Archies been catching up- Ask A

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Archies been catching up- Ask A

http://www.saintscentral.com.au/Message ... topics&f=2

several answers and lots of info
challenge games and leadership group. interesting :?:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So we play in TimbukfarkingTu after the match at Corruptus Oval, with only Casey Fields the one sensible option.

Really clever Dimwit!

Hi Simon,

We won’t actually know where we will be playing until we are advised by the AFL after each NAB Challenge match. Our second match will be played in either Cairns, Shepparton or Berri on the weekend of March 6-7 and our third match will be played on the Gold Coast, Bunbury, Morwell or Casey Fields on the weekend of March 13-14.

Unless we are advised otherwise, but as soon as we know we will let you know through http://www.saints.com.au.

Go Saints!
Archie

But at least in another post, Archie has a nice dig at Dimwit, bolded below!

Hi Archie,

Would there be a possiblity of NAB challange games being played in our Bayside region?

Our next game is at VISY Park vs Western Bulldogs, no where near either teams supporter bases. Is it possible that in the near future we can somehow use Sandringham or Frankston for these games? At least at these games we can expose the team to the region more, sell memberships etc.

Regards

Hien

Archie_Fraser
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 3:47:15 PM

Hi Hien,

I like the way you’re thinking, but venues for the NAB Regional Challenge were selected by the AFL in late 2008. Venues need to be locked in well ahead of time and given the nature of a knockout competition, it’s impossible to know who will meet who next. It could have been Essendon v Brisbane playing next Friday, but as it turns out, it’s St Kilda v Western Bulldogs. We’d love to promote our Club to the Bayside and Peninsula supporters at any opportunity, but it’s difficult for the league to schedule this in to any pre-season fixture.

It's also logical, so that rules it out too!

Go Saints!
Archie

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

In case you hadnt realised the practice games are designed to give the country people a chance to look at our game. Talk about selfish. We have one game in the city and maybe even 2. We get to see them 16 times at the dome this year. I would think a couple of practice games in other parts of Australia wouldnt hurt.

How would you do it? Play every game in the main cities.

casey scorp
Club Player

archie fraser wrote:Hi Simon,

We won’t actually know where we will be playing until we are advised by the AFL after each NAB Challenge match. Our second match will be played in either Cairns, Shepparton or Berri on the weekend of March 6-7 and our third match will be played on the Gold Coast, Bunbury, Morwell or Casey Fields on the weekend of March 13-14.
On the week of 13-14 March there must surely be other venues than the 4 listed.

There will be 14 teams needing a NAB Challenge match (the other 2 teams being in the NAB Cup final on 14 March).

So I'd say there will be 3 other venues as well.

There will be a minimum of 8 Vic teams needing a Challenge match, so a number of other Vic venues are likely to come on stream (my recollection is that the AFL tries to minimise travel the amount of travel on on that last pre-season hitout).

You would think MFC (if it is not in the NAB final) would get the Casey Fields match v another Vic team as the AFL is obviously supporting the MFC venture into Casey (eg Community Camp held there a couple of weeks ago).

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:In case you hadnt realised the practice games are designed to give the country people a chance to look at our game. Talk about selfish. We have one game in the city and maybe even 2. We get to see them 16 times at the dome this year. I would think a couple of practice games in other parts of Australia wouldnt hurt.

How would you do it? Play every game in the main cities.
I'd prefer them to be in the cities and yes I'm selfish sorry about that plugger!

Anyway, an idea could be a praccy game in Kinglake, if they have a decent enough surface, not burnt etc, as yet another fundraiser.