Sorry Everyone but we cant win it!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rama35
Club Player

Sorry Everyone but we cant win it!!!

Just went through our list and i thought it was ok,but to be honest i dont think we can win the Flag.
We will make the 8 and more than likely make the top 6 but when it comes to beating the likes of GELLONG OR HAWTHORN i think we are a fair way off them.
Recuiting Farren Ray for me is just replacing an ordinary but fast player in Fiora.
I know i will cop a bit for saying this and i hope im wrong,but lets just wait and see.

Gilbert=Legend

well said, i feel the same way and will continue to feel the same way until we get a new coach and start playing the young players.

you have my full support

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Mine too...

In fact, I suggest we poke him in the eyes first, then hit him over the head with a chisel.

woop woop woop woop

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Mine too...

In fact, I suggest we poke him in the eyes first, then hit him over the head with a chisel.

woop woop woop woop
So sorry to go off topic, but every time I see your av WJ42, I see Stevie Baker...

:oops: :wink:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:

woop woop woop woop
So sorry to go off topic, but every time I see your av WJ42, I see Stevie Baker...

Ooooh, a wise guy? A regular funny man?

Every time I see your avatar, i think "WTF am I doing in Australia wasting my time trying to be funny on a forum".

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

woop woop woop woop

Ooooh, a wise guy? A regular funny man?

Every time I see your avatar, i think "WTF am I doing in Australia wasting my time trying to be funny on a forum".
It was last August :cry:

I'm firmly back in Aus now...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sorry Everyone but we cant win it!!!

rama35 wrote:Just went through our list and i thought it was ok,but to be honest i dont think we can win the Flag.
We will make the 8 and more than likely make the top 6 but when it comes to beating the likes of GELLONG OR HAWTHORN i think we are a fair way off them.
Recuiting Farren Ray for me is just replacing an ordinary but fast player in Fiora.
I know i will cop a bit for saying this and i hope im wrong,but lets just wait and see.
You should get in contact witht he club immediately and ask to speak with John Beveridge. He's been waiting a while for someone with your genius to help him out.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

It's a dumb thread, so let's wander... airfaires are amazing at the moment. Almost 1/2 price... I'm told hotels are empty so they are also cheap

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

rama35 wrote:Just went through our list and i thought it was ok,but to be honest i dont think we can win the Flag.
You may be right. For me though, I felt the window had closed after '06. You only get so many chances in footy. Just think how good it will be though when we finally win that elusive flag. Anyhow, I still have hope.

But if there is anyone out there who is still in a state of panic and self-pity over our recent pre-season result, I suggest you build a bridge before the real season begins!

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Foitunately, I reckon we're in with a big chance, now that I've been appointed as forwards coach for 2009.

Here's a pic from aclosed goal kicking session earlier today...

Image[/list][/list]

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

blah blah blahing

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

agree

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Foitunately, I reckon we're in with a big chance, now that I've been appointed as forwards coach for 2009.

Image[/list][/list]
Nah ah ah.

Love the OP.

What depth

What analysis.

Next weeks tattslotto numbers as well Nostradamus :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert=Legend wrote:well said, i feel the same way and will continue to feel the same way until we get a new coach and start playing the young players.

you have my full support
Yep. Lets get another new coach. By the way how many flags have we won with another new coach. The answer is zero just in case you didnt realise. Also our under 13's at our local club are quite young. I think they should get a game as well.

jay young
Club Player

I dont think well make the 8. weve got a brilliant defence, a slow error riddled midfield ,one ruckmen(king) one good forward (nick) WE should of traded a heap of so called stars 4 or 5 yrs ago . i agree we wont win the flag , teams like carl coll rich ess will start whipping us now.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

doesn't matter cause carlton will win it :roll: OMG they won a pre-season cup game :shock:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Good honest assesment Rama, at best we will finish top 4 but most likely bottom of the 8

Cant see any improvement from last year, but hope I a wrong

saintly_safes
Club Player

Its gunna be a long year.Imo our recruiting over the last 5 years has been abysmal , our game plan is way too defensive & our skill level is not good enough to implement it , its painful to watch & does not suit what stregnths he do have. To compete against the top sides we have to be alot more attacking & move the ball alot quicker so we give our forwards half a chance & start to win alot more clearances as we got smashed against the good teams last year. We seem to recruit players with plenty of g&d but poor foot skills eg. Eddy, Armitage, Jones,Gilbert, & with the exception of Dal & BJ the rest of the team only have average to below average foot skills.If you look at teams like Geelong & the Bulldogs most of the side have great foot skills.Are their skills coaches so much better than ours or do we just recruit players with sloppy skills. I think we can make the 8 but if we play like we did in Brisbane last week even that might be a big ask.I love the saints & will be toasting every win & crying after every loss & its not all doom & gloom but unless we change the game plan or improve our skills dramatically the reality is we wont be top 4 material this year.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Well said Saintly, everything I wanted to say but would take me a week to type. The big problem is the poor recruiting from about 2003. This has made things even more dificult for RL, and left the club a few years behind And the theory that it was ok to play a few players short on the list so that we could save money really is hurting now

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Is there an obvious correlation between these 'negative' saints 'supporters' and terrible English skills??... Some of the spelling and punctuation in this thread is abysmal...

I know my posts aren’t exactly the most eloquent going around, but geez its easy to spot the trolls.... What a laugh....

saintly_safes
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:Is there an obvious correlation between these 'negative' saints 'supporters' and terrible English skills??... Some of the spelling and punctuation in this thread is abysmal...

I know my posts aren’t exactly the most eloquent going around, but geez its easy to spot the trolls.... What a laugh....
Its not that i'm a negative saints supporter it's more that i'm a realist. I give credit where credits due but don't see the point of rewarding mediocrity .Your right my English skills are shite & your also right about your posts.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

We will make top 8, top 4??? not sure, im not looking foward to the next 5 years thats for sure.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Funny that, because I don't think your sorry at all...and I also think that you hope you are right :roll:

BakesFan
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:Foitunately, I reckon we're in with a big chance, now that I've been appointed as forwards coach for 2009.

Image[/list][/list]
When did Mick Dwyer come back as an assistant coach?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:...

I see Bakes is In and under as usual- putting his head on the line.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107