Rain Tomorrow?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

STK2009
Club Player

Rain Tomorrow?

Anyone know what the weather will be like @ GCS tomorrow night?
Last edited by STK2009 on Fri 13 Feb 2009 5:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

More specifically I assume you mean on the GC?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
STK2009
Club Player

bom.gov wrote: Brisbane:
Forecast for Friday Evening
Rain periods, heavy at times. Moderate SE to E winds.

Forecast for Saturday
Rain periods, heavy at times easing during the evening. Moderate to fresh SE to NE winds.
looks like the surface will be extremely soft.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Pouring at the Gabba today... doesnt seem like there will be play. Hopefully its not pouring like the last Nab cup game up there a while back.. it was such a scrappy game..and i really felt for spectators who actually stayed to watch!! However we won the game so it might be an omen if it does!!

Go saints in '09!
STK2009
Club Player

good point. no point risking anyone in a mudfest.
at this stage you would expect it very unlikely that goose would play.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

STK2009 wrote:good point. no point risking anyone in a mudfest.
at this stage you would expect it very unlikely that goose would play.
Why? Is he no good at Carrara?

STK2009
Club Player

i would think that with him being on 99 games and with the way that he has trained (inconsistently) together with his history of leg and foot dramas the amount of risk involved in him playing on a soft surface may be the final say on whether or not Rosso will play him.

he may be a week two proposition or even a perfect prep proposition.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

While the cricket is finally on in Brissie it is still bucketing down on the GC :( According to the forecast it will get heavier tonight, rain tomorrow, easing tomorrow night. So in others words the conditions will not be good, sadly :(

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Got a mate who's gone up for the game, poor bugger tells me he's "rained in" at some little bar off Cavill Ave, and can't move.... :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

STK2009 wrote:i would think that with him being on 99 games and with the way that he has trained (inconsistently) together with his history of leg and foot dramas the amount of risk involved in him playing on a soft surface may be the final say on whether or not Rosso will play him.

There are less injuries in wet weather than dry so I dont think it makes any difference if it is wet.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I did not agree with playing at cairns in the middle of the wet season

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:I did not agree with playing at cairns in the middle of the wet season
Your point is?

STK2009
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
STK2009 wrote:i would think that with him being on 99 games and with the way that he has trained (inconsistently) together with his history of leg and foot dramas the amount of risk involved in him playing on a soft surface may be the final say on whether or not Rosso will play him.

There are less injuries in wet weather than dry so I dont think it makes any difference if it is wet.
when you are talking about a player who has a recent history of foot injuries going from dry ground where he has been kicking klangers to a surface that will more closely resemble a swamp than a football field i'd suggest strongly that there are serious questions as to whether or not he will play let alone start.
on 99 games the onus is that he will be fit for round one and firing not that he will fall awkwardly on a suspect surface further prolonging what has been a never-ending process of recovery.
these are elite footballers plugger they are like thoroughbreds. they are not pigs rolling around a pile of sh1te that will be GCS tomorrow night. any risk and he will be ruled-out.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

The forecast as at this morning ... looks a bit damp!

Gold Coast/Tweed Heads - Forecast for Saturday
Severe weather warning for flash flooding and dangerous surf conditions. Rain periods and showers, easing during the evening. Moderate to heavy falls are possible during the day. Fresh SE to NE winds, strong and gusty at times, shifting NW tonight and easing.

St Loxton
Club Player

will still be raining tonite. Has been raining solid for last day and a half. Take a jacket. Carrara is a glorified paddock and even if the rain stopped it would still be very soft underfoot. The big fellas may have a tough time tonite in the air, but will look forward to see what our light brigade can do across the turf.

esaint66
SS Life Member

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:However we won the game so it might be an omen if it does!!

Pretty sure we lost that one. It was Roos Lyon's first game at the helm and i think we blooded 11 new players or something.

jays
Club Player

cant wait only few hours to go

kp83
Club Player

STK2009 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

when you are talking about a player who has a recent history of foot injuries going from dry ground where he has been kicking klangers to a surface that will more closely resemble a swamp than a football field i'd suggest strongly that there are serious questions as to whether or not he will play let alone start.
on 99 games the onus is that he will be fit for round one and firing not that he will fall awkwardly on a suspect surface further prolonging what has been a never-ending process of recovery.
these are elite footballers plugger they are like thoroughbreds. they are not pigs rolling around a pile of sh1te that will be GCS tomorrow night. any risk and he will be ruled-out.
As plugger said, there are less injuries in the wet than dry, so there is no reason he shouldn't play. If your reasoning is that he should be protected so he can play his 100th, then he should not play any pre season games at all on hard surfaces as these are more likely to cause stress fractures (which he has suffered from) than wet, soft surfaces.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:While the cricket is finally on in Brissie it is still bucketing down on the GC :( According to the forecast it will get heavier tonight, rain tomorrow, easing tomorrow night. So in others words the conditions will not be good, sadly :(
Seems like you're never happy when it rains Bev!

Beggars can't be choosers...be happy you've got some wet stuff - it hasn't been the wettest of wet seasons in SE QLD this year eh??

Don't stress, it's only a praccy match, conditions are irrelevant, as is the result.