Training Report- 25/2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Training Report- 25/2

Wed 25th @ 2pm LHO.

Might pop down and see the boys!I'll try to put together a little training report.

http://www.saints.com.au/Season2008/Tra ... fault.aspx
Last edited by i_luv_nick_riewoldt on Wed 25 Feb 2009 9:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go saints in '09!
Quixote
SS Life Member

Don't think they'll be in full training before Friday's hit-out,

however I've got the afternoon free so I might swing down for a look.

8-)

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Don't think they'll be in full training before Friday's hit-out,

however I've got the afternoon free so I might swing down for a look.

8-)
I dont think they would alter training for a practice match. I'd say they will do as much or as little as they normally do at this time of year.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Training- Wed 25/2

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:Wed 25th @ 2pm LHO.

Might pop down and see the boys!I'll try to put together a little training report. http://www.saints.com.au/Season2008/Tra ... fault.aspx
Thanks in anticipation. Training Reports are much appreciated.

I know that saint66au will compile a 20-30 page report on the praccy match on Friday :lol: :wink: !!

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:

Might pop down and see the boys!I'll try to put together a little training report. http://www.saints.com.au/Season2008/Tra ... fault.aspx

I know that saint66au will compile a 20-30 page report on the praccy match on Friday :lol: :wink: !!
No probs i definitely understand how important reports are, as i been interstate for 4 months so getting back to melbourne and having wednesdays free is a bonus! I shalll get to the ground early so i don't anything!! I'll try and do a player by player account!!

Go saints in '09!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:
Eastern wrote:

No probs i definitely understand how important reports are, as i been interstate for 4 months so getting back to melbourne and having wednesdays free is a bonus! I shalll get to the ground early so i don't anything!! I'll try and do a player by player account!!
thanks most appreciated.

Quixote
SS Life Member

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Yep appreciated. I can no longer make it. :?

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
mick13
Club Player

I'd go if I didn't have my P's at 3.20.

Oh god.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:I'd go if I didn't have my P's at 3.20.

Oh god.
Good luck with that. Let us know how you went !!

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

just got home from training will post report either tonight or early hrs of tomorrow when i get a chance!!

Go saints in '09!
mick13
Club Player

Eastern wrote:

Oh god.
Passed somehow. :P

But lets not sidetrack the thread, I wanna see how Armo went lol. :wink:

SaintDebi
Club Player

mick13 wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Oh god.
Passed somehow. :P

But lets not sidetrack the thread, I wanna see how Armo went lol. :wink:
Congrats Mick. Stay safe on the roads.
And just to keep on topic, I want to know how the boys went too....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:just got home from training will post report either tonight or early hrs of tomorrow when i get a chance!!

that would be much appreciated..... :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

still typing it up atm!! Post it in an hr or so!

Go saints in '09!
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Sorry for the report being so late, ended up being caught up in a D&M tonight and was able to get online to finish the final touches!! Please Enjoy!! xo
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I popped down to training on a bit of a chilly dark day. There were around about 30 or so spectators and camera crew to watch the session.

First up were extensive stretching, followed by a few laps of the oval by the main training group.

Whilst the others were running, off to the side were Raph, Cahill, Dempster, Armo, Eddy, and (possibly Ted Widmar) doing handball drills and kicking drills with the coaching assistants.

*Noticeable mentions were Dempster and Armo who seemed to shine during the standing reflex drills.

#No strapping on the boys bar Gilbo (right knee) and Eddy (left knee from memory?)

Grammy-He wasn’t exactly on fire today, he made a few shocking decisions during one of the drills and wasn’t quite getting down to the ball. To me he seemed like he was on cruise control most of the session. I was a little disappointed but perhaps he has been slowly amping up the effort as it gets closer to Rd1. He missed some easy targets today, hopefully it’s just match practice he is missing to get back into the swing of things.
Score- 6/10

X man- was not a standout, he had a steady training session. He was quite good at the simulation game with some good kicking.
Score 6.5/10

Big Mac-Always enjoy watching Ben he seemed very focused and willing. He did a separate ruckwork drill with Kingy for a bit. He looked promising. Overall a good effort.
Score 7/10

Leigh Fisher- As previously noted fish has trimmed down quite nicely and has a good pre-season as far as being up amongst the top runners in the time trials. He looked a hell of a lot sharper with his kicking and his handballing than previous times I have seen him training. Fish seemed to standout more today for all the good reasons. He made some good decisions during the simulation game and there was some nice fluency in his movement around the ground. All i am saying are positives as to his training effort today and compared to last years’ pre-season and it seems like the amount of effort he has put in this year is starting to show during training sessions. Although the jury is still out as to whether this good training session will translate to a fruitful season this year.
Score- 7.5/10

Lenny- What can I say? Always fantastic in and under in the midfield as usual. Class as usual. Very much a cut above the rest of the boys. Looks ready for Rd1!
Score 8.5/10

Maxy- looked fantastic for this time of year. Didn’t participate much in the simulation style games, although he did all the other kicking, handballing drills. Went up for a mark and seemed to stretch his hammy. He stretched out his left hammy and then later during a drinks break got a massage on his left hammy, didn’t seem awkward or proppy though. So i’m not sure what was happening didn’t seem serious he continued on with the session. Looked really fit. He kicked a goal on the run too which is always nice to see! Class!!
Score 8.5/10

Baker- I think he would be ready for Rd1. Seemed quite fit, and composed with his kicking skills.He racked up numerous possessions during the simulation game, although he was on Lynchy. Lynchy still gave him a work out.
Score 7.5/10

Dally- leading the pack for the laps, looked really great! His kicking was accurate and was once again on fire with Lenny when it came to the mini simulation game with tackling and getting in and under.
Score 8.5/10

Roo- He was superb! Looked definitely ready for Rd 1! He participated in all drills and there was no strapping on the knee. He was at full tilt and was delivering the ball on a platter. Wonderful to see.
Score 9/10

Joey- Participated in full training this week. He definitely had a better session than some of the other guys. He was getting down to the ball and putting in a lot of effort.
Score 8/10

Gardy-looked like he was struggling the whole session. He participated in the main session and looked at around 55% capacity. He wasn’t running at full tilt and was tagging along behind in the pack running laps and when doing sprints, he’s not the best runner but I wouldn’t of thought he was the worst! Seemed a bit proppy, I don’t think he’s fitness is at its peak as of yet! Gardy was a bit clumsy, not very clean with the ball. Looked vulnerable today. (Bit disappointed really- hoping he will make an impact this year)
Score 5/10

BJ- wow he was by far the best performance at training today. He was on song, he stood out like a beacon. He was running everywhere with clean disposal – looked too good for this time of the season!!
Score 9.5/10

Choo Choo- was good. He is fast and stood out when it came to running drills.
Score 6.5/10

Jonesy-No fluency today. Very start and stop kind of play shown. Miserable passes. Really disappointed, I’ve seen him train better before. He seems to be flat lining it at the moment.
Score 4.5/10

Kosi- seemed to be putting in the hard yards and looked rather refreshed. Good chasing the ball carrier. All positives!
Score 7.5/10

Lynchy- a little indecisive when its congested. He composed himself and was generally good. Nice possessions.
Score7/10

Goose- looked to be training at around 85%. He was chasing hard and was keeping up with Rooey in the simulation match. Definitely a better session this week than last week. A few wobbled kicks although I’m sure with more match practice he will iron those out. I’m was pleasantly surprised.
Score 8.5/10

Gilbo- training very hard. A lot of great overhead marks and clean disposal. Very much a good performance.
Score 7.5/10

Kingy- had a very workman like session today, was doing all the right things. He had a few great hit-outs to advantage against Gardy! He got some extra taping on his foot half way through the session. Couldn’t see what it was, nothing too important really, he looked fine afterwards.
Score 7.5/10

*Eddy and Raph doing laps towards the end of the session.

# Eddy was icing his knee after the laps, Raph was watching the others.

I left around 3:30 so I didn’t watch all of the session. So other posters may be able to grasp more of an insight as to what happened at the end. Any questions or any other player reviews you want, feel free to post!
Last edited by i_luv_nick_riewoldt on Thu 26 Feb 2009 10:52am, edited 1 time in total.

Go saints in '09!
Richter
SS Life Member

Top post ilnr. Thanks for the report.

Even giving marks out of ten.... for the practice session...... love it! :D :wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thank you

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:Top post ilnr. Thanks for the report.

Even giving marks out of ten.... for the practice session...... love it! :D :wink:
haha well i thought i promised a full training report, so i tried to watch all the boys although its not as easy as it seems so i selected a few.

Go saints in '09!
mick13
Club Player

Thanks for the report. Did Jack train?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thanks for the report i luv nick riewoldt

Did you notice Ball and Leigh Fisher :shock:

No Contract, No Contact :shock:
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

goddard = brownlow

#1 Ryder fan
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Our Rucks rated as... King & Kosi 7.5 McEvoy 7. Gardiner 5. I wonder if that is how the selectors will rate them also.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

MCG-Unit wrote:Thanks for the report i luv nick riewoldt

Did you notice Ball and Leigh Fisher :shock:
Yep i posted about Leigh "fish"!

Bally was there, he was apart of the full training session. He looked good, wouldn't say he was sharp but that's understandable. Should be all guns blazing for Rd1! Didn't miss many targets, just wasn't on the full tilt.
Score 7.5/10

Go saints in '09!
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

mick13 wrote:Thanks for the report. Did Jack train?
I didn't spot Jack. Although i was pre-occupied writing notes and checking on specific players.

Milney looked great as well, very chirpy as usual!

Sam Fisher looked in cruise control!

Go saints in '09!
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Our Rucks rated as... King & Kosi 7.5 McEvoy 7. Gardiner 5. I wonder if that is how the selectors will rate them also.
Well i mean this is my personal opinion purely based on this week and any improvements from last weeks session. I guess we will truely understand one's value and worth in the team by the end of the season.To me it seemed like McEvoy had value around the ground and just needed to step up in the ruck, whereas Gardy was labouring and couldn't keep up around the ground. Although i must mention this week Gardy did the full training as opposed to last week when he was running laps the whole time.

Go saints in '09!