Family Day Report !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Family Day Report !!

PLEASE !!

I had to work and could not attend. Could someone please give us a bit of a report on how the day went !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Family Day Report !!

Eastern wrote:PLEASE !!

I had to work and could not attend. Could someone please give us a bit of a report on how the day went !!
I had to work at the Family Day and started at 9am only ventured out of my marquee for 10 minutes, so I really didn't see that much.

The only thing I have to report on is that the caps and scarfs marquee was very constant all day and little or no queue.

The other issue I have is that in future is for members to write their name and membership number PRIOR to handing in their voucher, as many seemed not to do so and resulted the members writing their details there and then.

I will be at the marquee in Round 1, and I want to see the game, so please fill in your details prior to handing over the voucher.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Dal'sGal26
Club Player

I got there at about 11.30 and the player signings had already started. It was all just lining up as the players were in tents again this year. The only that was too long to line up in was the one where Roo was, the other's didn't take long at all which was really good. The players had a break from 12.45 - 1.20 and after that was the jumper presentation and interviews. Also one of the new kids did some beat boxing and CJ got the saints song going! The band was playing up until 1.15 and they were pretty good! Most players were pretty energised so it was a good day :)

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
milney044
Club Player

The worst thing about the day was the weather - cold and windy!! But what can you do...

A pretty good day, probably the last one i'll attend. There's not a lot to do for the older crew - targetted more towards families with kids. The players are always in good spirits which is good. A few more recognised players doing the clinics for the kids would have been nice but i think the players were happy enough in the tents, especially with the weather.

Cahill's beat boxing was definitely the highlight, if he's as good at footy as he is beat boxing he'll be a star :wink:

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Roughly, how many turned up. With the wet weather, and other activities around, proberbly a poor showing.
Chanel 10 gave a 10 second showing with a quick interview with Rooey - didn't tell us much at all.
Well done Fid for helping out - pretty poor show having only one from SS putting in.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
loris
Saintsational Legend

What is beat boxing :? :? ?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:The worst thing about the day was the weather - cold and windy!! But what can you do...
HEY it DID not rain DURING the event
we hit eastlink and it poured

heard they were putting up marquees in the rain

saw the Museu tent being very busy ran into a gentleman who had his Mother's autograph book started ion 1957- and then continued with his autographs as well.. what a treasure

all Staff,( or most) many board- including Greg wandering around chatting.

was probably good for the rookies to be doing the clinics without the ' older guys' as they actually got to work with kids
often when the 'known' guys are there they get held up giving autographs and photos rather than the clinics.
they all seemed to handle it very well

GOOD vison on CH 7- including Paul Cahill's beat box....

Beat Boxing is that sound effecet they do with their voices to make it sound like snare drums.-- he even added 'St kilda'

Roo was asked if anyone else had talents unfound- only Dal's dancing -or Bally's singing.
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 15 Mar 2009 6:36pm, edited 4 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

beat me to it loris........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:Roughly, how many turned up. With the wet weather, and other activities around, proberbly a poor showing.
Chanel 10 gave a 10 second showing with a quick interview with Rooey - didn't tell us much at all.
Well done Fid for helping out - pretty poor show having only one from SS putting in.
No, there was two of us, i_luv_nick_riewoldt was there as well.

She was at one of the entrances and stood in the rain, before the opening.

But after that the weather held out and there was even a little sunshine for a while.

Yes, pretty poor showing only having two from saintsational offering a hand and volunteering, more so that I mentioned this some weeks back and asked for volunteers.

But it seems a good deal on here just love to bitch and complain, and expect things on their front door step.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
loris
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:beat me to it loris........
now that's boxed you hasn't it :wink:

bet it's some american craze................... bloody yankee hegemony :evil:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I've redone my post- but here it is

[img]GOOD vison on CH 7- including Paul Cahill's beat box....

Beat Boxing is that sound effecet they do with their voices to make it sound like snare drums.-- he even added 'St kilda' [/img]

only if your really lucky will you get it over there I guess Loris.

if I was clever I'd know how to get it from HDD to PC ..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:Roughly, how many turned up. With the wet weather, and other activities around, proberbly a poor showing.

But after that the weather held out and there was even a little sunshine for a while.

Yes, pretty poor showing only having two from saintsational offering a hand and volunteering, more so that I mentioned this some weeks back and asked for volunteers.

But it seems a good deal on here just love to bitch and complain, and expect things on their front door step.
Yep.

I maybe would have considered voluteering if it was in my backyard.

Only then would it save me from having to fill the car with petrol, drive 2 hours through the city, donate 3 hours of my time helping a club I already provide a membership and social club donation to when I am already an AFL member and then drive another 2 hours in the other direction.

But then again, I'm not as selfless as others....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
stinger wrote:beat me to it loris........
now that's boxed you hasn't it :wink:

bet it's some american craze................... bloody yankee hegemony :evil:

:wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Yep.

Only then would it save me from having to fill the car with petrol, drive 2 hours through the city, donate 3 hours of my time helping a club I already provide a membership and social club donation to when I am already an AFL member and then drive another 2 hours in the other direction.

So you obviously didnt go to Moorabbin either then as that is one and half hours from you or do you have a one and half limit on travel. By the way I dont blame you for noy going as it is a very boring day.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Yep.

So you obviously didnt go to Moorabbin either then as that is one and half hours from you or do you have a one and half limit on travel. By the way I dont blame you for noy going as it is a very boring day.

No I went to Morrabbin to watch a match of football.

I was addressing the case that I didn't voluteer.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Yep.

Sorry missed that. Dont blame you for not going then.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

did Hirdy's team win?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

okay, I have another report on the Family Day.

The band was situated in an area of the ground that two streets across from it was the back of a catholic church.

One priest made a complaint about the noise, but it was apparently all fine and I feel his only issue with the noise was the fact that they were conducting a service there.

It would be basic planning to have considered the logistics and not have the band situated so close behind a church on a Sunday.

The other thing I would like to report is that there were NO signs for people to join up and be a member.

Their was a map where membership stalls were situated but NO signs.

I did see a sign for BEER and FOOD, but surely there should have been huge signs made up for MEMBERSHIP ENROLMENT.

These things are just so basic, but for some reason it didn't happen.

I didn't wear my glasses, but I am pretty sure there were no signs up as many came to my marquee and asked where to sign up and join and I showed them the map and where the location was.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
only if your really lucky will you get it over there I guess Loris.
Now I'm off to see David Hobson & Teddy Tahu Rhodes in concert next friday evening, do you think those two maagnificient voices will give an exhibition of 'beat boxing' for me eh Bratty :wink: :lol:

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Well done St.Fid and I..L..N..R. Just shows how pathetic a vast number of our so called supporters are , doesn't it. The majority proberbly just sit on their fat arses at the keyboard thinking of their next negative blast for the St.KFC. and they call themseves supporters!!!

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:Well done St.Fid and I..L..N..R. Just shows how pathetic a vast number of our so called supporters are , doesn't it. The majority proberbly just sit on their fat arses at the keyboard thinking of their next negative blast for the St.KFC. and they call themseves supporters!!!
I hope you dont live in Melbourne or had something important on today.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:Well done St.Fid and I..L..N..R. Just shows how pathetic a vast number of our so called supporters are , doesn't it. The majority proberbly just sit on their fat arses at the keyboard thinking of their next negative blast for the St.KFC. and they call themseves supporters!!!
Nah, went to the air show at Avalon myself.

Spend enough money with the club as it is, travel wasn't and never is a concern for me, but I take my son to the air show every second year and this just happened to coincide.

Just because we're not there doesn't mean we aren't supporters.

Sam23
SS Life Member

haha, pretty silly banding everyone on this site who doesn't volunteer at the family day, pathetic and not real supporters?

95% of the site would be members
50%? would be social club members

Pretty sure that shows we are real supporters, whether we are negative or not.

Goddard.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i went for a very short time.
was pretty boring.
i help out the club in other ways, so i didnt today. and theres no chance of be being there to help set up at 9am, i would have to be up by 6.30 and there is no chance of that!!!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Nah, went to the air show at Avalon myself.

Spend enough money with the club as it is, travel wasn't and never is a concern for me, but I take my son to the air show every second year and this just happened to coincide.

Just because we're not there doesn't mean we aren't supporters.
that will often be the case iceman234

I guess it's the griping from people who A) didn't plan to go
B) weren't able to go

yet still feel obligated to Gripe about where and or when it's being held that annoys. :shock:

ps: I will get to visit my 4 yr oild niece for her birthday at another time- BUt did take the 14yr old niece to " observe ' her favourite player :) for her birthday

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY