Wheres the justice

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly_safes
Club Player

Wheres the justice

whats going on with the umpiring? that decision in the last quater was the worst ive ever seen "even the guy holding the ball thought he was gone ".Were we getting too close & that wasnt the out come the afl wanted to see in our "national competion " their credability is a joke, we have to stand up or we will be bent over & violated again this year .Im appalled that interstate teams get such an arm chair ride just satisfy the afls goals of expanding the competion .

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Meh. It's only a pre-season game...at least it will give the umpires some time to read up on the rules for a start. Piss weak effort from the umps. I hope we get 3 points added to our score for BJ's 9 pointer to.

mick13
Club Player

Someone should start a facebook group. Get like 2 million members then mass email the AFL. :P

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Meh. It's only a pre-season game...at least it will give the umpires some time to read up on the rules for a start. Piss weak effort from the umps. I hope we get 3 points added to our score for BJ's 9 pointer to.
Didn't he get the kick inside 50. then play on backawrds putside, and then kicked it?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
degruch wrote:Meh. It's only a pre-season game...at least it will give the umpires some time to read up on the rules for a start. Piss weak effort from the umps. I hope we get 3 points added to our score for BJ's 9 pointer to.
Didn't he get the kick inside 50. then play on backawrds putside, and then kicked it?
with the PLAYED ON underlined... from memory everything is fair game once you play on on.... you can step outside the boundary and it will be out of bounds, you can run and bounce... you can tons of things when you play on.....

hell you can run to the centre and bomb it from there and because the free was a couple of metres inside the 50 a minute ago its not a 9 pointer....

bulls*** rule.... :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol - I think the comp was "expanded" when the Lions won three flags in a row :wink:

No mate it is just a natural progression over the last five years where we have knee jerk reactions to every little incident and Anderson brings in a new rule that turn the game into an even softer contest.

One of the commentators hit the nail on the head tonight when he said that the no rush behind rule had been brought in to "make the game more exciting" :roll:

Fair Dinkum does ever second of every single game have to be exciting? Are we that jaded that we have to be artificially excited at ever single juncture of a match?

Soon they will outlaw qtr and half time breaks because "they are not exciting enough" or the bounce becuae it is "not exciting" - or any form of body contact so it is just like Gaelic football and quicker so therefore "more exciting".

Really if I want to watch fake - rehearsed sport - I'll watch WWE.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:lol - I think the comp was "expanded" when the Lions won three flags in a row :wink:

No mate it is just a natural progression over the last five years where we have knee jerk reactions to every little incident and Anderson brings in a new rule that turn the game into an even softer contest.

One of the commentators hit the nail on the head tonight when he said that the no rush behind rule had been brought in to "make the game more exciting" :roll:

Fair Dinkum does ever second of every single game have to be exciting? Are we that jaded that we have to be artificially excited at ever single juncture of a match?

Soon they will outlaw qtr and half time breaks because "they are not exciting enough" or the bounce becuae it is "not exciting" - or any form of body contact so it is just like Gaelic football and quicker so therefore "more exciting".

Really if I want to watch fake - rehearsed sport - I'll watch WWE.
What do you mean WWE is fake? :)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
with the PLAYED ON underlined... from memory everything is fair game once you play on on.... you can step outside the boundary and it will be out of bounds, you can run and bounce... you can tons of things when you play on.....

hell you can run to the centre and bomb it from there and because the free was a couple of metres inside the 50 a minute ago its not a 9 pointer....

bulls*** rule.... :roll:
I see...you're right...that is a bulls*** rule.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah should have been a 9 pointer, stuff up by the umps I'm assuming. There were also two very dodgy free kicks given in the last quarter that could have seen it go our way.

Oh well, not fussed.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!