Where is Schneider?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Where is Schneider?

He seems to be having a very quiet pre-season or am I just living too far from Moorabbin?

Does anyone have any news on how his pre-season is going?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Very quiet.

Such an important player for us; I sincerely hope he's completed the PS in full and can get his hamstrings in order.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

I've watched a few training sessions and from what I've seen he has very rarely trained with the main group.

Last week he was running laps, albeit at a pretty brisk pace with Rooey.

But yeah, he definitely has had a restricted pre-season.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

He was with the injured group when they were up here on the Gold Coast. Not to serious I don't think, but St Kilda are taking a very causcious approach for injuries at this stage.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yep Cairnsman..been wondering that myself..

Correct me if I'm wrong..but Roo, Max and Schneider are the only 3 players of any sort of seniority not to play a game so far..even intra-club?

Max is obviously in cotton wool protecting his dental floss..sorry i mean hammys..Roo is well known...but Schneids??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:I've watched a few training sessions and from what I've seen he has very rarely trained with the main group.

Last week he was running laps, albeit at a pretty brisk pace with Rooey.

But yeah, he definitely has had a restricted pre-season.
It is quite strange, he was running laps away from the main group most training sessions I got to last year also....

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
It is quite strange, he was running laps away from the main group most training sessions I got to last year also....

Does have a history of soft tissue injuries.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

A. Schneider

2 weeks

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

All together now....

Where is Schneider, Where is Schneider

:wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:All together now....

Dormez vous, Dormez vous ?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Very quiet.

Such an important player for us; I sincerely hope he's completed the PS in full and can get his hamstrings in order.
Why is he important?
Not taking the p!ss just wondering, because of what I have seen so far, I am not overly impressed.....

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

I thought Max played on Gold Coast or maybe all the excitement of the game blurred my memory...!

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Cro
Club Player

CeilidhSaint wrote:I thought Max played on Gold Coast or maybe all the excitement of the game blurred my memory...!
He was tin rattling.

sainterjo
Club Player

You deserve this for embedding that tune in my head. Nothing serious, only been singing it for 5 hours now...

Where is Schneider, Where is Schneider?
Injured group? Injured group?
Very rarely training, hammies keep on straining
In the stands. In the stands.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

Why is he important?
Not taking the p!ss just wondering, because of what I have seen so far, I am not overly impressed.....
I would say that the story with Schneider - both at the Swans and now at the Sainters - is that

1. He doesn't score enough goals for a player who is just an out-and-out goal sneak
2. He doesn't win enough effective possession/make tackles/do one percenters/set up attacking plays or whatever around the ground for a player who isn't just an out-and-out goal sneak.

Hence the Swans ultimately decided he wasn't really worth the money they would have to spend on him. And hence, ultimately, I think we'll probably end up getting rid of him as well: assuming that his proneness to injury doesn't finish him off first.

He's one of a large brigade of players who have AFL careers who can do quite a lot of things well on a football field, but who just can't quite do them regularly enough to make them a major threat to the opposition.

Many posters on here seem to be blinded by the fact that Schneider (and Dempster for that matter) have premiership medallions, and have therfore wrongly elevated them to superstar status. But they are not superstars: I personally would pick Clinton Jones ahead of either of them, and, as most of you know, I'm not a great fan of CJ!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
maverick wrote:

Why is he important?
I would say that the story with Schneider - both at the Swans and now at the Sainters - is that

1. He doesn't score enough goals for a player who is just an out-and-out goal sneak
2. He doesn't win enough effective possession/make tackles/do one percenters/set up attacking plays or whatever around the ground for a player who isn't just an out-and-out goal sneak.

Hence the Swans ultimately decided he wasn't really worth the money they would have to spend on him. And hence, ultimately, I think we'll probably end up getting rid of him as well: assuming that his proneness to injury doesn't finish him off first.

He's one of a large brigade of players who have AFL careers who can do quite a lot of things well on a football field, but who just can't quite do them regularly enough to make them a major threat to the opposition.

Many posters on here seem to be blinded by the fact that Schneider (and Dempster for that matter) have premiership medallions, and have therfore wrongly elevated them to superstar status. But they are not superstars: I personally would pick Clinton Jones ahead of either of them, and, as most of you know, I'm not a great fan of CJ!
List clogger maybe in every sense of the word then maybe. Dempster though is a different story. He is a worker.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
meher baba wrote:
maverick wrote:

Why is he important?

List clogger maybe in every sense of the word then maybe. Dempster though is a different story. He is a worker.
I agree with you, I reckon Dempster has more long-term potential for us than Schneider. But, once again, he's no superstar.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cro wrote:
CeilidhSaint wrote:I thought Max played on Gold Coast or maybe all the excitement of the game blurred my memory...!
He was tin rattling.

i gave him all my change....lenny got the notes

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

sainterjo wrote:

You deserve this for embedding that tune in my head. Nothing serious, only been singing it for 5 hours now...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

sainterjo wrote:

Sorry :lol:

sainterjo
Club Player

:D Cheers Cowboy and Ohwhen.

And great footy post m-baba - hope you are wrong about him, but the case against is compelling.

PS Eljay plays very attractive football. It's nice when life's little ironies work in our favour.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Have we all magically erased the fact that Adam Schneider denied this club a premiership in 2005?

Good grief. The kid has fantastic attributes that we badly, badly need.

I look at him and I see something similar to Guerra; but the supporters nailed him too. Talented players are talented players. You have to give them every opportunity. That they've played in premierships is no mistake.

Give Schneids time; he'll make it. He may take a little longer because of his injuries, but I believe we can get him right.

I can see him becoming a 20-possession, 3-goal flanker each week for this club easily.

He's worth the risk and I have no doubt he's the type of player who can help us win a premiership. We need those players.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Have we all magically erased the fact that Adam Schneider denied this club a premiership in 2005?

I look at him and I see something similar to Guerra; but the supporters nailed him too. Talented players are talented players. You have to give them every opportunity. That they've played in premierships is no mistake.

Give Schneids time; he'll make it. He may take a little longer because of his injuries, but I believe we can get him right.

I can see him becoming a 20-possession, 3-goal flanker each week for this club easily.

He's worth the risk and I have no doubt he's the type of player who can help us win a premiership. We need those players.
if he did that ever second week we would settle very easily

still 30 goals for a forward who runs through the midfield and looks okay in it is a good return

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Have we all magically erased the fact that Adam Schneider denied this club a premiership in 2005?

The Swans have clearly been on a downhill slide since early in 2007.

So, given that he was still relatively young and - according to you - has such "fantastic attributes" - why did they decide to trade him at the end of 2007?

- Jonathan Swift
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: if he did that ever second week we would settle very easily

still 30 goals for a forward who runs through the midfield and looks okay in it is a good return
There's no question he has dodgy hamstrings.

But that's why we've got David Misson on board; an expert in the area. I'm confident they can find a way to get him right. If not this year, then the year after.

Players with speed, skill, smarts and goal-kicking ability are rare in football. At St Kilda, they simply don't exist. That's why we need to get this guy right, rather than just give him the Guerra treatment.

Sometimes I feel it's partially come because we traded for him, rather than drafted him, and he doesn't feel like 'ours'. Well, he is ours, and it's our job to get him right. The rewards are potentially immense.

Don't believe me? Dig out the tape and watch the last quarter of the 2005 PF, if you can stomach it.
meher baba wrote:So, given that he was still relatively young and - according to you - has such "fantastic attributes" - why did they decide to trade him at the end of 2007?
Don't forget - we gave them a pretty good pick.

It was a mid-20s pick they wanted to recover for acquiring Mattner. That we took on Dempster made it better for them (salary cap relief), even though his market value was a touch higher.

Not only that, but they had loads of similar players - Buchanan, Mattner, Kennelly, Malceski were all running flankers capable of kicking goals, with Bird and Moore coming through.

I won't lie. His hammys are suspect and the Swans knew that. But Misson would have known whether or not he was recoverable over time.

I'm siding they can get him right. The upside is huge - and worth the wait.