Lets just look forward to the season!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Lets just look forward to the season!

A bit simplistic? I suppose it could be seen that way :D I've looked forward to the 2009 season since the 2008 PF! At this stage I really can't be bothered worrying about how we're going to play, when the season is two weeks away from starting. I simply want to experience the buzz of catching the train and then walking over the bridge to the old "Dome-a-roonie" drop a dollar or two into the hat of my mates the buskers, get my Record and join the queue at the turnstiles, hear the sounds of the crowd drifting out to me and walk along the concourse to our seats. Meet up with my pals again and be ready to barrack me sox off for the Saints!
I know that this is a forum where all opinions are expressed, but it seems to this old Jigster that some of our posters deny themselves the sheer joy of simply "Going to the footy" and just letting things unfold as they will.
To those of you who agree, to those of you who "agree to disagree" in fact, to all of you, I send my best regards and wishes for a great season!
GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
manoffewwords
Club Player

well said.

Say something once why say it again?
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Remember to look up and smile Dave!

PJ
SS Life Member

Sounds like what you are saying is "don't get ahead of your self, just be in the moment".

Great way to live life

I can rarely be at the dome so just count your blessings you live in the state where the saints are - all the best!!

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
busso mick
Club Player

Well said Dave, at the moment we are on equal points with the other 15 teams. Some people like yourself see that as equal top, others would make a case for equal bottom.

Either way it's nearly footy season and for all of you lucky Victorians who get to see the Saints a multitude of times this year and for the rest of us interstate fans lets all get behind the team and enjoy the season. With a bit of luck on the injury front we could go a long way this year. The mystery of what will unfold this year will be revealed soon enough, some year the cards will fall our way and we will win the big one. As the dandruff ad used to say, it won't happen overnight but it will happen. Till then enjoy the ride everyone, especially you Dave!

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Well said. I'm just looking forward to going to the Dome again and watching the RB&W run around. I don't particularly care who the coach/president/CEO is. I've just got to decide whether I pull on the no7 jumper or the no15.
I've even looking forward to hearing Classical Gas again.