ST KILDA, does our name mean anything anymore?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

ATTENTION: BARKS... PLUGGER.... & JOFFA....

In the words of someone who is often in the news these days....

"Get onboard, or get out of the way!!!"

Why do so many people resist change??.... if you lot were still in charge, the only heating you would have would come from rubbing 2 sticks together.

FAIR DINKUM!!!!... blah blah blah... stop the whinging you CLOWNS!!!

Go Support someone in the Southern Footy League, and stay in touch with your community.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I havent read a post on this issue from Barks for weeks....I guess Im more interested in onfield issues to be honest but posters like Barks make this joint worthwhile - they arent afraid to disagree with the masses and thats ok....even IF I dont agree.

BTW I also enjoyed Poochy's posts before he was hounded so lets have a little difference - if you dont like it dont read it but we are all Saints and the more the merrier.

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
I will support the club any way I wish and toerags like you wont stop me voicing my opinion on its parlous state under this inept and totally incompetent administration.
toerags......is that the new put down for 09.....

:lol:

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:I havent read a post on this issue from Barks for weeks....I guess Im more interested in onfield issues to be honest but posters like Barks make this joint worthwhile - they arent afraid to disagree with the masses and thats ok....even IF I dont agree.

BTW I also enjoyed Poochy's posts before he was hounded so lets have a little difference - if you dont like it dont read it but we are all Saints and the more the merrier.
Can anyone argue that? Nup. Spot on.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Bark's last 2 posts, although lengthy and repetitive and pushing his usual agenda 8-) have broken no Forum rules. There's no abuse..and 2 posts a day is hardly spamming
Just the F*** why do you and others refer to this farkin poster as barks???

I MEAN WHAT THE F***!

THIS POSTER HAS STATED THAT HE DOES NOT LIKE THE REFERENCE TO THE TERM BARKS...

(IN PMS)

FUNNY ENOUGH HE CHOISES NOT TO IN THE OPEN FORUM..........

GO FIGURE ..........

YOU ARE A SELF APPOINTED BARKS AND YOU ARE A DEAD SET DISCRACE TO THE NAME........

FEEL PROUD THAT AN ADMIN CONTINUES TO CALL YOU BY THAT NAME BECAUSE I WILL NEVER DO SO..

you are deadset in splitting this forum with you beliefs and your continuing posts on the same agenda proves it..........

I must say I hate your guts and your attempts in the past to talk to me about issues, I just wish I could have the knowledge I have know, because you would have needed help to leave the ground...

You are really pathetic

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
saint66au wrote:Bark's last 2 posts, although lengthy and repetitive and pushing his usual agenda 8-) have broken no Forum rules. There's no abuse..and 2 posts a day is hardly spamming
Just the F*** why do you and others refer to this farkin poster as barks???

I MEAN WHAT THE F***!

THIS POSTER HAS STATED THAT HE DOES NOT LIKE THE REFERENCE TO THE TERM BARKS...

(IN PMS)

FUNNY ENOUGH HE CHOISES NOT TO IN THE OPEN FORUM..........

GO FIGURE ..........

YOU ARE A SELF APPOINTED BARKS AND YOU ARE A DEAD SET DISCRACE TO THE NAME........

FEEL PROUD THAT AN ADMIN CONTINUES TO CALL YOU BY THAT NAME BECAUSE I WILL NEVER DO SO..

you are deadset in splitting this forum with you beliefs and your continuing posts on the same agenda proves it..........

I must say I hate your guts and your attempts in the past to talk to me about issues, I just wish I could have the knowledge I have know, because you would have needed help to leave the ground...

You are really pathetic
at risk of butting in

i like you

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:55am, edited 4 times in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:56am, edited 1 time in total.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:51am, edited 1 time in total.

Quixote
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Quixote wrote: FFS get a grip.

If you're unhappy go and support Montrose in the EDFL.

Get back to the 'grass-roots'.

You might even land one of those with Sharon or the canteen darl. I think you'll find it's not all it's cracked up to be.

The AFL is a large, professional, modern and corporate being. A bit like every other professional sporting league in the big world.

You don't like it, suck some eggs.

But be mindful of the fact that our Club is actually one of the least generic and most soulful organisations in the league.
No you get a grip.

Who died and made you flipping king?

WTF do you think you are trying to stifle the opinions of others?

Why dont you piss off from the club? Its peop[le like you who have turned the club into the rabble it is.

I will support the club any way I wish and toerags like you wont stop me voicing my opinion on its parlous state under this inept and totally incompetent administration.

mabye you ar ethe type of drone that supports the club no matter what it does. Takes a lot of thought to do that - NOT :roll:

As for the EDL - pfft, I dont live in the East.

You sure are an Einstein, mabye you should join the rest of the Mensa members on the board. :roll
:

Strike me. Joffa you have officially presented yourself as a DRAMA QUEEN.

Ok. First of all, from your original post: "Now we know what the STKFC is, lets talk about its price."

Umm, have I been mislead this whole time? I thought you were a vaguely interesting, middle-aged bloke with an opinion. Are you actually a 16 year-old EMO Joffa? I mean really - perhaps it's time to cut the hyperbole and regain some common sense.

Now, as to your rather spontaneous and ineffectual response above:

A) I am not King. But if you wish to call me so, so be it.

B) I have never, and will never try to stifle your opinion. I will, however, highlight when I disagree with it.

C) "Why dont you piss off from the club? Its peop[le like you who have turned the club into the rabble it is." This is not only hurtful, but wholly irrelevant.

D) Great. Opinions are alive to be voiced - why is it that you take such umbrage at others'? I respect yours, yet with the current situation, entirely disagree.

E) The rest of your post is loose-handed abuse. Not even entertaining either.

LISTEN.

I support the St Kilda Football Club.

I have refrained from calling you a bald toothless git - but don't get me started.

I'm a 29 yr old male, and you've never met someone who bleeds as much for STKFC as me.

You need to pull your head in.

You abuse posters on here at will, and it's not kosher.

We are all in the same boat.

And --

The move to Seaford is (in my opinion) a GREAT THING.

Football, AFL football, is now a massive corporate entitiy.

St Kilda FC re-locating to the South Eastern region is a strategically smart move, ensuring a strong and sustained supporter base.

We're not going anywhere.

Do you realise why North Melbourne, Melbourne and the Bulldogs are struggling?

THEY ARE NEIGHBOURS.

It is about markets - and numbers. North Melbourne have NO market - we do.

That's all.

8-)

Oh - and toerag? Really. That sort of insult is the sign of a first-class sweater.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:ATTENTION: BARKS... PLUGGER.... & JOFFA....

In the words of someone who is often in the news these days....

"Get onboard, or get out of the way!!!"

Why do so many people resist change??.... if you lot were still in charge, the only heating you would have would come from rubbing 2 sticks together.

FAIR DINKUM!!!!... blah blah blah... stop the whinging you CLOWNS!!!

Go Support someone in the Southern Footy League, and stay in touch with your community.
Sorry but I dont think I have ever been on B4E or Joffas side on this. Please feel free to post something I have said where the move is stupid. And you think I am a clown. Please check your facts before including my name with those 2.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I havent read a post on this issue from Barks for weeks....I guess Im more interested in onfield issues to be honest but posters like Barks make this joint worthwhile - they arent afraid to disagree with the masses and thats ok....even IF I dont agree.

I to agree with this post. The bloke is a fool but it is all good fun. Why would anyone want him banned even if he repeats himself all the time.Why would anyone want him banned even if he repeats himself all the time.Why would anyone want him banned even if he repeats himself all the time.Why would anyone want him banned even if he repeats himself all the time.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

AOK has got it in one

Too many people are playing the man not the ball

A few people need to learn that disagreeing with someone does not mean you have the right to resort to name-calling and abuse..or urge on those who do

St Fid, SP2008 and Joffaboy..Im talking to you..cut it out

the lack of respect for others opinions on here is damn frightening sometimes

I disagree with plenty of people's opinions on here (including B4E quite often) but along with the majority of posters, I manage to convey that without belittling peoples usernames, screaming uppercase threatening abuse or calling people toerags.

Those who think this is acceptable behaviour need to have a bit of a look at themselves. I doubt yoou'd do it in public, so dont do it here :!:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

1- I agree with P66 on this

2- B4E is becomng monotounous and boring

3- B4E throws these views, yet cannot / will not suggest any alternative solutions. Hence, it isn't a debate... it's boring and repetitive.

4- I agree with P66 on this.

5- Joffa, stop being a bully

6- AOK, we've had threads locked which are more sensible than this one, that's why.

7- we are all well and truly aware of a certain poster's views on the move to Seaford. Why can't these views be stated / repeated adnauseum on a the Seaford thread... in stead of starting the same old, same old?

8- Mods, the request goes to the matter of principle. We had this discussion in the general forum, and you've locked relevant, more intelligent threads in the past because in your opinion, you deemed them not worth of continuing.

9- Why would we train at St Kilda FFS? Like P66 said, no wanted it in the last 40 years, now because we're going to Seaford??? Maybe we should play at Waverly twice a year also... and the Peanut Farm... and Princes Park... :roll:

Please point out the differences to me and others. No need to ban him, but ffs why not just lock the thread?

FFS, can't you smell the discontent in the breeze from the forumites? Maybe, just maybe, it's risen to the point of nuisance.

The training faility serves one purpose only.. to give the players the very best facilities to enable them to achieve peak performance. It's about them... not about us.

For people to bag the club for personal reasons is selfish IMO.

I love this club, and frankly, as stated in the past... all the whingers can feel free to put foward an alternative plan and if it's credible, I'll vote them in.

If you cannot... then shut the F*** up and get on with life. :evil:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

This thread is an embarrasment to the St Kilda Football Club :(

You should all be ashamed :oops:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saint1974
Club Player

As getting back to the title of the thread while I respect the views of people,I love St.Kilda no matter where they base themselves.

Having been a member for 35 years I have gone from Moorabbin to Waverly to the Dome we will still be playing our games at the Dome,yes I feel sad that Moorabbin will no longer be the training ground as I live in the western suburbs I will still journey down to Seaford to watch the boys.

I love St.kilda and no matter where they are based they are the St.kilda Football Club and boy we are lucky that we are still based in Melbourne and still exist.

Strength Through Loyalty GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saint1974 wrote:As getting back to the title of the thread while I respect the views of people,I love St.Kilda no matter where they base themselves.

Having been a member for 35 years I have gone from Moorabbin to Waverly to the Dome we will still be playing our games at the Dome,yes I feel sad that Moorabbin will no longer be the training ground as I live in the western suburbs I will still journey down to Seaford to watch the boys.

I love St.kilda and no matter where they are based they are the St.kilda Football Club and boy we are lucky that we are still based in Melbourne and still exist.

Strength Through Loyalty GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Here here Saint74!!!!!!!!!!

Go Saints!!! :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:51am, edited 1 time in total.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Good points AoK. Maybe we need to install new moderators whose sole job it is to moderate swearing.

"Farking Inspectors"

And honestly - he raised several good points in the OP, albeit in his inimitable style and a lynch mob manifests to derail the thread.

The links to the original suburb are still meaningful and part of the club's identity. Why not captilise on them?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:The links to the original suburb are still meaningful and part of the club's identity. Why not captilise on them?
Training at Luna Park? :wink:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
The links to the original suburb are still meaningful and part of the club's identity. Why not captilise on them?
no argument with that Cowboy. Why not capitalise on those links in whatever way is useful to the club. But that doesn't preclude seeking new territory and a new market.

Am still waiting Barks for you to suggest any credible alternatives to Seaford in the St.Kilda area. Can only assume that there aren't any. Just as I thought.

GrumpyOne

Bring back the sacred cow.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote: Fact is I typed it all!

Check it yourself, no two sentences are exactly the same, hence I did not copy and paste any of the OP!
barks4eva wrote: When asked PRIVATELY what he thought of the move to Seaford, a current long serving player said QUOTE " Yeah a few of the boy's are not real happy with it"!
Thanks in advance
:wink:
One just wonder how much posters you have turned off this site...

Your constant rants of Rix was not spamming??, please spare me FFS...
oh what a crock... apart from self righteous posters like yourself, i doubt b4e has turned anyone off this site...

infact he is one of the more interesting posters who keeps part timers like me coming back... someone who doesnt take himself too seriously, and loves the club...

he probably doesnt need defending, but the immediate attack on him in these threads is childish... not the OP itself...

Duggie1
Club Player

Change and decay in all around I see. :lol:

Always a Saint