Pre season matches to come..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Pre season matches to come..

On Saturday night we played three rookies, Dawson, Miles, and Howard. I saw the intra club practise match and the only rookies to shine were Sam McGarry and Ross Tungatalum, who kicked nearly the entire score for the white team. I hope all of our first year and second year recruits and the rookies get a go in the remaining pre season matches. None of Dawson, Miles, or Howard did enough to be considered for promotion. Perhaps one of the others might.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pre season matches to come..

borderbarry wrote:On Saturday night we played three rookies, Dawson, Miles, and Howard. I saw the intra club practise match and the only rookies to shine were Sam McGarry and Ross Tungatalum, who kicked nearly the entire score for the white team. I hope all of our first year and second year recruits and the rookies get a go in the remaining pre season matches. None of Dawson, Miles, or Howard did enough to be considered for promotion. Perhaps one of the others might.
Pretty sure Dawson will play round one.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:On Saturday night we played three rookies, Dawson, Miles, and Howard. I saw the intra club practise match and the only rookies to shine were Sam McGarry and Ross Tungatalum, who kicked nearly the entire score for the white team. I hope all of our first year and second year recruits and the rookies get a go in the remaining pre season matches. None of Dawson, Miles, or Howard did enough to be considered for promotion. Perhaps one of the others might.
and who will be put on the long term injury list?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
huh?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
and who will be put on the long term injury list?
I would think Allen and Dempster will be on long term injury list.
However, I don't think Dawson will play round 1.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

plugger66 wrote:
More sarcasm?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
More sarcasm?
No not at all. i just have a slight feeling. In one way i hope i am wrong as that probably means Max isnt ready.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I would hope that 2 of Maxie, Blake or Goose would be unavailable before we turned to Dawson. There is potential there, but he's not ready yet. I suppose we'll see how keen the coaches are to get Chips in the midfield...