this would one of the very few times that I would agree with you"

The comment about conditioning staff being overrated was quite damning, afterall IMHO, this is the thing that cost him the glory of being a premiership coach,

I know I've said it before but the fact is the i's were not dotted and the t's not crossed and this non attention to detail was IMHO the thing that derailed Thomas's tank engine and not his relationship with Butterss!

I also did not agree with his comments about Demetriou, you'd be forgiven for thinking that they have met up recently and patched up any differences because they were surprisingly supportive.

I'm sure once the Fuhrer heard about Grant getting a gig on TV, he was invited for a meet and buttered up accordingly!

Having said all that, I thought he made the show more interesting and handled himself very well!
Thomas is a money grabbing fat prick who now knows that critisizing people of importance/influence damages his status...last night he was a suck who flippantly made a couple of soft contests..

Used to hate the way the media portrayed him but his grab (money) on st kilda reviled me..would push his mother down the stairs for a dollar

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If training services and conditioning staff stop injuries.....why do we have them prior to R1 now we have the 'best'. Max (Calf), Armo (Hammy), Hayes (Hammy), Gram, X, Schnieder, Raph and Co. all with sh*t pre-seasons due to Soft Tissue injuries

Injuries happen, will do this year, get used to it.........most AFL players are fit......and most get injured....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

I didn't realise the show had began again this year - lack of promos? Or haven't I watched Channel 9 much??

Anyway, back to Thommo - for him to say conditioning staff are overrated is to divert the real reason for his failure.....I guess he had to say that to protect himself. We all know the truth!

I thought he acquitted himself quite well on the show and the body language between him and CW was interesting,

The comment about conditioning staff being overrated was quite damning, afterall IMHO, this is the thing that cost him the glory of being a premiership coach,

I know I've said it before but the fact is the i's were not dotted and the t's not crossed and this non attention to detail was IMHO the thing that derailed Thomas's tank engine and not his relationship with Butterss!

I also did not agree with his comments about Demetriou, you'd be forgiven for thinking that they have met up recently and patched up any differences because they were surprisingly supportive.

I'm sure once the Fuhrer heard about Grant getting a gig on TV, he was invited for a meet and buttered up accordingly!

Having said all that, I thought he made the show more interesting and handled himself very well!
Thomas is a money grabbing fat prick who now knows that critisizing people of importance/influence damages his status...last night he was a suck who flippantly made a couple of soft contests..

Used to hate the way the media portrayed him but his grab (money) on st kilda reviled me..would push his mother down the stairs for a dollar
Well that is a very intelligent post.

Shaggy
Club Player

BallBanger wrote: Thomas is a money grabbing fat prick who now knows that critisizing people of importance/influence damages his status...last night he was a suck who flippantly made a couple of soft contests..

You need to grow up.

One day you may be sacked. Than you will want what you are entitled to be paid.

GT has a family of 8. Of course he is going to protect them.

But compared to GT I suspect you will be a lot more bitter against your corporate. GT still loves the Saints even if the Saints don't love him.

I admire him for that and think you are very ignorant.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Shaggy wrote:
BallBanger wrote: Thomas is a money grabbing fat prick who now knows that critisizing people of importance/influence damages his status...last night he was a suck who flippantly made a couple of soft contests..

You need to grow up.

But compared to GT I suspect you will be a lot more bitter against your corporate. GT still loves the Saints even if the Saints don't love him.

Well, sounds like he should have protected another member... 8 kids? He should have used condoms. :shock:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Loyal wrote:^^^
joffaboy wrote:Loyal - WTF are you on about?
i think i love you roger

Alas, his heart belongs to another..... :wink:
:lol: I think you are right...see Everton... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Shaggy
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

You need to grow up.

Well, sounds like he should have protected another member... 8 kids? He should have used condoms. :shock:
The catholics like breeding ... no question about that.

Also explains why GT had so may groin injuries when he was playing for the Saints.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

i'm not your son, or your mate....nor have i ever abused your wife..if in fact you have one......i hope that your latest comment gets you a holiday..... :twisted: ...and this will be the last time i ever reply to a post of yours.....not that this will upset you......but it will please me.... :twisted:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

not nice mate....but move on ffs....most of us have..... :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

As I said earlier I thought Thomas handled himself well.

Got the culture correct but IMO St Kilda is big enough and talented enough now to know that a 30 yr old reforming drug addict IS not THE answer to a flag...merely a piece in the puzzle. I still wouldve recruited him.

Thomas's appearance on the show shed some light on him as a character imo and I found it interesting.

His weird fascination with "training services" made me laugh and yep as others said his obvious disregard for these people give the best indication yet as to why under Thomas our injury woes just spiralled.....such a waste in many respects.....to read Saint Bev's comments of how he "overrode" their decisions on many occasions is truly disgraceful but sadly not a surprise...theres a recurring theme with Grant.....

Even the term "training services"...such a corporate jibberish term that like so many corporate terms tells you absolutely nothing as to what these people do (its how corporations hide so many generalist professionals..........under "means-nothing" titles....).

I mean do "Training Service" people take care of player 'warm up' clothing and witches hats?.........or do something else?.......or perhaps he really meant "Fitness and Conditioning" staff as so many other clubs call it?

Yes , yes I know its just a name....but as an example it says an awful lot of what was behind Thomas...and sadly IMO this meant very little genuine football knowledge at a technical level......but plenty of spin.

He was always happy to talk of mental toughness, application, process etc....these ofcourse are important elements no question - but they are also intangible elements very at home in "corporate speak" and are vague with measurable improvement impossible to guage.

As a coach IMO he makes a very good media performer and appears to have found his niche.

Good luck to him.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I thought he was fine, spoke well and held his own...

I think he is there to offer the occasional comment from a "been there done that" coaching perspective, IMO an interesting new angle for the show.

After hearing him speak about the saints last night, I found myself surprised by the fact that I honestly believe he wishes us success?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

i'm not your son, or your mate....nor have i ever abused your wife..if in fact you have one......i hope that your latest comment gets you a holiday..... :twisted: ...and this will be the last time i ever reply to a post of yours.....not that this will upset you......but it will please me.... :twisted:
You got that right. My wife would probably punch your lights out. :lol:

Is that a promise? Does this mean that you won't comment and call me names? Great... now get some manners and stop slandering people by calling them fat and hags.

You show amazing insensitivity towards others.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I thought he was fine, spoke well and held his own...

I think he is there to offer the occasional comment from a "been there done that" coaching perspective, IMO an interesting new angle for the show.

After hearing him speak about the saints last night, I found myself surprised by the fact that I honestly believe he wishes us success?

should brighten the show up....be a change....archer was piss weak, caro is really too ugly to be on tellie... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: and...hutchie is a creep and just a hack... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I like GT

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Thomas's appearance on the show shed some light on him as a character imo and I found it interesting.
WTF???

You've been assassinating his character like no other for the past 2 years.

But now that you've seen him appear on a TV show, you think some light has been shed??

Even for you, that's just unbelievable.