St Kilda AGM- Thurs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saintbrat wrote:http://www.saints.com.au/Annual%20Finan ... fault.aspx

An Annual General Meeting will be held on February 26 at the Moorabbin Town Hall.
There is SFA about the annual general meeting on the official club website :roll:

Anyone know what time it starts, like one visits the official site and is still none the wiser?

This current board are a fair dinkum disgrace!

Is this how a so called, professional organization, even though it's far from that is supposed to be run?

Gdanski, the self confessed clandestine operator and his opportunistic gang of tunnel visioned, snakeoil salesmen and spin doctors couldn't properly manage a chook raffle and it surprises me not that there is precious little info about this event!

If not for a NAB cup win, there's a $745,000 debt to start with!

Even in 2006 when the Butterss administration spent $250,000 resurfacing Moorabbin and $90,000 on gym eqiupment, the club made over a million dollars profit!

These dingbats are way, way out of their depth, making it up on the run and sending the club to a virtual Siberia of their own stupid making!

Seriously this is a FAIR DINKUM ******** disgrace!
Hope you have as much courage at the meeting as you do behind a computer.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

An Annual General Meeting will be held on February 26 at the Moorabbin Town Hall.
There is SFA about the annual general meeting on the official club website :roll:

Anyone know what time it starts, like one visits the official site and is still none the wiser?

Is this how a so called, professional organization, even though it's far from that is supposed to be run?

Gdanski, the self confessed clandestine operator and his opportunistic gang of tunnel visioned, snakeoil salesmen and spin doctors couldn't properly manage a chook raffle and it surprises me not that there is precious little info about this event!

Even in 2006 when the Butterss administration spent $250,000 resurfacing Moorabbin and $90,000 on gym eqiupment, the club made over a million dollars profit!

These dingbats are way, way out of their depth, making it up on the run and sending the club to a virtual Siberia of their own stupid making!

ahh......but they are at least prepared to spend money on the footy department........... which buttarse thought was such a silly idea..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

oh.....

:roll: ffs.....
I would contest your honor that, in Butterss last year as president the board spent $250,000 on resurfacing Moorabbin and $90,000 for new gym equipment, white at the same time delivering a million dollar + profit for the fifth year in a row!

I would also contest your honor that this shows that after having been tight with the purse strings to help restore the clubs bottomline which is imperative if a club is going to be successful in the long term, the spending on the football department had already begun, well before the whims of Gdanski ever saw the light of day!

And furthermore your honor the whole power grab orchestrated by the clandestine operator John " I was the one that divided them, I was the one that broke up the board, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan" Gdanski was cynically manipulated to wing in all the disenchanted dumbed down, dingbats, dunderheads, gimps, gumps, geeks and goofballs, who were still spitting chips, because their self appointed emperor was dethroned from the shoddily erected artifices that he himself had created.

The previous board's focus was heavily on the football department as evidenced by the spend in 2006 on resurfacing and gym equipment and were fully supportibve of the new coach and his demands!

The current board cashed in because we missed the finals by half a game in the new coach's first season, due in most part to the list mismanagement of the previous coach/football dept that Lyon had inherited and this provided FF or FFS as I have come to know them, with the premise for the whims of John " I was the one that divided them, I was the one that broke up the board, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan" Gdanski and appealing to the mood of pre - ejaculating, GT doll worshipping nongs, numbnuts , nuffies and neanderthals they made their play for power, wiping out a few eco systems and half a rainforest in the process such was the volume of spin doctoring and self serving snake oil propaganda, propagated to challenge and overthrow a board that had just delivered it's fifth million dollar profit in a row and had already begun spending heavily on the football department, with not even one single mention or a whisper of any location for a relocation of the football club even though they had firmly established their agenda already!

What we have here is a whole lotta shaking going on!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

b4e....

It's not that the previous administration didn't spend any money in the football department, it's just that they didn't spend enough.

I am fairly sure that during the previous administration the Club was ranked amongst the lowest in expenditure in the football department.

No point making that profit if it may have resulted in a premiership had the Club spent more on the football department.

The extra money spent on the football department may have resulted in a premiership thus generating revenue.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

ahh......but they are at least prepared to spend money on the footy department........... which buttarse thought was such a silly idea..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

oh.....

:roll: ffs.....
I would contest your honor that, in Butterss last year as president the board spent $250,000 on resurfacing Moorabbin and $90,000 for new gym equipment, white at the same time delivering a million dollar + profit for the fifth year in a row!

I would also contest your honor that this shows that after having been tight with the purse strings to help restore the clubs bottomline which is imperative if a club is going to be successful in the long term, the spending on the football department had already begun, well before the whims of Gdanski ever saw the light of day!

And furthermore your honor the whole power grab orchestrated by the clandestine operator John " I was the one that divided them, I was the one that broke up the board, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan" Gdanski was cynically manipulated to wing in all the disenchanted dumbed down, dingbats, dunderheads, gimps, gumps, geeks and goofballs, who were still spitting chips, because their self appointed emperor was dethroned from the shoddily erected artifices that he himself had created.

The previous board's focus was heavily on the football department as evidenced by the spend in 2006 on resurfacing and gym equipment and were fully supportibve of the new coach and his demands!

The current board cashed in because we missed the finals by half a game in the new coach's first season, due in most part to the list mismanagement of the previous coach/football dept that Lyon had inherited and this provided FF or FFS as I have come to know them, with the premise for the whims of John " I was the one that divided them, I was the one that broke up the board, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan" Gdanski and appealing to the mood of pre - ejaculating, GT doll worshipping nongs, numbnuts , nuffies and neanderthals they made their play for power, wiping out a few eco systems and half a rainforest in the process such was the volume of spin doctoring and self serving snake oil propaganda, propagated to challenge and overthrow a board that had just delivered it's fifth million dollar profit in a row and had already begun spending heavily on the football department, with not even one single mention or a whisper of any location for a relocation of the football club even though they had firmly established their agenda already!

What we have here is a whole lotta shaking going on!
you are a troll who is anti-everything

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

He's been BITTER ever since he got the arze from the coaching job of the SAINTSATIONAL summer team !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:He's been BITTER ever since he got the arze from the coaching job of the SAINTSATIONAL summer team !!
Was that because he couldn't find the coaches box?
:wink:
hi b4e

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Whilst I dont agree with everything B4E has to say, I will defend him that he is not purely a keyboard warrior. He has the gumption to get out in the real world with actions not just words...a fact witnessed more than once by many members of this Forum
A lot more than I can say for many people on here.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Agree Saint 66 and I must say I do agree with Barks on 1 point - our financial situation at present are concerning...

“Yeah….nah””
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Agree Saint 66 and I must say I do agree with Barks on 1 point - our financial situation at present are concerning...
Has anybody on here with 'accounting experience' had a look at teh accounts?
If so could they give us some analysis as to whether the 'books have been cooked' or not? (I mean have the figures been manipulated to downplay the financial results, which is what I suspect has occured over the last 2 seasons).

JT
Club Player

What time is it being held???? Does anyone know?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Whilst I dont agree with everything B4E has to say, I will defend him that he is not purely a keyboard warrior. He has the gumption to get out in the real world with actions not just words...a fact witnessed more than once by many members of this Forum
A lot more than I can say for many people on here.
Thanks B4E in telling me how much courage you have.

RBnW
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
Teflon wrote:Agree Saint 66 and I must say I do agree with Barks on 1 point - our financial situation at present are concerning...
If so could they give us some analysis as to whether the 'books have been cooked' or not? (I mean have the figures been manipulated to downplay the financial results, which is what I suspect has occured over the last 2 seasons).
i had a look at the financials and read the presidents report and auditors report. To me they have been more open this year with more detail in the prsidents report than in past years and there has been new external auditors come in. To me they have brought things forward to make the result what it is this year, eg IMO they didnt have to pay Fiona out this year, but it was better to take the cost now.
IMO the figures are going the other way and they are cleaning things out so that they are giving us the bad news now.
last year this board were in place for weeks before they had to post an end of year result, this year they appear to have cleaned out and taken the hits, if thats what has happened then maybe for the first time in a long time the books are clean...IMO... :wink:

Our best is yet
to come......
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
as we are NOT on this list we have obviously passed the higher authorities scrutiny.
Carlton, Richmond and North Melbourne are understood to have been taken aback two days ago upon receiving what has been described as relatively antagonistic correspondence from the AFL demanding to redefine their funding arrangements.
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/c ... 50956.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
i had a look at the financials and read the presidents report and auditors report. To me they have been more open this year with more detail in the prsidents report than in past years and there has been new external auditors come in. To me they have brought things forward to make the result what it is this year, eg IMO they didnt have to pay Fiona out this year, but it was better to take the cost now.
IMO the figures are going the other way and they are cleaning things out so that they are giving us the bad news now.
last year this board were in place for weeks before they had to post an end of year result, this year they appear to have cleaned out and taken the hits, if thats what has happened then maybe for the first time in a long time the books are clean...IMO... :wink:
I have thought that this current Board were, legally, bringing forward all possible expenses whilst at the same time 'holding back' (in accounting terms) as much revenue as possible. so as to 'deflate' the financial results. There is nothing wrong with doing that - it's just difficult to understand why they would be doing that without any official statement from them as to their motives. There is also no reason to suspect the 'books' of the previous administration were anything other than 'clean'.

As for last year's 'books', there is no doubt that they 'minimized' the performance by including future expenses and postponing revenue (the 200+k for the legal costs of the GT court case are just 1 instance).

I'm not looking for a 'contest' about the relative merits of each Board more than trying to fully understand the actual financial position of the Club today.

What we know for sure is the following:-

We are virtually debt free, thanks to the 'penny-pinching'/austerity of the previous Admin.

We are now spending much more on teh Footy Dept than 3 years ago, thanks to the new Admin.

We have just finished the first of a 3 year Sponsorship progra that is heavily 'back-loaded', negotiated by the new Admin.

We have written off some huge payments in the past 2 sets of accounts.

SO my question remains - Is it really a trading loss that they have declared or is pure 'accounting speak' to manufacture this 'position' when in fact the actual 'cash position' is much healthier?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JT wrote:What time is it being held???? Does anyone know?
Try looking on the official site, obviously there would be information there as to what time it is being held!

Oh dear, nothing, SFA, nada, zip, diddly squat, zero information as to what time this event starts!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

After the way in which members have been taken for granted, completely disrespected and lied to, it hardly surprises me!

This is a fair dinkum disgrace!

So much for treating the members with respect, they can't even come clean and advise members as to the time it starts!

Is this any way to run an organization, though it doesn't surprise in the least bit, with John "I was the one that divided them, I was the one that broke the board up, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan" Gdanski pulling the strings!

Obviously being held accountable for their decisions isn't high on their agenda list!

Oh dear!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
JT wrote:What time is it being held???? Does anyone know?
Try looking on the official site, obviously there would be information there as to what time it is being held!

Oh dear, nothing, SFA, nada, zip, diddly squat, zero information as to what time this event starts!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

After the way in which members have been taken for granted, completely disrespected and lied to, it hardly surprises me!

This is a fair dinkum disgrace!

So much for treating the members with respect, they can't even come clean and advise members as to the time it starts!

Is this any way to run an organization, though it doesn't surprise in the least bit, with John "I was the one that divided them, I was the one that broke the board up, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan" Gdanski pulling the strings!

Obviously being held accountable for their decisions isn't high on their agenda list!

Oh dear!
I'm not sure how you feel about the current board. Could you please write down your feelings so we can read them.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I rang the club and asked as to why there is no information about the start time of the AGM on the official website?

Oh apparently this is an oversight! :roll:

As to why there is NO information about this on the home page considering it is being held tomorrow, FAIR DINKUM :roll:

The AGM starts at 7.00pm!

On behalf of the club, I'd like any members to thank me personally for advising them of the start time, FAIR DINKUM :roll:

Afterall this is how we the members deserve to be given the information isn't it?

It's all about keeping you in the dark and uninformed for the current board trade on the dumbed down dingbats and lemming like servile underlings who wouldn't get the drum even if they had a brass band up them.

FAIR DINKUM!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:b4e....

It's not that the previous administration didn't spend any money in the football department, it's just that they didn't spend enough.

I am fairly sure that during the previous administration the Club was ranked amongst the lowest in expenditure in the football department.

No point making that profit if it may have resulted in a premiership had the Club spent more on the football department.

The extra money spent on the football department may have resulted in a premiership thus generating revenue.

actually they were the lowest...no 16...stone motherless last......in the spend department on the most important aspect of footy......ffs..... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:He's been BITTER ever since he got the arze from the coaching job of the SAINTSATIONAL summer team !!
made worse when thomas threw him out of the coaches box...... :wink: :lol: :lol: ...who he then stalked for months...even followed him into a court room...... :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
made worse when thomas threw him out of the coaches box...... :wink: :lol: :lol: ...who he then storked for months...even followed him into a court room...... :roll:
Surely that's stalked, rumpy and not storked even though it is true that Grant and I did have a private conversation while he was having a slash in a urinal, but the stork bit never occured to me,

didn't even think to glance down to see if he was in need of a string and a brick,

as for throwing me out of a coaches box, nice story, be funnier if it were true, you honor!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
made worse when thomas threw him out of the coaches box...... :wink: :lol: :lol: ...who he then storked for months...even followed him into a court room...... :roll:
Surely that's stalked, rumpy and not storked even though it is true that Grant and I did have a private conversation while he was having a slash in a urinal, but the stork bit never occured to me,

didn't even think to glance down to see if he was in need of a string and a brick,

as for throwing me out of a coaches box, nice story, be funnier if it were true, you honor!
It's "Your honour" :roll:

Fairdinkum nuffie. :roll: :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:

i actually changed it before you posted beefour....thought the other was in poor taste...although i'm sure that you would have storked him too...if given the chance.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:

It's "Your honour" :roll:

Fairdinkum nuffie. :roll: :lol:

good pick up.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

well initially you went into the wrong box...didn't you...then tried to get into the saints box where grant told you to f*** off.....

....you.....your....who's the nuffie??????

Sobraz
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote: Grant and I did have a private conversation while he was having a slash in a urinal, but the stork bit never occured to me,

haha... now that is very amusing.... :lol: :lol: