Are we St Kilda or are we Frankston?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Looking forward to your response or will you ignore me because the answers will not help your arguement.
GOLD.

You accuse me of wanting shirtfronts and hits behind play - but when challenged to quote me you dont.

Oh becuae mabye that wouldn't suit your argument.

You incredible hypocrite :roll: :roll:
Howde let B4E answer and you go back to the hating footy thread.
Just pointing out your incredible hypocricy for all to see.

You deserve nothing less.

Again you lie about me. Find one quote where I said I hate football.

You are a liar and a hypocrite.

You have been found out. Back under your rock.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Seriosuly , how much does it REALLY matter?

Im more concerned with getting a 3- 0 start to the season FFS! I think Im safe in declaring that about 1,000,000 X more important.

If we are going to go punch for punch on this site, as seems the norm, lets do it over something of relevance and importance, please!

yipper
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:Seriosuly , how much does it REALLY matter?

Im more concerned with getting a 3- 0 start to the season FFS! I think Im safe in declaring that about 1,000,000 X more important.

If we are going to go punch for punch on this site, as seems the norm, lets do it over something of relevance and importance, please!
Yeah, it is getting really ridiculous where every damn thread gets hijacked by the same clowns arguing the same damn garbage over an over again. And don't any of you clowns give me that well don't read it crap - you get onto every thread. I just want to read about footy and how we are gunna go. I don't want this repetive I hate footy, I hate Westaway, I hate Frankston crap every friggin day. But every time I open a post I think may be worth reading - nup. It gets murdered!! Start your own forum up and leave us all alone. Please....

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: You seriously can't convince me that there is no vacant lot between Port Melbourne and Sandringham where the club could negotiate with a local council and establish itself!

Even Dendy Park in Brighton would be a better option, one I have not previously mentioned!
So are we Sandringham, or Port Melbourne, or Brighton? Yes, they may be closer to St Kilda - BUT THEY ARE NOT IN ST KILDA!!

You are now contradicting yourself, ya bloody great w@nker!!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: Are we St Kilda or are we Frankston?

barks4eva wrote:St Kilda is having it's family day in Frankston at Frankston Park oval.

Melbourne is having it's family day at Luna Park in St Kilda.

Even Hawthorn who now train at Waverley had their family day at Glenferrie Oval in Hawthorn.

The name St Kilda now seems to stand for nothing with the current board further distancing itself from it's origins.

Fitzroy started on a path of not really having a home, moving from one place to the next, losing it's identity and now St Kilda are going down the same path.

What would make this club a powerhouse is to embrace the suburb from which it originated and why this club is actually called the ST KILDA football club!

We are not Frankston, we are not Seaford!

The previous board made sure we had a presence in St Kilda at the St Kilda festival and even had a family day at Luna Park, the current board seem to be turning us into the Frankston football club and all at the call of Archie Fraser who is not even at our club anymore!

The club is being sold down the river and the decision to relocate to the back blocks of Seaford and have family days at Frankston is an absolute disgrace!

BLASPHEMY!

You should all be ashamed!
thank you ponytail hippie

it would be held in frankston due to us moving down there....because of us demonlishing morrabin we would need more space...i would imagine

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Doesn't matter what is said, and by who, you just don't want to hear it or try and understand it. Give it a rest, its not helping you and its driving everyone else crazy.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
GrumpyOne

We are St Kilda.

Sack the bloke who moved us to Moorabbin. :x

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:I sort of expect this response from those that just blindly follow and believe everything they are told.
Yep, one doubts if many believe or blindly follow you!

Weren't you the one that suggested the selection of our coach R L was compromised?

You have many theories b4e, the problem though most, if not all , are baseless.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Quixote
SS Life Member

To clarify, I think the 'Family Day' B4E is thinking of is the shoot we had down in front of Luna Park / The Palais for our 2003 (?) advertising campaign.

And to be honest I thought it was one of our most successful campaigns. I know for one my girlfriend at the time, who was from NSW and not long in Melbourne, stumbled across the shoot, saw 'Nicky' Riewoldt - and immediately started supporting the Saints. She bought memberships too!

That is, until she f***ed off to Hong Kong, the mole. :lol:

However, point being the St Kilda IDEA is not a bad one.

In reality, though, even with relatively limited understanding of the processes involved, I'm certain it was never a viable one. Hell, the people at Port Melbourne oval stated flatly that St Kilda could be based on the moon for all they care!

So - I empathise with those that are TIRED of the same old rantings and bickering.

We are St Kilda - we are to have an ELITE training centre in Seaford (which is a lovely little place if you haven't been there - and the chicks next door in Chelsea are hot!).

We are moving and there is naught anyone can do to halt it.

IMO, we have assured our long-term future with this strategic move - in ten, maybe twenty years time, we will essentially own the south-east corridor. A lot like Geelong dominate their patch right now.

Seaford, it should also be remembered, was where #35 grew up playing footy.

So let's try and look at things objectively. To re-iterate another poster - it's what happens ON THE FIELD that will shape and dictate our future. This is what's most important to me.

B4E - I'm genuinely sorry if you are sick and you have my thoughts and sincere best wishes.

Q

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Looking forward to your response or will you ignore me because the answers will not help your arguement.
GOLD.

You accuse me of wanting shirtfronts and hits behind play - but when challenged to quote me you dont.

Oh becuae mabye that wouldn't suit your argument.

You incredible hypocrite :roll: :roll:
Howde let B4E answer and you go back to the hating footy thread.
Just pointing out your incredible hypocricy for all to see.

You deserve nothing less.

Again you lie about me. Find one quote where I said I hate football.

You are a liar and a hypocrite.

You have been found out. Back under your rock.
And you are a sad man. Keep those negative posts going though if it makes you happy. I thought you were supposed to make us laugh Howde Dodde but all you do is make us groan with your continual footy is crap. if it is so bad stop watching and stop complaining.

casey scorp
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:And about Archie's offer, I would suggest it was made in jest just to shut you up at the AGM.
I doubt that would be the case – any official of a reputable organisation who publicly undertakes to do something would be honour-bound to deliver. If he’s as committed to members to write back to e-mails regularly, he would be the sort of person who would follow up on his own undertakings. Maybe he’s just running out of time as he runs out the door.

kaos theory wrote:FFS - there were only two VIABLE options for the club. Go it? TWO!

That is: Cranborne or Seaford/Frankston.
That’s actually 3 not two – Casey Fields, Frankston and Seaford. And they’re not all viable actually!

One of those (Frankston) was chosen without adequate research. Proven not viable!

Another (Seaford) was chosen in a hurry. Jury still out.

The other (Casey Fields) is now Melbourne FC’s (unavailable to St Kilda FC).
goodie wrote:Dendy Park would be a terrible option, the small road in would not tolerate the traffic and parking would be a nightmare for starters
Traffic and parking nightmare? I thought the argument to the residents near Belvedere Park Seaford was that there would not be excessive traffic.
Quixote wrote: we are to have an ELITE training centre in Seaford (which is a lovely little place if you haven't been there ).
But you realise it’s not if you have been there?

Quixote wrote: IMO, we have assured our long-term future with this strategic move - in ten, maybe twenty years time, we will essentially own the south-east corridor. A lot like Geelong dominate their patch right now.
The south-east corridor? I don't think Seaford is in a geographical position to "own" the south-east corridor. Even the club talks positively of only the Bayside Corridor (which is half water anyway, and fish don't buy memberships).

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The easiest solution is to get the Port Phillip and Frankston councils to do a straight name swap ie: Seaford will now be called St Kilda and vice versa - both suburbs have 7 letters each and both start with S - that no doubt should keep all parties happy :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Firstly: I really hope all goes well at the docs, Barks. Good fortunes, mate. Many more years of following truly, hey?
Secondly: there were sometimes 5000-10,000 at Moorabbin for these days - or it seemed like it. I have no faith that this will happen at Frankston (or Cranbourne for that matter). How many last year? Isn't this the issue? Whether or not they attract a big crowd and hence get the patronage?
Thirdly: How many embraced the move and turn up now to training etc?
Fourth: How about Sandringham oval ? Aren't we connected there now? What about an advertised band or three and a carnival atmosphere?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

A few things:

(1) Get well Barks, this place aint to good for brains...

(2) Belverdere Park should be called "Archie Fraser Oval"

(3) Family Day clashes with the airshow, and is the day after 78,000 people are at the G for Sound Relief.....these events may dimish crowds.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

All the best b4e and I wish you well...

Take care :wink:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!