The New Away Strip

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bethb7
Club Player

I didn't mind the jumper so much, but to me it should have be worn with black shorts even out the colouring. But better than last years jumper that was hideous

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

bethb7 wrote:I didn't mind the jumper so much, but to me it should have be worn with black shorts even out the colouring. But better than last years jumper that was hideous
The whole point of the strip as a whole is to be predominantly white...black shorts would just make it clash more, as it will be only worn during away games. when the other team will most likely be wearing black (or dark) shorts.

I'm fine with it. Looks like a St Kilda jumper still, unlike some of the other teams

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Duggie1
Club Player

What I saw last night at Carrara will do me. So I will love it for the rest of the season then await another change (that's raw sarcasm of course) :lol:

Always a Saint
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think the club has really picked a winner with this one. It meets all the AFL criteria (that's more important than many think) and maintains our traditional RED, WHITE & BLACK panels. !!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:I think the club has really picked a winner with this one. It meets all the AFL criteria (that's more important than many think) and maintains our traditional RED, WHITE & BLACK panels. !!
I disagree. Westaway made a bad decision. It shows yet again that this club has no concept of tradition. Sack everyone.

Great jumper BTW. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Phew !!

For a minute there WJ I thought you had been drinking someone else's bath water !!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:Phew !!

For a minute there WJ I thought you had been drinking someone else's bath water !!
:lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

It'a pretty good for a clash jumper but please tell me we're not wearing this as a permanent away jumper? We can easily avoid clashes with everyone but Essendon and maybe Collingwood while wearing our traditional jumper. I've got no problem with it for the pre season/clashes, but wearing it 11 times in the H&A season is excessive

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Clash jumper is brilliant. Swap it for the original if it will give us a flag.
Go Saints

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:Clash jumper is brilliant. Swap it for the original if it will give us a flag.
Go Saints
your joking?
if i ever live to see the saints win a premiership, and they hold the cup up in jumper but the home one i will kill someone. every bloody jumper the club designs looks worse than dried up cow sh!t!
my mate wanted to know if we were wearing that jumper last night for one of our bushfire things we are doing to raise money, when i told him its a clash jumper he couldnt stop laughing. either could i actually, its sh!t

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
markp
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Longwayfromhome wrote:Clash jumper is brilliant. Swap it for the original if it will give us a flag.
Go Saints
your joking?
if i ever live to see the saints win a premiership, and they hold the cup up in jumper but the home one i will kill someone. every bloody jumper the club designs looks worse than dried up cow sh!t!
my mate wanted to know if we were wearing that jumper last night for one of our bushfire things we are doing to raise money, when i told him its a clash jumper he couldnt stop laughing. either could i actually, its sh!t
Funny, similar thing happened to me about our CS... Woooooo wooooo.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Actually thought the away strip looked pretty good, compared with last years!!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think this thread has summed it up well, it couldn't get worse than last years monstrosity...

I'm still upset they are only using mine as a training jumper :cry:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Go Saints
your joking?
Mate when we lift the premiership cup i wont care if the entire team are kitted out as FranknFurter from the Rocky Horror Show 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

As long as our captain isn't wearing a black & white jumper when he holds up the premiership cup, I'll be happy.
I don't mind the new design. I might buy one. I refused to buy the apron.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

All in All with the requirement of having predominately white front and back, this strip is a winner.

But I just still can't get over Essendon getting away with what they wear, and in their away game last year they just wore their normal strip.

It does p1ss me off that these rules apply to some and not to all, but the strip is a good one IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SaintDebi
Club Player

I like it, but that might be a bad sign, 'cos I actually quite liked that yellow "hot cross bun" strip too! Yeah, I know, I know...... Sorry!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
avid wrote:It's almost OK, but those thin little stripes down the side are irritating and embarrassing.
Why couldn't they just keep the traditional R,W+B front the same, and have a white back for clash games and a black back for the rest? (And the white or black shorts, sock tops, etc) That would look awesome, and fresh, and historical too, each and every time.
No one ever gets our front confused -- it's the black back that may be a problem on occasion. Stop tinkering. Be straightforward.
(That goes for the game plan too.)
Agree entirely, while it is an improvement on last years, what wouldn't be, it still sucks big time!

Our traditional home jumper with a white back is still predominantly white and clashes with noone!

There is no need for the white slab at the front to be so wide, it just looks terrible!

Can the current board get anything right?
Barks apparently it loooks awesome in Frankston.... :wink:

It is better than last years debarcle.......but so is a toga.

“Yeah….nah””
avid
Club Player

St DAC wrote:Barks, the AFL dictate by percentage how much of the front and back have to be white. The club must work within those parameters.

The board has nothing to do with it.
What the board has to do with it is that it didn't have the insight or the balls to argue forcefully against the AFL dictate. Eddie McGuire achieved an excellent result for Collingwood by being a stubborn d**khead. Why couldn't we hold to the core values too -- the real red white and black front, and what surely must be an acceptable variation of a white back, shorts, etc.

The skimpy little side panels look ridiculous. They make the players look fat -- like a way, way too small waistcoat that won't do up.
(Slightly better than last year's basketball singlet admittedly.)

avid
Club Player

Hey I've just discovered that two little asterisks come up automatically in a rude word I shouldn't have used just then! (Not rude enough for Everywhere Eddie by any means.)
I was wondering why everbody else seemed to write their posts with such censorious politeness.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:
St DAC wrote:Barks, the AFL dictate by percentage how much of the front and back have to be white. The club must work within those parameters.

What the board has to do with it is that it didn't have the insight or the balls to argue forcefully against the AFL dictate. Eddie McGuire achieved an excellent result for Collingwood by being a stubborn d**khead. Why couldn't we hold to the core values too -- the real red white and black front, and what surely must be an acceptable variation of a white back, shorts, etc.

The skimpy little side panels look ridiculous. They make the players look fat -- like a way, way too small waistcoat that won't do up.
Avid, you summed up my thoughts perfectly!

Our clash jumper should be exactly the same as our home jumper except for a white back, this would not clash with any other AFL jumper, is far more aesthetically pleasing and maintains our traditional panels!

The white panel at the front is about as wide as the Grand Canyon and looks fair dinkum terrible!

Anything would be an improvement on their previous two years, but once again, the board have stuffed it up.

How simple is it to just keep our home jumper and change the back to white, if it's good enough for Collingwood, then it's good enough for us!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
avid wrote:

Avid, you summed up my thoughts perfectly!

Our clash jumper should be exactly the same as our home jumper except for a white back, this would not clash with any other AFL jumper, is far more aesthetically pleasing and maintains our traditional panels!

The white panel at the front is about as wide as the Grand Canyon and looks fair dinkum terrible!

Anything would be an improvement on their previous two years, but once again, the board have stuffed it up.

How simple is it to just keep our home jumper and change the back to white, if it's good enough for Collingwood, then it's good enough for us!
your mother stuffed up

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
GrumpyOne

Within the parameters that the AFL gave us, I think its a bloody good design effort. It gets my vote.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

We have given all of our jumpers nicknames over the years, for example, "The hot cross bun" , "The Candy stripe" ,"The Yellow peril", "The (acid washed) apron/Basketball singlet", etc.
What will we call this latest edition?
"The fat jumper" perhaps?
One things for sure. It couldn't be called "The Right Choice" jumper.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Within the parameters that the AFL gave us, I think its a bloody good design effort. It gets my vote.
Do you know specifically what these parameters are?

The only thing I've ever heard mentioned is that it must be pre-dominantly white!

Our traditional home panel jumper with a white back would also be pre-dominantly white and would not clash with any other club!

How much did Collingwood have to change their jumper?

How much better would it look if we only changed the back of the jumper!

Even that would be more of a change than what Collingwood offered up and their jumper was given the green light!

The wide white panel at the front looks about as good as a hungover Amanda Vanstone, first thing in the morning!

As for a good design effort :roll: FAIR DINKUM all that happened was our tradtional tri panels got bastardized and they got the idea off Saintsational, anyways :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.