Family Day Report !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:i went for a very short time.
was pretty boring.
i help out the club in other ways, so i didnt today. and theres no chance of be being there to help set up at 9am, i would have to be up by 6.30 and there is no chance of that!!!
you just have NO staying power dools......

see what happens when you get up early- you get to share the carpark with the players :) c
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 15 Mar 2009 8:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:haha, pretty silly banding everyone on this site who doesn't volunteer at the family day, pathetic and not real supporters?

95% of the site would be members
50%? would be social club members

Pretty sure that shows we are real supporters, whether we are negative or not.
Sam, just where did anyone mention that if they didn't volunteer at family day they are pathetic and not real supporters?

Please choose you wording correctly

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Not Paul Cahill- but he was pretty good

I dol beat box

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:Well done St.Fid and I..L..N..R. Just shows how pathetic a vast number of our so called supporters are , doesn't it. The majority proberbly just sit on their fat arses at the keyboard thinking of their next negative blast for the St.KFC. and they call themseves supporters!!!
This is probably one of the worst posts I have seen for some time.

Get off yourself.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Not Paul Cahill- but he was pretty good

I dol beat box

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OMG what a flatulance problem that chubby lad had on that video clip :wink: :wink: :wink:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Hehe I thought it was gonna be a dance move.

Crazy kids, it's sort of a variation on what that dude out of Police Academy used to do..?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:Well done St.Fid and I..L..N..R. Just shows how pathetic a vast number of our so called supporters are , doesn't it. The majority proberbly just sit on their fat arses at the keyboard thinking of their next negative blast for the St.KFC. and they call themseves supporters!!!
Here.
Yep, now I see it...

and I tend to agree with it.

I made a post about volunteering at the Family Day and I only received just one PM on the issue.

But just how many on here complain and bitch and are not willing to roll up their sleeves and help out.

My apologies Sam, I did not read that post, but yeah it was a pathetic response to my request.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
sainterjo
Club Player

saintbrat wrote: BUt did take the 14yr old niece to " observe ' her favourite player :) for her birthday
It's not stalking if you've got your Auntie with you. :D

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
Sam23
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Sam23 wrote:haha, pretty silly banding everyone on this site who doesn't volunteer at the family day, pathetic and not real supporters?

Sam, just where did anyone mention that if they didn't volunteer at family day they are pathetic and not real supporters?

Please see go Sainters go post.

Goddard.
bethb7
Club Player

Great Day! Really well set up and handled. I thought at times the security and club officials were a bit rude, but they are only doing their job.
Nick Riewoldt is a great guy he signed all the jumpers and things people were throwing in his face after the jumper presentation and did it all with a smile, humble champ. I thought it was really well done:)

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Please see go Sainters go post.
I did and responded, see further up...

Sam23
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Here.
Yep, now I see it...

I made a post about volunteering at the Family Day and I only received just one PM on the issue.

But just how many on here complain and bitch and are not willing to roll up their sleeves and help out.

My apologies Sam, I did not read that post, but yeah it was a pathetic response to my request.
I just don't agree with this at all.

Nearly every member on this site would be a member, and then over half i'd say would be social club members.

We pay money to watch the team play.

If we don't want to drive 2 hours to something that very little happens and we just aren't interested in i don't think that says anything about what kind of supporters we are.

I for one don't think you and the other volunteer from this site are better supporters than me, or are more worthy.

I attend the buy a membership every week and buy merchandise every year to support the club.

Goddard.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

oh bugger... I had work.... must not be good enough for some on here

well done to those who helped out the club, hope people enjoyed the day

anyone chat to any of the players?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Here.
Yep, now I see it...

I just don't agree with this at all.

Nearly every member on this site would be a member, and then over half i'd say would be social club members.

We pay money to watch the team play.

If we don't want to drive 2 hours to something that very little happens and we just aren't interested in i don't think that says anything about what kind of supporters we are.

I for one don't think you and the other volunteer from this site are better supporters than me, or are more worthy.

I attend the buy a membership every week and buy merchandise every year to support the club.

Well mate, I never stated that I am a better supporter than you.

All I stated that the response to my request was poor, considering that a few on here want to take over the club and want some top job and have not even considered volunteering to help the Club out.

All is fine with me :)

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Well we had a great day - met up with some friends and Sainter_Boy got the final three signatures to his 'Jack Steven' jumper and started (and almost completed) his 'Rapher' jumper - He needs Sam Gilbert and Max (neither of which were in the tent when he got there)!

A well organised day - thanks to all - and to the Saintsational Reps that were there to make the day a little smoother!

It is days like this - watching all the younger Sainters running about - that remind us that the youth are the future 'SUPPORTERS' of our great team and sport - There was certainly lots of younger people there.

On the membership being signed up - maybe today was not great - but I sure as heck saw a lot of Members scarves and hats around (thanks Fid, was going to chat at the tent - but did not know which was you and Sainter_Boy dragged me away)

Loved the enthusiasm of the rookies running the clinics - Zac was having a great time with the kids (or appeared to). I think that the rookies are perfectly suited to this as they get to interact with the kids who will be supporting them in the future - and as the 9 year olds grow and remember being tackled by the rookies or baulking them or kicking a goal over them on the mark they will feel more connected!

Thought the lines were better this year than last (and a million times better than Moorabbins system). Sainter_Boy got 46 autographs today!

As for this discussion about whether you are a real supporter if you did not get down there today - well I cant see what can be gained from the arguing and bickering - we all do what we can and want to do - it does not make you any less or more comparing yourself to others - It is this that has cast a pall over the Family day - not the organisation or the planning or the attendance - just coming home to the crap that goes on on this site. Enjoy it all for what it is worth! I know we do!

Sainter_Boy and Sainter_Dad had a great time!

[I was going to wear a badge saying 'Lose you mind now! Ask me how! 1800-Saintsational!]
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 15 Mar 2009 8:21pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Tis all good mate not trying to start an argument.

I know we tend to agree on most parts when talking to you at the games.

Agree to disagree here.

Goddard.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Had to laugh today too - Saw Schneider come unstuck - but it was great to see him recognise Sainter_Boy. As we got to the front of the line Adam whispered something to Jack - I am pretty sure it went along the lines of "I bet this kid is wearing my jumper!" - Sainter_Boy has completely filled a number 13 jumper with last years autographs!

As S_B got his Rapher jumper signed Adam turned him round to show the number - and looked in horror on a big 34! - #13 is headed for the framers!
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 15 Mar 2009 8:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

nice touches for the day;

well cute anyway and in line with encouraging the younger ones

#27 jumper presentation- young child had found out enough about Jason to know it was his birthday and had made him a birthday card
# one young child was too shy so his brother did it
#7 had twin 4yr olds give him his jumper

finally - and I mean finally some one clued on and GAVE the kids the jumpers with the Numbers facing out- so the players didn't have to be told repeateadly to turn them around-

most players remembered to get down to the kids level for photos- shake a hand and/ or ruffle a head- even Blake McGrath .

was good to see and hear from the Zebra's captain ( and yes I've forgotten his name) and also put a face to Andy Lovell- Coach
for those who were at training Monday he was the one working with the young guys in front of the seated area.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
AlpineStars
Club Player

Had a great day, well done to everyone down there. My youngest was beside himself at meeting Lenny.

Wake me up when September ends.
*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:Had to laugh today too - Saw Schneider come unstuck - but it was great to see him recognise Sainter_Boy. As we got to the front of the line Adam whispered something to Jack - I am pretty sure it went along the lines of "I bet this kid is wearing my jumper!" - Sainter_Boy has completely filled a number 13 jumper with last years autographs!

As S_B got his Rapher jumper signed Adam turned him round to show the number - and looked in horror on a big 34! - #13 is headed for the framers!
hahhaha :lol: poor schneids

my little brother actually got to go up and give shneider is jumper in the jumper presentation. he was pretty pumped with that ! i rekon its a great idea having the kids go up there and present the jumpers - gives a few a chance to have a special moment with their heros to remember. and he got to have photos with schneiders jumper on and everything...he loved it.

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

My third report from the hats and scarfs marquee...

You have got to love this....

at least three women wondered to the marquee and presented their scarf vouchers for her and the bubs in a pram..

the father of the child was a collingwood supporter and had no say in the issue,

and on one other occasion the same was with a father of an essendon supporter lol

On all occasions the mum said to the partner

"you don't have any right on what my child follows, I am paying and you're not", and the bloke(s) just walked away lol

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:nice touches for the day;

well cute anyway and in line with encouraging the younger ones

#27 jumper presentation- young child had found out enough about Jason to know it was his birthday and had made him a birthday card
# one young child was too shy so his brother did it
#7 had twin 4yr olds give him his jumper

finally - and I mean finally some one clued on and GAVE the kids the jumpers with the Numbers facing out- so the players didn't have to be told repeateadly to turn them around-

most players remembered to get down to the kids level for photos- shake a hand and/ or ruffle a head- even Blake McGrath .
It was nice...my son presented Eljay Conners with his jumper. He was stoked to be picked to present a jumper (after his initial disappointment that it wasn't Nick Riewoldt :) )

The kids were told to have the numbers facing out and to exit the stage from where they came on...pity LLS jr only listened to one half of that. He had the jumper the right way but proceeded to head off stage in the direction of the players and Dee Dee had to stop him and turn him around.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hmmmm

Big article and Interviews from Collingwoods family day in todays Age..and a multimedia slide show on the website

Us?? Nothing..bar a brief article about Max's injury

Hmm...which club do the Age sponsor again??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
st_nick
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:Roughly, how many turned up. With the wet weather, and other activities around, proberbly a poor showing.
Chanel 10 gave a 10 second showing with a quick interview with Rooey - didn't tell us much at all.
Well done Fid for helping out - pretty poor show having only one from SS putting in.
No, there was two of us, i_luv_nick_riewoldt was there as well.

She was at one of the entrances and stood in the rain, before the opening.

But after that the weather held out and there was even a little sunshine for a while.

Yes, pretty poor showing only having two from saintsational offering a hand and volunteering, more so that I mentioned this some weeks back and asked for volunteers.

But it seems a good deal on here just love to bitch and complain, and expect things on their front door step.
I contacted the club a number of weeks ago regarding helping out at the family day and throughout the season and was told they were still finalising numbers and would get back to me. Haven't heard a word back since.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: and expect things on their front door step.
Good thing for you the Family day is on your front door step :lol:

Good on ya for helping out though, well done :wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.