My meeting with Archie Fraser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Is nobody else going to call this?

OK...... I will.

Did not happen.

Complete fabrication by B4.

Bet 1 player sponsor share that B4 cannot back this meeting up with one confirmable bit of evidence.
C'mon Grumpy, show me the money!

Up it or shut it!
The dosh is only coming from one direction ATM..... That share is worth twice your net assets B4, what will you put on the table?
Name your price and I'll match it!
Mine's on the table.
So if I provide verifiable evidence you are betting one player sponsor share?

What is the net benefit to me?

Why would I be interested in one player sponsor share?

I'd prefer a tube of KY jelly and happy hour at the Peel on Tranny night, which I might add will not suffice, c'mon make it meaningful Grumpy, if ya have da ball's that is!

You made the call, back it up with something more substantial!!!!!!!!!!

Am I bluffing, do you hold the aces, c'mon Grumps, you can do better than that surely!
Put something meaningful on the table B4 and we'll talk about raising the bet.

I've called it, if you are confident you will have no hesitation in putting something on the table that will make it worthwhile for me.

If you don't put anything up, I have proved my point.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:If I was to find out that one skerrick of confidential information was passed onto someone outside of the club, by our departing CEO - I'd be staggered, shocked and appalled.

I'd guess that the club's lawyers would be staggered, shocked and appalled too.

To those who still believe footy clubs are 'big business' run by serious people - this thread is Exhibit A in the prosecution.

What a farce.
but wouldn't it be costings of going/staying etc...populations that could increase memberships etc???

and i would suggest that if people were not allowed to meet with leaders of a football club you would be the first to say that they don't care about supporters...we are nothing to them blah blah blah

so either way you would whinge and hope people would get on your gravy train of crap

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Is nobody else going to call this?

OK...... I will.

Did not happen.

Complete fabrication by B4.

Bet 1 player sponsor share that B4 cannot back this meeting up with one confirmable bit of evidence.
GrumpyOne wrote:
Put something meaningful on the table B4 and we'll talk about raising the bet.

I've called it, if you are confident you will have no hesitation in putting something on the table that will make it worthwhile for me.

If you don't put anything up, I have proved my point.
Excuse me, but you were the one that made the call that "it did not happen, a complete fabrication" etc...etc..."

I asked YOU to raise the stakes if you had the balls!

Ok, Grumpy $10,000 cash, still want to bet?

What ya reckon?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:If I was to find out that one skerrick of confidential information was passed onto someone outside of the club, by our departing CEO - I'd be staggered, shocked and appalled.

To those who still believe footy clubs are 'big business' run by serious people - this thread is Exhibit A in the prosecution.

What a farce.
but wouldn't it be costings of going/staying etc...populations that could increase memberships etc???

and i would suggest that if people were not allowed to meet with leaders of a football club you would be the first to say that they don't care about supporters...we are nothing to them blah blah blah

so either way you would whinge and hope people would get on your gravy train of crap
Touche...

Yup, the same guy that accuses the club of lying to us because they didn't reveal the real reasons why we didn't get Cousins. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:

Yup, the same guy that accuses the club of lying to us because they didn't reveal the real reasons why we didn't get Cousins. :lol:
Excuse me, but I never accused the club of lying to us over Cousins, you must have me confused with someone else,

I knew all along that they could not reveal their reasons ON THIS SUBJECT and nor did I expect them to!

I did read others writing something along the lines to what you're referring, but not I!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote: Yup, the same guy that accuses the club of lying to us because they didn't reveal the real reasons why we didn't get Cousins. :lol:
Careful Wayne, that's not really true.

The club did lie. However I never asked for the real reasons.

All I said was that rather than lie and treat us like fools, they should have said nothing.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Touche...

Oops, I realize that this one wasn't referring to me, for a change!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:i thought I had asked a quesion ... just a yes or no required ... I feel ignored
Apologies, I'm waiting for Grumpy One to up the bet.

In answer to your question yes and no! :wink:

Loyal
Club Player

AF will be king of the world if AUS wins the WC.
why would anyone on here care about what you think B4E?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:

What a farce.

Touche...

rodge literally has no idea...

why would lawyers give two hoots about a ceo meeting with an obviously disgruntly member of an organisation...who he gives money to...

and yes...football clubs are run by serious people...serious people assisted this club survived and are making decisions to assist its survival, but also its expansation both short and long term

but these people wouldnt have a clue would they rodger???just idiots plucked off the streets with fradulent careers pre-st kilda...

oh course

it is infact you who are the joke...and your lawyer comment above shows how much of a fantasy land you think goes on

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:

What a farce.

Touche...

why would lawyers give two hoots about a ceo meeting with an obviously disgruntly member of an organisation...who he gives money to...

and yes...football clubs are run by serious people...serious people assisted this club survived and are making decisions to assist its survival, but also its expansation both short and long term

but these people wouldnt have a clue would they rodger???just idiots plucked off the streets with fradulent careers pre-st kilda...

oh course

it is infact you who are the joke...and your lawyer comment above shows how much of a fantasy land you think goes on
"and your lawyer comment above shows how much of a fantasy land you think goes on"

What does that mean?

Saints43
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:why would lawyers give two hoots about a ceo meeting with an obviously disgruntly member of an organisation...
I would have thought all negotiations between Councils & StKFC would be 'Commercial in Confidence'.

If so, that would mean not showing documents to people not directly involved in the negotiations.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote: Yup, the same guy that accuses the club of lying to us because they didn't reveal the real reasons why we didn't get Cousins. :lol:
Careful Wayne, that's not really true.

The club did lie. However I never asked for the real reasons.

All I said was that rather than lie and treat us like fools, they should have said nothing.
Proof that they lied?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

What a farce.

Touche...

oh course

"and your lawyer comment above shows how much of a fantasy land you think goes on"

What does that mean?
nice deflection...how much of a fantasy land you live in...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

in my experience b4e is not a liar......i have called him many other things when this forum was more free for all....he has done likewise to me......but liar is not one of them...if he says he had a meeting with that scottish git...he had a meeting with that scottish git......so be it...but who gives a f*** about the contents ffs.......not me.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sainterman
Club Player

Is the point of this thread just the B4E met Archie for one and a half hours...? Is there any information other than this wonderfully boring snippet?

3 pages and I have yet to read anything meaningful...either B4E actually says something meaningful, or perhaps we should just delete the thread altogether...

Geez this place is losing its magic!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

What does that mean?
nice deflection...how much of a fantasy land you live in...

Deflection? I had no idea what you were talking about - makes it pretty hard to deflect.

If Archie Fraser, on his way out the door, is passing on confidential information to a membe of the public about the club - then that is not only unbelievably unprofessional, I'd be certain that it would also be in breach of the confidentiality agreement almost every single person who works in any form of office has to sign when they are employed.

If the information that Fraser has supposedly shared with this member of the public is not confidential, and is public information, then what's the fuss?
Why a one on one meeting at a coffee shop as opposed to sharing public information during question time at an AGM?

Sounds completely and utterly odd to me.

And as I said, if he's broken his confidentiality agreement, the club's lawyers would be very, very interested in it.

But, we all know nothing will happen.

Nothing at all.

I knew a Board member at the Saints, and I can tell you categorially that it is farcical.

Rich men, smart men, good businessman, running a little footy club. It's pretty much treated like a joke.

No different to a parent being on a committee at their kids' creche. That's he he worded it anyway.

People this far more happens in the Board room at a footy club than really does.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Tue 24 Mar 2009 5:06pm, edited 3 times in total.

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: Ok, Grumpy $10,000 cash, still want to bet?

What ya reckon?
And what would I win?

The pure satisfaction that I was right all along?

As egotistical as I am, I would get a better rate of return for my money in a passbook account FFS.

Now why don't you put your $$$$ up and make it interesting?

You'd be fairly sure of winning so what's the risk?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:Is the point of this thread just the B4E met Archie for one and a half hours...? Is there any information other than this wonderfully boring snippet?

3 pages and I have yet to read anything meaningful...either B4E actually says something meaningful, or perhaps we should just delete the thread altogether...

I'm still here! :)

Sainterman
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
Sainterman wrote:Is the point of this thread just the B4E met Archie for one and a half hours...? Is there any information other than this wonderfully boring snippet?

I'm still here! :)
Yep, at least we have you Mr Magic...!

These threads should be moved to a newly created board "I am self absorbed and like to argue with fellow supporters", would clear 70% of threads from here!

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I think this is a barv4eva imposter, as he hasn't mentioned the barks4eva code word:

ELSTERNWICK PARK

So Archie if you're reading any of this, put us out of our misery and tell the basic content of your meeting with him, if it at all happened.

asiu

ta for the pm bloke 8-)

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Time to derail this thread with this throughly interesting picture of a pregnant naked mole rat

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:ta for the pm bloke 8-)

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...he's just telling his mates i presume......you back in the good books???????? :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Time to derail this thread with this throughly interesting picture of a pregnant naked mole rat

That can't be right, I am sure that I read that b4e has long hair :wink:

Seriously though, if b4e has stated that he had a meeting with Archie, I have no reason to disbelieve him.

I, at times, get absolutely fed up with him, and no doubt he feels the same way towards me, at times.

I have known and met b4e on a number of occasions and there is one thing that always rings true....

I have never known him to lie

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!