The New Away Strip

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

The New Away Strip

I just loved it, and the negative suggestions in the past about it are just amazing IMO.

I just can't believe posters that value tradition were opposed to it.

GO FIGURE!

Suck it up, it embraces tradition and this away strip is a winner

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

sorry.
i hated it
the 07/08 clash looks better. for some reason that just doesnt look right.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Clear winner for me! Lets hope we see this strip for seasons to come.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Re: The New Away Strip

St Fidelius wrote:I just loved it, and the negative suggestions in the past about it are just amazing IMO.
I thought it looked terrible when Roo modeled it with the draft picks. Looked much better tonight. Now I just need hypnosis to forget the faded apron ever existed.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

its much better. 07 and 08 strip was terrible, and plainly, just insulting.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I am on border line, im not sure if i like it or hate it

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Really didnt like it personally, way, way too much white, not enough red and black.

avid
Club Player

It's almost OK, but those thin little stripes down the side are irritating and embarrassing.
Why couldn't they just keep the traditional R,W+B front the same, and have a white back for clash games and a black back for the rest? (And the white or black shorts, sock tops, etc) That would look awesome, and fresh, and historical too, each and every time.
No one ever gets our front confused -- it's the black back that may be a problem on occasion. Stop tinkering. Be straightforward.
(That goes for the game plan too.)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:It's almost OK, but those thin little stripes down the side are irritating and embarrassing.
Why couldn't they just keep the traditional R,W+B front the same, and have a white back for clash games and a black back for the rest? (And the white or black shorts, sock tops, etc) That would look awesome, and fresh, and historical too, each and every time.
No one ever gets our front confused -- it's the black back that may be a problem on occasion. Stop tinkering. Be straightforward.
The reason is that the AFL has stated that the away strip has to be predominately white, hence the traditional strip from an era in the past (from the forties (I think), where they even wore white in the long sleeves)

I still think that no one will get our front confused and it is based on a traditional jumper from the past.

Anyway, each to their own, but I think the Club has done will with this one, and a vast improvement on last years effort

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Really didnt like it personally, way, way too much white, not enough red and black.
you're kidding right???

Last years away strip was just about all white...

The reason for the away strip is to have a predominantly white strip, (as directed by the AFL) and the Club has embraced that with a previous strip from the past...

"Too much white"??? ...

You obviously have forgotten last years effort :roll:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

What part of having a guerseny predominately white don't people understand. The main colour has to be white for a clash jumper. Thats not going to change, get over it.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:It's almost OK, but those thin little stripes down the side are irritating and embarrassing.
Agree entirely, while it is an improvement on last years, what wouldn't be, it still sucks big time!

Our traditional home jumper with a white back is still predominantly white and clashes with noone!

There is no need for the white slab at the front to be so wide, it just looks terrible!

Can the current board get anything right?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Barks, the AFL dictate by percentage how much of the front and back have to be white. The club must work within those parameters.

The board has nothing to do with it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Barks, the AFL dictate by percentage how much of the front and back have to be white. The club must work within those parameters.

He would find a reason to have a go at the board even if we won the flag.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I didn't like it when it was first announced either, but it looked great last night.... a winner for mine.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The away strip is excellent!

St Loxton
Club Player

i liked it. Looked kinda like our chests were puffed out stretching the centre white strip. Could have put a superman logo in the centre.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St DAC wrote:Barks, the AFL dictate by percentage how much of the front and back have to be white. The club must work within those parameters.

Too right, b4e's agenda is becoming boring.

The club has chosen a strip that has some history behind it, yet b4e's love for tradition is overpowered by his hatred for the current board.

Get the F*** over it b4e :roll:

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

The white strip at the front is far too wide which looks ridiculous & it looks horribly distorted.
I'm sure the traditional front with everything else white would have complied with the AFLs requirements.
& it would've looked great!
The Saints have 'dropped the ball' again on this issue IMO

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I liked it. It's no candy stripe but it's better than any other clash or preseason strip we have had.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote: I'm sure the traditional front with everything else white would have complied with the AFLs requirements.
No chance. Why are you 'sure' of it? Surely that would have been the first thing pitched to the AFL by the club.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Have a look at Collingwoods clash strip, They didn't have to compromise their stripes to the point of looking ridiculous and yet it still complies & looks good. (for a Collingwood jumper that is)

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:The white strip at the front is far too wide which looks ridiculous & it looks horribly distorted.
I'm sure the traditional front with everything else white would have complied with the AFLs requirements.
Exactly, agree 100%!

Can anyone explain to me how our traditional home jumper with a white back would clash with anyone, as it is still predominantly white?

There is absolutely no need for the wide white panel at the front, it looks fair dinkum awful!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:The white strip at the front is far too wide which looks ridiculous & it looks horribly distorted.
Exactly, agree 100%!

Can anyone explain to me how our traditional home jumper with a white back would clash with anyone, as it is still predominantly white?

There is absolutely no need for the wide white panel at the front, it looks fair dinkum awful!
disagree it looks quite impressive and is a major improvement from the problem that was last years'

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Yes, but we obviously can't wim a flag wearing a jumper like that. :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.