Some Moorabbin Wing information for 2009!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Some Moorabbin Wing information for 2009!!!

Hello everyone!!

Yes, its only 5 weeks to Round One believe it or not..where did the pre-season go??

There are a couple of issues I need to discuss with you all

Firstly, as you would be aware, Telstra Dome is to be named Etihad Stadium on March 1st..and several of our Moorabbin Wing signs have "Telstra Dome" on them. So , we need a few new signs to incorporate with the ones we already have that we can use....so I thought Id appeal to any budding graphics experts out there to come up with something! It would be a big bonus if you have access to a printer that would do A3 size...the bigger the better!! Also, if you can laminate them or know someone who can, that would be great. They need to say "Moorabbin Wing" in a large clear font (we want them legible from as far away as possible!) .using any two colours of RW&B...or perhaps use all 3 colours and have a border!!
If you can help out or have ideas for posters, PM me and we can discuss it further. They obviously need to be ready by Round 1

Now..onto the season itself.

There's one game in the 1st half of the season that we are going to have to pre-plan some time in advance. Yes its the Round 7 game against Collingwood, on MONDAY Night, May 11th (I think the bounce is at 7.20)
I spoke to Telstra Dome today..and as its Collingwood's home game we have to vacate our traditional Moorabbin Wing home, as Collingwood have huge areas of all 3 Levels set aside for their Reserved Seat holders, including Aisle 35 Level 3.
After speaking to TD staff, I feel our best option is to do what we did for Round 22 last year i.e.. occupy a bay of seats next our Cheer Squad at the Lockett (Northern) end of the ground. The only other options are the back half of Bays on Level 3, where we could well be surrounded by Pies fans anyway
These seats on Level 1 we can use go on sale to the public on March 2nd, so I need to know before then roughly how many people are interested so I can advise the stadium a rough figure to set aside for us. Please note its NOT a firm commitment to buy tickets at this stage, just an expression of interest so I can get some numbers to TD
The cost?? Well I've been told that the seat charges have not gone up from 2008 prices, however Ticketmaster's fees have risen a little. Ill have the exact charges soon but here are the 2008 prices as a guide..(all inclusive)

16 game Members
Adult / Conc $23.05
Children (14 and under) $7.70

11 game Members / Non-members
Adult $42.05
Conc $34.55
Children (6-14) $9.90
" (Under 6) $7.70

So if you are interested in sitting there, please PM me over the next week or so with an approximate number of tickets you'd need . Again, there's no commitment or money required at this early stage. Its just for a rough figure...and I don't require Membership No's or categories at this stage either
Just one other thing . As always when we play the Pies, Id ask you to be respectful of the others in the group if you are considering inviting Pies supporters. Whilst I'm loathe to separate families, many folk book these tickets specifically to sit with Saints fans, and that seems to count double when we play Collingwood!! I think I speak for everyone when I say that we'd love it to be as close to 100% Sainter as humanly possible. If your group is "mixed" there are many other seating options on the night.

Cheers

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
RoseInOz
Club Player

I could probably do some graphics for you, but as I am in Queensland have no way of getting them printed and laminated and down to Victoria.
If some-one is willing to do that bit I can design the graphicsand email them.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

RoseInOz wrote:I could probably do some graphics for you, but as I am in Queensland have no way of getting them printed and laminated and down to Victoria.
If some-one is willing to do that bit I can design the graphicsand email them.
That would be great Rose...feel free to whip up a design or two...you can email to me as a Jpeg and we can take care of the printing down here :-)

Thank you

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

just clarifying- is the cheersquad definitely going to be at the Lockett end?

it's rare we play the Pie away at the Dome- Probably never- so which end have they elected?

did the stadium have any early indications of numbers for this game-?- I know they do a pre game guesstimate but don't know how far out.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:just clarifying- is the cheersquad definitely going to be at the Lockett end?

it's rare we play the Pie away at the Dome- Probably never- so which end have they elected?

did the stadium have any early indications of numbers for this game-?- I know they do a pre game guesstimate but don't know how far out.
Its all good Bratty...Ive spoken to TD/ES..Collingwood are what they call a "South end side" ie their CS are at the Coventry end.

No crowd estimates yet as no tickets are on sale and wont be til the 2nd March

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

*bump*

around 20 people have expressed interest so far..PM me if you are interested :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:just clarifying- is the cheersquad definitely going to be at the Lockett end?

when we play at the dome the CS always sit La Trobe st, and sometimes for away games depending on who we are playing.
whe the Pies have a home game there they always sit Nandos end, and as it is their home they pick where they sit, so we get our end and they get theirs.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just an update:

Based on last years Round 22 booking and the interest shown so far...I have arranged with Docklands (see I can ignore the name too!!) ticketing to put aside 7 rows of seats for in the Bay next to our CS . Thats 128 seats.

tthere will be a new thread shortly taking formal bookings for this game..theres no great rush but it is first in best dressed on the seating.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The Craw
Club Player

Just off the topic saint66au, what about renaming the Moorabbin Wing and calling it the Harvey wing being that it is aisle 35 that we sit in. Just a thought.

Not Craw, CRAW!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

You arent the first person to mention the idea Craw..in fact the original mooted name of the MW back in the dark mists of 2002 was the Robert Harvey Moorabbin Wing..and Aisle 35 was selected because of Banger.

Sadly, I have a suspicion that some narrow-minded types may well have reservations given his new employers..sad but true.

Possibly a touch late to orchestrate for the new season (signs to change, publicity to arrange etc) but will certainly throw the idea out there!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor