Foxtel Or Free To Air Channels

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JABBER
Club Player

Foxtel Or Free To Air Channels

Foxtel show live games of Football While most of the free to air games are delayed. most people i know refuse to watch free to air games.
I just hope in the furture foxtel gets the rights to all the games on a viewers choice basics

trevor barker
stinger
Saintsational Legend

amen brother amen......or go live in one of the northern states...and get the whole lot on fox now........... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The BIG money is with the FTA Channels, where the quality is with Foxtel via live games, better commentators etc, etc.

It would be great if we could attract some of Foxtels advertisers as sponsors, then we would have the best of both worlds.

Unfortunately for us ATM, the ladder for value for sponsors goes something like this;

Blockbusters (ANZAC Day etc)

Friday Night Ch 7

Saturday Night Ch 10

Sunday Day Ch 7

Saturday Day Ch 10

Daylight

All Foxtel Games (there are still large numbers of footy fans who do NOT have Foxtel for a wide variety of reasons)

What this tells me is that we need to create our own blockbuster. Dare I mention it again;

GOOD FRIDAY: 6.00pm start under a closed roof at the Dome v Carlton. Our home game one year, theirs the next. I believe that this could rival ANZAC Day within 3-5 years. If we don't take it, someone else will !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Isn't this a double up of this thread??

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=50040

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:T
What this tells me is that we need to create our own blockbuster. Dare I mention it again;

GOOD FRIDAY: 6.00pm start under a closed roof at the Dome v Carlton. Our home game one year, theirs the next. I believe that this could rival ANZAC Day within 3-5 years. If we don't take it, someone else will !!

no..........

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

no..........
Yeah, but everyone knows that you & I are always going to disagree on this !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
stinger wrote:

no..........
Yeah, but everyone knows that you & I are always going to disagree on this !!

yep.......

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Foxtel Or Free To Air Channels

JABBER wrote:Foxtel show live games of Football While most of the free to air games are delayed. most people i know refuse to watch free to air games.
I just hope in the furture foxtel gets the rights to all the games on a viewers choice basics
umm once upon a time Foxtel DID have all games, delayed coverage only against FTA blockbuster games, a 24hr dedicated AFL chanel, the fantastic White Line Fever, Grumpy Old men, "great quarters", replays of the best quarters of footy from past games, each weeks games repeated three times, and during the off season the year in rewind.
What do you get for your money now?
I say the quicker FTA digital kicks in the better.

Seeya
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Re: Foxtel Or Free To Air Channels

sunsaint wrote:
JABBER wrote:Foxtel show live games of Football While most of the free to air games are delayed. most people i know refuse to watch free to air games.
umm once upon a time Foxtel DID have all games, delayed coverage only against FTA blockbuster games, a 24hr dedicated AFL chanel, the fantastic White Line Fever, Grumpy Old men, "great quarters", replays of the best quarters of footy from past games, each weeks games repeated three times, and during the off season the year in rewind.
What do you get for your money now?
I say the quicker FTA digital kicks in the better.
We really should have a dedicated AFL channel.

Hell, if Sunsports (South African equivalent of Fox Sports) has 6 channels (and god knows how many ESPN have..), then we should also have at least 6 - with one dedicated purely to AFL, the other to world football, the other to cricket, the other to tennis/golf, one for the two rugby codes and the other to American sports....

The Saints are coming!
bigmicka
Club Player

there should be a 24 hour channel but there won't be, until channel 9 get the rights of football back.

Can you really tell me Foxtel couldn't have the replays and go 24 hours like before? or does channel 7 having the rights really get up their nose.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.