What an interesting place.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Skinny

I love this site and enjoy reading the insights and opinions of Fellow Sainters, particularly the Sainters that are close to the action.

But the site become a game of oneupsmanship (probably not a word] ..rather than reasoned argument and debate.

So many "Sainters" professing to support our club, but so much hostility and antagonism toward one and other.

Whatever happened to "respect for another opinion" or "a balanced view of a conflicting opinion".....and we have the audacity make jokes about Collingwood supporters.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Get stuffed mate!

Clearly you don't belong around here. :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ignore him skinny

some of us- we hope are still HAPPY to be saints supporters- good or bad

others appear to only want to find the negative- even when presented with a positive FACT-- go figure

unfortunately I found out today that physical manhandling of contankerous beings is now regarded as illegal and not possible
offically- neck ringing is out :roll:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
unfortunately I found out today that physical manhandling of contankerous beings is now regarded as illegal and not possible
offically- neck ringing is out :roll:
i think stinger will happily be your brief :wink:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

it's called the off season.... ok well just come back after a terrible loss....

when all there is to talk about is a scrappy practice game or an average training session there is only so much you can chat about.

Doesn't help that certain people are very black and white about issues... leading to abuse ...

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

We all hate each other especially Barks4Eva

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Barks4eva is Okay, (however, he lost me a little bit when he was linking the new clash strip with racism...What the?)
I wouldn't discredit him as there are alot of opinions he has expressed that are valid & l totally agree with.
His last post (St.kilda/Frankston) is one example that l think he was totally spot on
It's all good fun, However it does get annoying when posts get heated & it turns into posts with layers & layers of boxes containing quotes of others.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:We all hate each other especially Barks4Eva
we all love the saints...apart from rodger fox

#1 Ryder fan
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: What an interesting place.

Skinny wrote:What an interesting place.

I love this site and enjoy reading the insights and opinions of Fellow Sainters, particularly the Sainters that are close to the action.

But the site become a game of oneupsmanship (probably not a word] ..rather than reasoned argument and debate.

So many "Sainters" professing to support our club, but so much hostility and antagonism toward one and other.

Whatever happened to "respect for another opinion" or "a balanced view of a conflicting opinion".....and we have the audacity make jokes about Collingwood supporters.
Good post.

Ive had my own battles on that level but at least Ive always been right. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Magic keeps telling me that I am always right......he's giving me a big head....

seriously though.....it is a footy forum....

debates are whats interesting, if we all had a mutual wank.......this place would be a boring wankfest....

occasionally they get a bit personal when someone gets the sh*ts.....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Magic keeps telling me that I am always right......he's giving me a big head....

debates are whats interesting, if we all had a mutual wank.......this place would be a boring wankfest....

Or someone gives you the s***s!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Magic keeps telling me that I am always right......he's giving me a big head....

lol

you can't even see that your ego is the reason and not Mr Magic...

Oh, just love the "they get a bit personal" instead of We...

Why have you excluded yourself from this?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ding ding
round 1 8-)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

St.Fid ... can I just point out that you just played the man then in your response to BigMart? Do you really need to be obsessed about whether he typed in they or we? So what? Who cares who has an ego or whether it motivates an individual to give an opinion. You may not value or want that person's opinion, but others might. Disagree to yourself and move on. Or put up a reasonable contradictory argument and have a fair and honest debate on a topic. in my opinion there is no need to pick a fight based on your personal assessment of an individual's personality. I realise that I am being a hypocrite because I am singling you out and attacking your response, but i am doing so because this is the type of thing that the OP refers to and to be quite honest why I rarely contribute anymore ... although I read daily.

St.Fid this is really not personal, but your response was the perfect example of what the OP is talking about. We would all be better off if everyone (NOT just you) stopped clashing based on petty personal disagreements which have made this once wonderful forum a breeding ground for hostility and pettiness instead of footy analysis and debate.

How about we just debate footy and keep personal attacks off the screen? I suggest if anyone wants to have petty pot shots ... use PM's!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:Barks4eva is Okay, (however, he lost me a little bit when he was linking the new clash strip with racism...What the?)
I wasn't being serious, I was taking the piss in a light hearted way b coz Grumpy One was carrying on about how the Saintsational banner was racist because the Koori players and the white's were segregated!

Grumpy One posted something about how he liked the new clash jumper ( I don't ) so I lightheartedly made some reference about the jumper he likes being racist because there is too much white on the front!

Of course in no way was I being serious, I was just giving GO a bit of a stir!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

b4e ... gawd ya a tosser (just kidding ... see my post above)

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

It is an interesting place.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:Barks4eva is Okay, (however, he lost me a little bit when he was linking the new clash strip with racism...What the?)
I wasn't being serious, I was taking the piss in a light hearted way b coz Grumpy One was carrying on about how the Saintsational banner was racist because the Koori players and the white's were segregated!
You may or may not be aware but the term "Koori" is an insult to Northern Aboriginal people (Raph is a Northern Aboriginie and Ross a Tiwi Islander). Koori is a derogatory term used by Northern Aboriginies to describe those aboriginies from Southern NSW & Victoria !!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I know it's only Wikipedia, but it says Koori is "a word which some indigenous Australians in New South Wales and Victoria use to identify themselves, and has become an established term when referring to indigenous Australians from south eastern Australia."

So which way is it?

Any Koori posters able to clarify?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:b4e ... gawd ya a tosser (just kidding ... see my post above)
:roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Historically, I don't think the Sth Eastern aboriginies enjoyed the respect of the Northern people.

Perhaps Xavier Clarke could give us a definitive answer. I read somewhere that he is right into aboriginal history/heritage !!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Historically, I don't think the Sth Eastern aboriginies enjoyed the respect of the Northern people.

Perhaps Xavier Clarke could give us a definitive answer. I read somewhere that he is right into aboriginal history/heritage !!
Or our very own homie. :D

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Eastern wrote:Historically, I don't think the Sth Eastern aboriginies enjoyed the respect of the Northern people.

Or our very own homie. :D
Yep homie would be a good source seeing he comes from Southern NSW

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

St.Fid - I would respond, but someone did on my behalf.....thanks whoever that was......just give it up Fid.....you are demonstrating that you have a real problem with me, I can see that, everyone can see that......taking pot shots just makes you look spiteful and bitter....

Magic, wouldn't getting the sh*ts and someone giving you the sh*ts the same thing - either way you are sh*tty?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
You may or may not be aware but the term "Koori" is an insult to Northern Aboriginal people (Raph is a Northern Aboriginie and Ross a Tiwi Islander). Koori is a derogatory term used by Northern Aboriginies to describe those aboriginies from Southern NSW & Victoria !!
didn't know they got around that much in those days.........must have had a few long weekends to take the vespa for a spin..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.