Family Day

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Family Day

Anybody know where and when this will be held.

I am hoping Moorabbin as it would be nice to allow us the fans to say goodbye.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Family Day

3rd generation saint wrote:Anybody know where and when this will be held.

It would be impossible to have it at Moorabbin with the demolition works.

It on Sunday the 15th of March between 11am to 2pm

At Frankston Park, Young Street Frankston

Admission: Free

PS...

Bring your membership and your Social Club or Reserved Seat voucher to collect your Scarf and Cap

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Airshow that day

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

PS...

Bring your membership and your Social Club or Reserved Seat voucher to collect your Scarf and Cap
Frankston can kiss my arse.

St Kilda family day = Crap fest with limited access to players and autographs. Aka St Kilda Stand in a cue Day.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Agree Spinner, what's this with this Frankston bullshyte, we are a SEAFORD club lol!!!

If they had any brains the Family Day would be at Trevor Barker Oval, to celebrate our new Sandy alliance, not outer Melbourne!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

PS...

Frankston can kiss my arse.

St Kilda family day = Crap fest with limited access to players and autographs. Aka St Kilda Stand in a cue Day.
I gather you don't have kids or your children are too old for that stuff...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Agree Spinner, what's this with this Frankston bullshyte, we are a SEAFORD club lol!!!

If they had any brains the Family Day would be at Trevor Barker Oval, to celebrate our new Sandy alliance, not outer Melbourne!
You must have very little idea in promotion......

Seaford is part of the Frankston Municipulity, it's about marketing to our new training facility and not about marketing our allegiance with Sandringham

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Agree Spinner, what's this with this Frankston bullshyte, we are a SEAFORD club lol!!!

Seaford is part of the Frankston Municipulity, it's about marketing to our new training facility and not about marketing our allegiance with Sandringham
Great, market to Franganistan, stuff all other supporters.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Great, market to Franganistan, stuff all other supporters.
Yes, it's inconvenient for some, but a lot of Stkilda supporters live along the Frankston train line area and we will be relocating to Seaford so it's a ideal place for promoting the club to be continuely making links with the population down that way.

Go saints in '09!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:Yes, it's inconvenient for some, but a lot of Stkilda supporters live along the Frankston train line area and we will be relocating to Seaford so it's a ideal place for promoting the club to be continuely making links with the population down that way.
More than "a lot" of Saints supporters don't live on that line. Many live in the northern and eastern suburbs and will no longer be bothered going to the family day. The result will be fewer kids following the Saints in the future.

I know of many families that used to go to family days at Moorabbin, but did not go last year because it was too far. Their kids will no longer have the enthusiasm to follow the Saints.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:Yes, it's inconvenient for some, but a lot of Stkilda supporters live along the Frankston train line area and we will be relocating to Seaford so it's a ideal place for promoting the club to be continuely making links with the population down that way.
More than "a lot" of Saints supporters don't live on that line. Many live in the northern and eastern suburbs and will no longer be bothered going to the family day. The result will be fewer kids following the Saints in the future.

I know of many families that used to go to family days at Moorabbin, but did not go last year because it was too far. Their kids will no longer have the enthusiasm to follow the Saints.
Oh yes of course it's too far for people even outer the melbourne area!! Definitely of course you win some, you lose some. It's very difficult to please every supporter with where you stage the event.

Go saints in '09!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Oh yes of course it's too far for people even outer the melbourne area!! Definitely of course you win some, you lose some. It's very difficult to please every supporter with where you stage the event.

I live in Essendon - 15 minutes by car from the city.....Yet I feel as if i barrack for Adelaide or some other interstate club.

The Family days are a joke anyway.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Yet nobody seems to mind these St Kilda supporters making the trek into the city from Frankston & surrounds each week. :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Unless anyone has the actual percentages of where the majority of saints supporters live, I guess it is pointless to argue which location suits the majority...

Saints43
Club Player

I think the Family Day should be held in Flemington this year. When I get the train to the dome I sometimes see other Saints supporters going to the game too.

midas_touch
Club Player

Don't think I'll be going this year, I couldn't even take shots on goal last year since they were always running kiddie clinics at both goals.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
esaint66
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:I think the Family Day should be held in Flemington this year. When I get the train to the dome I sometimes see other Saints supporters going to the game too.

Well i saw a Saints supporter when i used to live in New Zealand :roll: :roll:

Saints43
Club Player

esaint66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:I think the Family Day should be held in Flemington this year. When I get the train to the dome I sometimes see other Saints supporters going to the game too.

Well i saw a Saints supporter when i used to live in New Zealand :roll: :roll:
Did you live in New Zealand? Doesn't show.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I live on the paki line so it's a real pain for me either way, but I'm confident that the club know what they are doing. As for all the people complaining about it now being too far away for them, think about people like us in the outer suburbs who have had to slog it through for years... I was really hoping for us to move to Cranny... :cry:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I live on the paki line so it's a real pain for me either way, but I'm confident that the club know what they are doing. As for all the people complaining about it now being too far away for them, think about people like us in the outer suburbs who have had to slog it through for years... I was really hoping for us to move to Cranny... :cry:
If you don't have a car, there would be a bus from Cranbourne to Frankston

In any case if we were still at Moorabbin, just how did you get there in the past?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Would have gone but for the air show.

And the distance wouldn't have worried me at all, as long as we are eventually set up with elite facilities.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I live on the paki line so it's a real pain for me either way, but I'm confident that the club know what they are doing. As for all the people complaining about it now being too far away for them, think about people like us in the outer suburbs who have had to slog it through for years... I was really hoping for us to move to Cranny... :cry:
If you don't have a car, there would be a bus from Cranbourne to Frankston

In any case if we were still at Moorabbin, just how did you get there in the past?
I live in Berwick so I have always had to get a train to caulfield and then get a train to Moorabbin from there.

Cranny would be a lot easier because I could just get a lift down but I don't know anybody generous enough with their time to go down to Moorabbin :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:45am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
casey scorp
Club Player

It should be held at Belvedere Park - the place of the future - not at Frankston Park which is a reminder of a forgettable step in the transition from Moorabbin to a bright new future at Seaford.