Official thread St Kilda v. Brisbane NAB Cup Round 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Pickle=Troll???
yeah defenetly

pickle_weasel
Club Player

pickle = realist

i dont think st kilda will ever win another premiership, harvs did the right move to go to carlton. atleast he'll have some success there unlike st kilda.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
henno wrote:how the hell can jack steven see that the brisbane guy he tackled has 'let go' of the ball if he's tackling him??!!
That was the right decision but the one against Dawson was wrong.
Actually the other way round IMO, but you keep reporting them as fact, as always
Thats probably because I know the rules and you dont.
Course you do, Dawson jumped on his back, its a free, they always pay it, we can all read the rules, its the interpreting that's the hard bit, well for you anyway.......
The problem with what you say is it was holding the ball before he went into his back. Just look at the Lions player reaction when the decision was paid. He thought it was against him. Give me your address I will send you a rule book.
Should he be reported for striking the turf? !!

BallBanger
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
henno wrote:how the hell can jack steven see that the brisbane guy he tackled has 'let go' of the ball if he's tackling him??!!
Actually the other way round IMO, but you keep reporting them as fact, as always
Thats probably because he has a feel for the game and you know jack sh11tt

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Atrocious first half. Sloppy second half but with a bit of endevour.

Positives
Steven, McEvoy, Geary and Heyne occasionally showed a bit. Even Eljay was involved in a nice couple of passages. None are AFL ready though.

BJ is a genuine star of the comp

Ray looks like he'll be a reasonable backup mid

Raph continued his good form of late 08

Negatives
We have a lot of crap players. Gwilt and Jones simply make too many mistakes under any sort of pressure.

Maguire looks very ordinary.

Howard showed nothing.

Begley and Dawson look like 'nothing picks'. Will be good for Sandy but neither up to AFL footy.

Our coaching staff are still in a ridiculously negative mindset and take far too long to respond. Tonight was a carbon copy of many 07/08 games. We break even in a boring first quarter. Let the game slide away in the second. Peg back a little ground in the third and then kick a few in the final quarter when it's too late.

The umpiring was terrible. High contact and HTB interpretations were absolutely disgraceful.

To lose a player to a collision with an umpire is pathetic. Would love to know how this happened.
Last edited by mad saint guy on Sat 14 Feb 2009 11:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

pickle_weasel wrote:pickle = realist

i dont think st kilda will ever win another premiership, harvs did the right move to go to carlton. atleast he'll have some success there unlike st kilda.
piss off

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thats probably because he has a feel for the game and you know jack sh11tt
I will add that to list of people who no nothing about the rules or the feel of a game of footy. Dont worry you arent alone. there are plent of people without knowledge in with you.

pickle_weasel
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:
pickle_weasel wrote:pickle = realist

piss off
we wont, honestly how are we going to win with our current team? once reiwoldt/hayes gets injured no1 good will be able 2 replace them. No depth and we got smashed in the prelims. Our time was in 04/05 and we blew it.

BallBanger
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Course you do, Dawson jumped on his back, its a free, they always pay it, we can all read the rules, its the interpreting that's the hard bit, well for you anyway.......
The problem with what you say is it was holding the ball before he went into his back. Just look at the Lions player reaction when the decision was paid. He thought it was against him. Give me your address I will send you a rule book.

**** u moron we all know the rules but the umps don't understand the consistancies...go by the rules and you could pay 3000 frees a game wanker

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

jones again msg you hate him dont you 16 year old nothing

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

How about leaving this post for discussion about the game. Trading insults can be done via PM !!

saintbob
SS Life Member

Heyne - looks promising

Steven - will play a fair bit of AFL this year, his bit of pig will be handy thru the middle

Geary - looks likely

Ray - will be in the 22 come Rd 1

McGuire - looks to have got thru unscathed, thats a huge bonus

Great fight back, lead by Goddard, Fisher x 2, Raph and Bally.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Pickle your life seems fun

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Positives:

The cross to the crowded coaching box after Raph kicked a goal which highlighted our distinct absences: Roo, Lenny, Grammy....just to name a few?

PS - Could someone get rid of dill pickle?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

A few observations

Why do we wait til we are 8 goals behind before we use the corridor?

Leigh Fisher might be killing them in endurance but his disposal twice in a minute cost us. A grubbing kick followed by one that sailed over Gilbo's head.

BJ is gonna rip this comp apart. What a game :-)

I wish Dal would run with the ball more and not keep just stopping and persisting with that stupid "come at me" hand wave.

Liked Gearys game a lot and both Steven and Eljay were good after 1/2 time

McEvoy has good hands but looks slow

Heyne's got smarts but we are pretty flush for players with suspect disposal

Zac Dawson wont be elevated anytime soon on that performance

Great to see Goose running around getting touches

Ray got better as the game went on but seems wasted if we refuse to run and carry the ball and just chip it around all day

Overall, pleased with the comeback but if that had been a real game Brown/Bradshaw would have torn us apart in the first half and it would have been game over at 1/2 time. Our disposal inside fifty was so indirect that even with Roo and Kosi out there we'd have had most of our shots at goal hard up against the boundary, such was our obsession with going round the flanks

8 goals in a game isnt anywhere near good enough..and it was far more to do with our structure then the weather

Votes (just for the hell of it)

5. BJ
4. Geary
3. Chipper
2. Gilbert
1. Dal

AH well...will be a cheaper preseason than last year lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ok great, what would you pay if a player fumbles the ball, loses it as he is tackled...... (had a chance to mark it and dispose of it)......

at worst that should be play on, perhaps holding the ball... but holdin the man??? HUH??

The thing that summed up the night as far as the umpires was concerned was when there was a 50/50 and the commentator says "free kick to brisbane.... um no st kilda" in a very suprised voice.

Lets be honest, the umpiring was very home side and very tiggy touch. we didn't help by not being clean with our disposal and slow moving forward sometimes.

Dal looks lost sometimes and needs to run harder to create and use te first option better. He sits and looks for the perfect option when sometimes it's better to back your team mate with the quick option.

Gwilt showed a little more in that third term and if he can produce that for 4 quarters and remember he is a booming kick then he just might make it.

The youngsters started running in numbers, jack was very good, LJ did a couple of nice things. Heynes uses his body well and can find the ball. Thought raphs second half was an improvement. Mcenvoy is struggling to find the ball but has a lovely set of hands. Need to look long term with him.

BJ will rip this comp apart this year. Was the story of that second half, went forward and lifted the team. Chips looked better for the hit out and goose was unlucky not to have a shot to put us within 3 points.

Lastly, WTF is the go with the 9 pointer rule? Play on means play on...... if you decide to run outside 50 and thus have stopped the protection of the free kick then you deserve the 9 points. The umpires point that the free kick inside 50 means nothing.... bulls*** umpiring from a poor night from the umpires. Will not watch any non saints games if they decide to umpire like that for both sides.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Dont see much in McEvoy i hate to say

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

**** u moron we all know the rules but the umps don't understand the consistancies...go by the rules and you could pay 3000 frees a game wanker
Please give me your address. How can I inform you of your lack of knowledge without it or should I swear more to get my point across.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Settle down guys, lets not make it a competion on who knows more about the game

Sam23
SS Life Member

I thought Heyne was poor except for one good mark.

A few 'hungry' shots at goal just prior to half time and after taking a mark on the wing kicked to a brisbane player, but was luckily spoiled by Gardiner.

Goddard.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BallBanger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Please give me your address. How can I inform you of your lack of knowledge without it or should I swear more to get my point across.
No need to swear your point is across us all, its useless as always, but across us none the less.....

By the way, Henderson clearly doesn't understand the rules, either that or you both have the same made up one....

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:I thought Heyne was poor except for one good mark.

A few 'hungry' shots at goal just prior to half time and after taking a mark on the wing kicked to a brisbane player, but was luckily spoiled by Gardiner.
He did stuff up most of his opportunities but at least he was trying to create something. I'd much rather see a kid miss a shot at goal or an ambiguous long kick into the forward line than stuff up another sideways 15m chip kick.

Just the fact that he was getting himself into potentially damaging situations was the main positive. He knows how to hurt teams, he just needs to settle down a bit, lose the nerves and make the most of his opportunities.

BallBanger
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BallBanger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

u can't..do you find that people don't find it pleasurable to be near you..

Narrow vision is a curse that you would not understand.

pickle_weasel
Club Player

yeah my life will be pretty awesome now, no more st kilda to let me down.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

pickle_weasel wrote:yeah my life will be pretty awesome now, no more st kilda to let me down.
Come on that's enough now, get rid of him please