The New Away Strip

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Within the parameters that the AFL gave us, I think its a bloody good design effort. It gets my vote.

As for a good design effort :roll: FAIR DINKUM all that happened was our tradtional tri panels got bastardized and they got the idea off Saintsational, anyways :roll:
Welcome back young Farekh.

So now Saintsational IS the voice of the people!

Make up your mind. So they listen to the supporters and they stuff up??

You running for the board this year? Got the balls?

Surely you must have been an Oppostion Leader in a past life, and were sent to this life to punish us mere mortals. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Within the parameters that the AFL gave us, I think its a bloody good design effort. It gets my vote.
Do you know specifically what these parameters are?

The only thing I've ever heard mentioned is that it must be pre-dominantly white!

Our traditional home panel jumper with a white back would also be pre-dominantly white and would not clash with any other club!

How much did Collingwood have to change their jumper?

How much better would it look if we only changed the back of the jumper!

Even that would be more of a change than what Collingwood offered up and their jumper was given the green light!

The wide white panel at the front looks about as good as a hungover Amanda Vanstone, first thing in the morning!

As for a good design effort :roll: FAIR DINKUM all that happened was our tradtional tri panels got bastardized and they got the idea off Saintsational, anyways :roll:
I would be good to compare the current clash jumper with a mock-up of B4's suggestion. I think we are committed to two years with the current jumper anyway.

If the club pinched the idea off SS, then it was a good design idea on SS.

I like it anyway. I might like B4s suggestion more, but I haven't seen it in action.

You should lay off Amanda B4..... she speaks very highly of you. :wink:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I really like teh new clash jumper. It looks like a St Kilda football jumper not some training shirt/basketball jersey like the last effort.

I for one will be picking one up.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
I would be good to compare the current clash jumper with a mock-up of B4's suggestion. I think we are committed to two years with the current jumper anyway.

I like it anyway. I might like B4s suggestion more, but I haven't seen it in action.

What's there to mock up?

We've all seen the home jumper, just make the back white, it doesn't take much imagination, way too much imagination for the current board, but that's hardly surprising!

Besides as it is, with the white panel being so much bigger than the red and black panels, surely this is not only implied racism but political discrimination as well!

This harks back to white Australia policies and the old reds under the bed, the blacks and reds being treated like oppressed minorities with the whites taking a bigger slice than they richly deserve, at the expense of the blacks and reds!

Quite frankly, I'm appalled our club would stoop so low and if it is an innocent mistake and they are by some chance completely unaware of the implied racism that the new clash jumper evokes, then with this now having been brought to their attention, I expect the appropriate modifications to be done and our new clash jumper to be nothing more, nothing less than our home jumper with a white back, which has all three panels on the front of the jumper exactly the same size!

Surely you would agree with this?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

What's there to mock up?

We've all seen the home jumper, just make the back white, it doesn't take much imagination, way too much imagination for the current board, but that's hardly surprising!

Besides as it is, with the white panel being so much bigger than the red and black panels, surely this is not only implied racism but political discrimination as well!

This harks back to white Australia policies and the old reds under the bed, the blacks and reds being treated like oppressed minorities with the whites taking a bigger slice than they richly deserve, at the expense of the blacks and reds!

Quite frankly, I'm appalled our club would stoop so low and if it is an innocent mistake and they are by some chance completely unaware of the implied racism that the new clash jumper evokes, then with this now having been brought to their attention, I expect the appropriate modifications to be done and our new clash jumper to be nothing more, nothing less than our home jumper with a white back, which has all three panels on the front of the jumper exactly the same size!

i think this post sums you up as a piss-taker and not serious about any issues relating to st.kilda at all

thank you now i know that i don't need to take your posts to heart anymore and can chuckle at the random nature

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
Not if you're a redneck.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
redemption

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

What's there to mock up?

i think this post sums you up as a piss-taker and not serious about any issues relating to st.kilda at all

thank you now i know that i don't need to take your posts to heart anymore and can chuckle at the random nature
yep - got it in one I think SP08. B4E must be angry at every administraion of this Club, as this is not a new clash jumper, it was our home jumper in the 50's - so he's been angry for a very long time...

st_nick
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:The main colour has to be white for a clash jumper. Thats not going to change, get over it.
Which explains why Melbourne's new clash jumper looks like it does perfectly. Nice consistency there, AFL.

PS. Not having a go at you, Bev. Just using your quote to help prove a point.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
bethb7 wrote:I didn't mind the jumper so much, but to me it should have be worn with black shorts even out the colouring. But better than last years jumper that was hideous

I'm fine with it. Looks like a St Kilda jumper still, unlike some of the other teams
Except from the back Michael then it could be Freo :roll:

An improvement on last year but no need for the completly white back...red and black to the same degree on the back would have satisfied the predominately white fraternity[bless their cowtowing little cotton socks :roll: ] and looked even better.

Close but no cigar in my humble opinion :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
bozza1980
Club Player

For what it's worth, I actually liked it.

I hated the photos of Riewoldt when it was launched, and I have to admit it took a little getting used to on Saturday night but once I got over the initial shock I really did like it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

st_nick wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:The main colour has to be white for a clash jumper. Thats not going to change, get over it.
Which explains why Melbourne's new clash jumper looks like it does perfectly. Nice consistency there, AFL.

PS. Not having a go at you, Bev. Just using your quote to help prove a point.
Doesnt have to be white...has to be the lightest of your Club colours...

What weve done is pretty much what Carlton and the Bulldogs have....used a "negative" image of our home strip..albeit yes we have narrowed our red/black panels a little.

Far better that IMHO than some of the Godawful strips that look like theyve been designed by Ken Done on an acid trip. I cant begin to tell you how much I hate stylised cartoon/charactature (sp?) pictures on football jumpers...(closely followed by claw marks and lightning bolts!)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah they got the idea of Saintsational.

I made up a mock strip a couple of years ago and sent a whole lot of them into the club.

The training tops last year (the GT stripe singlets), our current training jumper (My avatar) and the current clash jumper were all apart of the designs I sent in.

I Emailed Archie about getting a freebie of my avatar jumper and he claimed that it was ISC's idea... Which is strange considering I sent the designs directly to him... I think he'll say anything to save a few bucks :lol: :lol:

At the very least we know that ISC listen to Saintsational, at best the club do. I have said this countless times but I will say it again, I will not rest until the design in my current avatar is our official clash jumper.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Yeah they got the idea of Saintsational.

I made up a mock strip a couple of years ago and sent a whole lot of them into the club.

The training tops last year (the GT stripe singlets), our current training jumper (My avatar) and the current clash jumper were all apart of the designs I sent in.

I Emailed Archie about getting a freebie of my avatar jumper and he claimed that it was ISC's idea... Which is strange considering I sent the designs directly to him... I think he'll say anything to save a few bucks :lol: :lol:

At the very least we know that ISC listen to Saintsational, at best the club do. I have said this countless times but I will say it again, I will not rest until the design in my current avatar is our official clash jumper.
Go Armooo - I like the strong symbolic nature of the Cross.....and we should be cross at the cr@p weve seen previously.

As for the current strip - nup for me. Stressed home jumper is about all I can think.

We can do better with the BEST colors getting round.

Keep on em Armoo........

“Yeah….nah””
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:46am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:46am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:

Go Armooo - I like the strong symbolic nature of the Cross.....and we should be cross at the cr@p weve seen previously.

As for the current strip - nup for me. Stressed home jumper is about all I can think.

We can do better with the BEST colors getting round.

Keep on em Armoo........
forget it boys.. you'll never see a jumper with a predominant cross... coz it will offend our ever growing Aetheist supporter base... such as Joffaboy. :lol: :lol:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

aussierules0k wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St DAC wrote:Barks, the AFL dictate by percentage how much of the front and back have to be white. The club must work within those parameters.

The board has nothing to do with it.
He would find a reason to have a go at the board even if we won the flag.
Too right, b4e's agenda is becoming boring.

The club has chosen a strip that has some history behind it, yet b4e's love for tradition is overpowered by his hatred for the current board.

Get the F*** over it b4e :roll:
Hey St.Fid, this attack dog role you've decided on is extremely boring.
I for one am sick of the :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Lighten up dude, fair dinkum.
And DROP the FARKS. My pet hate atm :roll: :roll: :roll:

First page of 3.... shall I bother to read on? What's the thread about again ... yeah right the away strip.

" the AFL dictate by percentage how much of the front and back have to be white. The club must work within those parameters."

hahaha who says, tell that to the 2 most powerful clubs in the league. The AFL dictates to us - cos we let them. I'd like to see the AFL try and kick us out of the comp. Aint gonna happen. Check out what happened when ARL kicked out Sth Sydney. :)
Go easy on him mate... male menopause can't be fun. :lol: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Armo, without wanting to offend, IMO, the only serious option that should be considered, given the AFL criteria is our home jumper with a white back!

There is absolutely no need for a white panel as wide as the Grand Canyon!

How much tinkering did Collingwood have to do?

All they did was change the predominantly black back to white, whereas we would be changing the entire black back to white, while maintaining our home jumper at the front, WHICH BY THE WAY CLASHES WITH NO OTHER CLUB!

Who are ISC?

Did the current board really hire outside professionals ( how many dollars spent ? ) to come up with this new clash jumper?

And if so :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FAIR DINKUM!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Armo, without wanting to offend, IMO, the only serious option that should be considered, given the AFL criteria is our home jumper with a white back!

All they did was change the predominantly black back to white, whereas we would be changing the entire black back to white, while maintaining our home jumper at the front, WHICH BY THE WAY CLASHES WITH NO OTHER CLUB!

Who are ISC?

Did the current board really hire outside professionals ( how many dollars spent ? ) to come up with this new clash jumper?

FAIR DINKUM!
Hey surge how did the previous clash jumper look or it that the current board's fault.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Who are ISC?

FAIR DINKUM!
I personally think going the home jumper with the white back is a very bad idea, I think we are wasting a very valuble opportunity to make a lot of money.

You can stay true to your heritage with your home jumper, you can use the clash jumper to bring in some $$$.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

I think a White-backed version of our traditional jumper would easily become the most popular clash strip of all if it were made available.
Its kind of a negetive version of what we already have ( and love)
This style has been a proven hit with Carlton & Bulldog supporters as their clubs have done exactly that.
Every second kid who barracks for those sides are wearing their clash strip at the footy. Even the mascots.
A very clever move by those clubs who have tapped into the hearts of their fans and given them what they want.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Really didnt like it personally, way, way too much white, not enough red and black.
Exactly. Not good. We're not Real Madrid.

It's too wide and while a step up from the dreaded Faded Apron, I still don't see why the club can't come up with an acceptable away kit in consultation with supporters.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

No1_Saint
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:The white strip at the front is far too wide which looks ridiculous & it looks horribly distorted.
I'm sure the traditional front with everything else white would have complied with the AFLs requirements.
& it would've looked great!
The Saints have 'dropped the ball' again on this issue IMO
Exactly, agree 100%!

Can anyone explain to me how our traditional home jumper with a white back would clash with anyone, as it is still predominantly white?

There is absolutely no need for the wide white panel at the front, it looks fair dinkum awful!
I agree...a total mess again. How is it they can change the strip again and again without proper audited feedback from the supporters. :evil:

GrumpyOne

No1_Saint wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:The white strip at the front is far too wide which looks ridiculous & it looks horribly distorted.
I'm sure the traditional front with everything else white would have complied with the AFLs requirements.
& it would've looked great!
The Saints have 'dropped the ball' again on this issue IMO
Exactly, agree 100%!

Can anyone explain to me how our traditional home jumper with a white back would clash with anyone, as it is still predominantly white?

There is absolutely no need for the wide white panel at the front, it looks fair dinkum awful!
I agree...a total mess again. How is it they can change the strip again and again without proper audited feedback from the supporters. :evil:
Strange.

You get posters saying that they stole the design off SS, and others saying there was no consultation with the supporter base.

By the sound of it, the AFL criteria was that strict about the amount of white on the jumper, you were never really going to get anything different.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Strange.

You get posters saying that they stole the design off SS, and others saying there was no consultation with the supporter base.
Even stranger!

Do you really need it explained to you, what the actual differential is here?

Even if it was one of thirty different options someone posted here, THERE WAS ZERO CONSULTATION WITH THE MEMBERS AS TO WHAT A PREFFERED OPTION MIGHT BE!

Any decision the club arrived at was done by a couple of board members, NOT WE THE MEMBERS!

Do you understand this or should I put it in braille?

Besides,GO surely you can see the implied racism of the current clash jumper with the white panel being so much bigger than the black one, it surprises me that you're not up in arms, demanding it be changed immediately!

Besides