Docklands - no pass outs again this year?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TC
Club Player

Docklands - no pass outs again this year?

Has anyone else heard that Docklands have re-instated their no pass outs policy?

sainter35
Club Player

You scan your ticket at the turnstiles to go outside the ground and scan in as normal to return. That was the system they used at Melbourne Victory games. You don't physically receive a cardboard pass out like you would at the MCG.

Is that what you mean?

There's no chance of them forcing people to stay inside and we're surely not going to see a repeat of the smoking "cages" from a few seasons ago.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Why they wouldn't just give pass outs, like they did for several yes, beggars belief. The problems with that have been documented many times over.

And god help you if you want to scan out before the game while 50,000 people try to get in...and then queue - again - to re-scan back in?

Should have been left as it was. Pretty simple.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

sainter35
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Why they wouldn't just give pass outs, like they did for several yes, beggars belief. The problems with that have been documented many times over.

And god help you if you want to scan out before the game while 50,000 people try to get in...and then queue - again - to re-scan back in?

There's a number of reasons but I'd say the biggest reason would be that a number of people who are leaving keep their passouts and attempt to use them to get into future games.

Another reason would be that in this day and age staff don't want to stand at a gate and have the second hand smoke from thousands of cigarettes waft into their faces.

There are designated exit turnstiles to leave the ground from and if you're stupid enough to leave the ground at 2:05pm then you deserve to line up.

The MCC Members at the MCG, Melbourne Park, Olympic Park, State Netball and Hockey Centre (etc, etc, etc) all do the same thing and I imagine it will be the same for the rest of the MCG at some point as well.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Why they wouldn't just give pass outs, like they did for several yes, beggars belief. The problems with that have been documented many times over.

There's a number of reasons but I'd say the biggest reason would be that a number of people who are leaving keep their passouts and attempt to use them to get into future games.
How do they get back in to the game?

And not only that, but several are colour-coded, meaning you don't know what colour it will be next time.

Agree with the second hand smoke thing, but I'd enforce that you smoke within a certain distance of the entry-exit. But not cages.

sainter35
Club Player

evertonfc wrote: How do they get back in to the game?

And not only that, but several are colour-coded, meaning you don't know what colour it will be next time.

Agree with the second hand smoke thing, but I'd enforce that you smoke within a certain distance of the entry-exit. But not cages.
You just scan your ticket at the exit turnstile and scan back in any of the turnstiles as normal. It's not difficult. If you've got somebody's tickets you can still pass them out to them without exiting the ground yourself.

They do change the colour but there isn't an unlimited supply of colours. I'm sure plenty of people have collections. Even these days at the G you'll get asked to show your ticket/membership at the time of receiving the pass out. That's to prevent people from leaving the ground (but not before talking to the staff member on the gate), giving their pass out to somebody else and then returning to the same gate and staff member claiming to have lost their pass out but that they have their membership and saying "you remember me".

It annoys me because we all fork out a lot of money for our memberships and there are people ripping us off. It's like public transport. Connex provide us with a terrible service as it is but we also have to put up with regular price increases because 10% of users are regular fare evaders.

By the way, they might even have pass outs on Saturday night. This was just how it was at Victory games. ;)

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:It annoys me because we all fork out a lot of money for our memberships and there are people ripping us off. It's like public transport. Connex provide us with a terrible service as it is but we also have to put up with regular price increases because 10% of users are regular fare evaders.
I'll agree to disagree on the rest - I think their rationale is driven by greed to make money and keep people in stadiums (see Nandos incident) - but I won't let the above go.

We put up with the price hikes because the private operator decides their declining standards of service should be rewarded with CPI (possibly above?) price rises.

sainter35
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
sainter35 wrote:It annoys me because we all fork out a lot of money for our memberships and there are people ripping us off. It's like public transport. Connex provide us with a terrible service as it is but we also have to put up with regular price increases because 10% of users are regular fare evaders.
I'll agree to disagree on the rest - I think their rationale is driven by greed to make money and keep people in stadiums (see Nandos incident) - but I won't let the above go.

We put up with the price hikes because the private operator decides their declining standards of service should be rewarded with CPI (possibly above?) price rises.
Fair enough.

I'll finish off by saying I don't think they are trying to stop people from leaving the ground. It's just as easy to get out as any other stadium. I do agree that it's ridiculous to not allow people to bring in food purchased from the local food outlets though. The MCG have it right. If people want to exit the ground and buy food from the caravans and bring it in, good on them.

TC
Club Player

The reason for my question is that the St.Kilda level 2 seating letter that was just sent out talks about there being no pass outs available this year. This is mentioned when it talks about smokers having to go to a designated area of the ground as they cannot exit, then re-enter the ground.

Have they secretly re-introduced their policy of 2/3 years ago?

Loyal
Club Player

i thought you had more brains evertonfc.
pass outs are able to be passed-out through the fence.
tickets are electronic and work on an in-out basis thereby eliminating the fence element.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

What happens if I go to the footy with 8 friends? Does that mean we only have to buy two tickets?

Me and friend a go in to stadium, i come out with both our tickets and give one to friend b, we both go in and i come back out with both tickets again and give one to friend c etc. etc.

If this is the system I'm loving it, It will drastically reduce the cost of away matches/ non St Kilda matches :shock: :shock:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:i thought you had more brains evertonfc.
Thanks for that.

But your argument:
Has a pretty sizable hole.

How can you get a pass out if you're back inside the stadium, having already handed it back to the attendant?

Loyal
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
Loyal wrote:i thought you had more brains evertonfc.
Thanks for that.

But your argument:
Has a pretty sizable hole.

How can you get a pass out if you're back inside the stadium, having already handed it back to the attendant?
what was meant was with reference to an earlier point in that one can collect them and use them from within if and when one knows what colour are in circulation.

Loyal
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:What happens if I go to the footy with 8 friends? Does that mean we only have to buy two tickets?

Me and friend a go in to stadium, i come out with both our tickets and give one to friend b, we both go in and i come back out with both tickets again and give one to friend c etc. etc.

If this is the system I'm loving it, It will drastically reduce the cost of away matches/ non St Kilda matches :shock: :shock:
they can only be scanned in and then out then in and then out. they can not be scanned consecutively in or out.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:what was meant was with reference to an earlier point in that one can collect them and use them from within if and when one knows what colour are in circulation.
So you're going to get people leaving matches at half-time just to collect pass-outs?

You do realise what you're saying, right?

Loyal
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
Loyal wrote:what was meant was with reference to an earlier point in that one can collect them and use them from within if and when one knows what colour are in circulation.
So you're going to get people leaving matches at half-time just to collect pass-outs?

one may leave alot of games at 3/4 time.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

one may leave alot of games at 3/4 time.
I rest my case.

Loyal
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:I rest my case.
... now for the prosecution

matrix
Saintsational Legend

just go without a smoke for the duration of the game........its not hard lol