ST KILDA, does our name mean anything anymore?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: ST KILDA, does our name mean anything anymore?

barks4eva wrote:At the St kilda Festival, the previous administration used to have tents set up in the gardens, with players in attendance, selling memberships etc...etc...

Obviously the current board sees itself more as a Frankston identity than anything to do with St kilda and I have no doubt whatsoever that in 2010, the St kilda football club will have a presence at the Frankston Festival or whatever it is they have down there and be all over it like a colony of ants in a sugar bowl!

This club is having it's soul ripped out by the current administration and that the club now chooses to have no presence whatsoever at the St kilda Festival is another inditement on this vacant lot who pride themselves on relocating an AFL club to a vacant lot in the backblocks of Seaford!

You can bet your bottom dollar that the St kilda Football Club will have a presence at the Frankston festival from 2010 on!

The most marketable suburb in Victoria and a club which was founded and has it's historical links with the place, now chooses to distance itself completely!

Under the previous administration the St kilda Football Club had a presence at the St kilda Festival!

When this club is once again near the bottom of the ladder when the inevitable cycle turns, located in the backblocks of Seaford at the white elephant otherwise known as Belvedere park, having trouble retaining and attracting star players, looking like the next Fitzroy with a membership figure lower than the Bulldogs, this will be the legacy of these blasphemous infidels who have sold this club up the river!

When asked PRIVATELY what he thought of the move to Seaford, a current long serving player said QUOTE " Yeah a few of the boy's are not real happy with it"!

Make no mistake, this will be the St kilda Football Clubs achilles heel, and locating the club in Seaford puts us one step closer to merging and relocation!

The best possible way IMHO for this club to have become a powerhouse, was to locate itself in the St kilda area, closer to the city centre, embrace the most marketable suburb in Victoria as it's spiritual home once again and in doing so it would also make St kilda a very attractive proposition for any future star players looking for a new club and give the club a real identity, a soul and something to market itself with, not too mention having a training facility located close to where it is that we actually play our home games, which could be easily accessed for after game recovery sessions if required etc...etc...

Even a small thing as having a presence at the St kilda Festival is now forsaken by the new administration!

The one tradition that the current board have kept alive and well is this club's propensity to shoot itself in the foot!

At least Butterss was looking to locate the club back into the St kilda area, IF staying at Moorabbin was not an option, but now we are consigned to the backblocks of Seaford and so typical of the current board's modus operandi, the relocation location wasn't revealed when the votes for the ballot were caste, even though their Frankston agenda was locked in, but preferred to keep the members in the dark, until after the result of the ballot was determined!

Disingenuous at best, but given their treatment of L2 reserved seat members and their literature which included the text " We have taken the liberty" to adjust your fees, tick this box or lose your seat without any consultation or warning etc...etc..., it's really just par for the course and obviously they need to dig deeper into the members pockets as the extra cash cow to balance their bottomline resulting from their own managerial incompetence!

Thanks christ for the NAB cup win or it was a a $745,000 loss!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, another $500,000 loss in 2009 and the club is in the red, to the best of my knowledge!

The club might as well change it's name now to Frankston or whatever, because the new board have distilled the essence of this club's origins, heritage, traditions and soul down the drain and left us up Kananook creek without a paddle!

How can a vacant lot locating an AFL club to a vacant lot in the back blocks of Seaford be a good thing, seriously!

Even the players are not real happy about it, but obviously they have to tow the line and not reveal their real thoughts on the matter publically!

The new board are a FAIR DINKUM disgrace and their tunnel vision for the future has sent the club one step closer to losing it's current identity!

When the club is broken up, divided and the shyte really does hits the fan, we will all have Gdanski and the current board to thank!

St kilda means nothing, stands for nothing and thanks to the current board relocating the club to Seaford, we are now one significant step closer to merging and relocation!

WAKE UP!
blah blah blah blah

but more importantly...the name is the club i support, the players i admire...the club and supporters i love

there...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
GrumpyOne

Sobraz wrote:Agree B4E...

We should be moving closer to our roots, not further away... Northern Kangaroos have gone back to North Melbourne... It wouldnt surpirse me to see Western go back to Footscray...

St.Kilda is a highly populated, energetic suburb that people are attracted to... People want to be associated with vibrant, lively organisations.. This is what St.Kilda the suburb is, and what the club could harness... Not a grey, ho-hum, suburban struggle town...

With lots of tourists around, many of them staying for extended periods, and some permanently, their initial support is for the city they stay in... St.Kilda is the jewell in the Bay's crown, and we should be making the most of our naming right....
If St Kilda is the jewel in the Bay's crown, then that crown is on the head of a queen.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:It means the same to me as it did when I started following them 30 plus years ago, simply it's the team I love, the team I will follow until I die, through the good times and the bad, the good decisions and the not so good. It transcends administrations, players and 'supporters'. It is my team and it is not up for negotiation.

Homes come and go, we make good real estate decisions and we make bad ones. Just because I move my family from one home to another does not stop us from being a family, it may mean at times we move backwards to get a better home but in the end as long as we're all together, committed to each other then I cannot ask for to much more.

St Kilda is St Kilda is St Kilda, it's an honour and a privelege to say that's the team I support. I support the name, the history, the present and the future...regardless!

amen brother...amen....'nuff said.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I seriously don't think it even matters.

We are a soulless brand of the AFL.

It's all irrelevant these days.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I seriously don't think it even matters.

Hi happy. How life treating you?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

He, unfortunately is spot on.

A soulless money spinner who throws over its longtime and loyqal supporters for the easy money of the cashed up.

Now we know what the STKFC is, lets talk about its price. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

A soulless money spinner who throws over its longtime and loyqal supporters for the easy money of the cashed up.

It's all subjective...'spot on' for you two at least, I've no doubt others agree. It's total bollocks to some of us though.

Quixote
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

FFS get a grip.

If you're unhappy go and support Montrose in the EDFL.

Get back to the 'grass-roots'.

You might even land one of those with Sharon or the canteen darl. I think you'll find it's not all it's cracked up to be.

The AFL is a large, professional, modern and corporate being. A bit like every other professional sporting league in the big world.

You don't like it, suck some eggs.

But be mindful of the fact that our Club is actually one of the least generic and most soulful organisations in the league.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote: FFS get a grip.

If you're unhappy go and support Montrose in the EDFL.

Get back to the 'grass-roots'.

You might even land one of those with Sharon or the canteen darl. I think you'll find it's not all it's cracked up to be.

The AFL is a large, professional, modern and corporate being. A bit like every other professional sporting league in the big world.

You don't like it, suck some eggs.

But be mindful of the fact that our Club is actually one of the least generic and most soulful organisations in the league.
No you get a grip.

Who died and made you flipping king?

WTF do you think you are trying to stifle the opinions of others?

Why dont you piss off from the club? Its peop[le like you who have turned the club into the rabble it is.

I will support the club any way I wish and toerags like you wont stop me voicing my opinion on its parlous state under this inept and totally incompetent administration.

mabye you ar ethe type of drone that supports the club no matter what it does. Takes a lot of thought to do that - NOT :roll:

As for the EDL - pfft, I dont live in the East.

You sure are an Einstein, mabye you should join the rest of the Mensa members on the board. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

In some ways I agree, I just hated the L2 Fiasco that has caused grief to many supporters and the Clubs inability to be flexible on the issue and provide some decent notice to their supporters that were effected.

But the notion of the OP about "grass roots" and his clouded belief that "tradition" could be to relocate to Elsternwick or take part in some festival in St Kilda is IMO a pathetic grasping of straws of the Saints relocation.

Just how many times are we going to see 'CUT AND PASTE JOBS' from this poster that's called b4e????

Why do you repeat your crap b4e???

We get your message, don't bother posting and posting the same and cut and pasting the same FFS

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

In fact, I would like to know what the mods are doing on this issue.

Just how long can a poster cut and paste the same thing time and time again??

I want call it dribble (although that is getting closer to my thoughts), but surely there must be a stance on just how many times b4e can cut and paste the same time and time again.

One would think we all know his stance, so just why is he allowed to continue with this and start up new posts about the same issue, and at times jump in and cut and paste the same in another thread that he did not start with the same message...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

SP said

"blah blah blah blah

but more importantly...the name is the club i support, the players i admire...the club and supporters i love

there..."

x 100!!

OTOH, the whole L2 social club thing (while not effecting me), really does disturb me, and I dont think thats been handled even close to properly.

Im also not happy about not staying at Moorabbin in the long run, not happy at all....

But I will always support this club whole heartedly till the day I die.

St.Kilda , like all the other clubs, is just part of the whole corporate machine these days that is the AFL. However, alot less corporate than many other codes round the world. We at least have some small degree of player loyalty left (compared to say the EPL or NFL), and deep down the AFL KNOW the game is nothing without us.

Seriously! They do! The problem is they also KNOW we will keep coming back, the majority anyway, no matter what. This leads us to being taken advantage of in many ways.

The AFL will get away with this attitude, unfortunately. Clubs however, need to be alot more careful, it wouldnt be hard to totally alienate your support base if you think you can take on the AFL's attitude and apply it to your members!

In conclusion, I think the AFL need to remember they are simply care takers of the great game, they do not own it. From rule changes to prices etc etc...too many liberties just being taken.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:SP said

"blah blah blah blah

there..."

x 100!!

OTOH, the whole L2 social club thing (while not effecting me), really does disturb me, and I dont think thats been handled even close to properly.

Im also not happy about not staying at Moorabbin in the long run, not happy at all....

But I will always support this club whole heartedly till the day I die.

St.Kilda , like all the other clubs, is just part of the whole corporate machine these days that is the AFL. However, alot less corporate than many other codes round the world. We at least have some small degree of player loyalty left (compared to say the EPL or NFL), and deep down the AFL KNOW the game is nothing without us.

Seriously! They do! The problem is they also KNOW we will keep coming back, the majority anyway, no matter what. This leads us to being taken advantage of in many ways.

The AFL will get away with this attitude, unfortunately. Clubs however, need to be alot more careful, it wouldnt be hard to totally alienate your support base if you think you can take on the AFL's attitude and apply it to your members!

In conclusion, I think the AFL need to remember they are simply care takers of the great game, they do not own it. From rule changes to prices etc etc...too many liberties just being taken.
People say rule changes and prices but seriously our game is one of if not rhe cheapest game in the world to attend and with rule chances I would like to know what rule changes in the last 10 years have made the game worse.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

St Fidelius wrote:In fact, I would like to know what the mods are doing on this issue.
just because a poster is repetitive shouldnt give mods cause to act....
dont read it.
There are many repetitive posts that dont get swiped even tho they would break any definition of defamation under board rules. (ie a certain "non-stkilda" player)

While i may not care much for the point of view, & while L2 and seaford dont affect me one bit, a lot of Saints supporters are pretty pissed off at the moment.
I think some of the "professional decisions" being made by the Board are alienating supporters. That does not translate into hating the Saints. And you shouldnt really be attacked for that.
Last edited by sunsaint on Thu 12 Feb 2009 9:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seeya
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:In fact, I would like to know what the mods are doing on this issue.
dont read it.
There are many repetitive posts that dont get swiped even tho they would break any definition of defamation under board rules. (ie a certain "non-stkilda" player)

While i may not care much for the point of view, & while L2 and seaford dont affect me one bit, a lot of Saints supporters are pretty pissed off at the moment.
I think some of the "professional decisions" being made by the Board are alienating supporters. That does not translate into hating the Saints. And you should really be attacked for that.
I should be "attacked for what" :?:

So are you promoting as mass attack on my post :?: :roll:

vacuous space
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:just because a poster is repetitive shouldnt give mods cause to act....
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=39716
1d. No spamming or repeated posting of the same material is permitted, and no repeated posting in a short space of time is permitted without a reasonable explanation. #
Fact is, copy-paste spamming is against the forum rules.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
dont read it.

I think some of the "professional decisions" being made by the Board are alienating supporters. That does not translate into hating the Saints. And you should really be attacked for that.

im interested to fid

oh but hang on...ill be stirring trouble if i continue to do so

stir stir

its obvious b4e (oops still called him/her/it) is in with a mod or two and gets it easy

stir stir

GrumpyOne

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
dont read it.

im interested to fid

oh but hang on...ill be stirring trouble if i continue to do so

stir stir

its obvious b4e (oops still called him/her/it) is in with a mod or two and gets it easy

stir stir
Are we reviving the Sacred Cow?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:

Fact is, copy-paste spamming is against the forum rules.
Fact is I typed it all!

Check it yourself, no two sentences are exactly the same, hence I did not copy and paste any of the OP!

As regards this thread, these are the issues that concerns me and I do not flood the site with countless threads about this issue, so it's very easy to not read it, if it's not of interest to YOU!

Most of this would even be contained and confined to one single thread, but for the complete hijacking of these threads with off topic personalized obsessions and fixations, by people who, rather than listen to all opinions, after all this is a forum for people's opinion's is it not?, would rather censor and stifle free expression, for anything they to the best of their cognitive reasoning, deem to be not in accord with their own views!

This thread IMO is all about some very serious matters related to the future of this club and there are many areas and issues IMO that need to be analyzed, scrutinized, debated and discussed!

But really considering these threads are few and far between, how hard is it for people to just ignore it, not read it or respond if they have nothing to offer to the actual topics raised in the original post?

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I was given to understand that thread hijacking was against the rules,.......... MODS please deal with the many culprits, who have transgressed in this thread and who continue to habitually offend!

Thanks in advance

:wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:It means the same to me as it did when I started following them 30 plus years ago, simply it's the team I love, the team I will follow until I die, through the good times and the bad, the good decisions and the not so good. It transcends administrations, players and 'supporters'. It is my team and it is not up for negotiation.

Homes come and go, we make good real estate decisions and we make bad ones. Just because I move my family from one home to another does not stop us from being a family, it may mean at times we move backwards to get a better home but in the end as long as we're all together, committed to each other then I cannot ask for to much more.

St Kilda is St Kilda is St Kilda, it's an honour and a privelege to say that's the team I support. I support the name, the history, the present and the future...regardless!

Yeah yeah, and so do I, etc...etc...

BUT the issue is that in my view the move to Seaford will have disastrous consequences for this club that we all love!

This is my opinion, am I allowed to have that?

One thing this club has a history for is shooting itself in the foot and in my view this is precisely what the current board have just done!

When the white elephant at Belvedere Park goes pear shaped, forgive me if I'm the first one to tell you " I told you so"!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Bark's last 2 posts, although lengthy and repetitive and pushing his usual agenda 8-) have broken no Forum rules. Theres no abuse..and 2 posts a day is hardly spamming

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Yeah yeah, and so do I, etc...etc...

BUT the issue is that in my view the move to Seaford will have disastrous consequences for this club that we all love!

This is my opinion, am I allowed to have that?

One thing this club has a history for is shooting itself in the foot and in my view this is precisely what the current board have just done!

When the white elephant at Belvedere Park goes pear shaped, forgive me if I'm the first one to tell you " I told you so"!
Barks this forum is a duller place without you round. So you're as welcome as anyone AFAIAC. However...in this instance, we've all heard your opinion on this issue loud and clear, but do you actually have any suggestions for alternative locations that are credible? It's all very well to lament the disconnect with St.Kilda ( why though I don't know since we've been at Moorabbin more than 40 years) but how about you come up with some credible alternative options in the St.Kilda area?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

St Fidelius wrote:

my post has been amended, I dropped the 'nt. oops
but I would have thought the gist of what i was saying was obvious, typo errrrrors, readding between the liens, just ass I eliminated your extraneous "as"

Seeya
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Fact is I typed it all!

Check it yourself, no two sentences are exactly the same, hence I did not copy and paste any of the OP!
barks4eva wrote: When asked PRIVATELY what he thought of the move to Seaford, a current long serving player said QUOTE " Yeah a few of the boy's are not real happy with it"!
So, what did you do to this??

Changed a word or two??

Fact is I have read this before, it may have been in a PM, but as of late I would never read your PMs...

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I was given to understand that thread hijacking was against the rules,.......... MODS please deal with the many culprits, who have transgressed in this thread and who continue to habitually offend!

Thanks in advance

:wink:
One just wonder how much posters you have turned off this site...

Your constant rants of Rix was not spamming??, please spare me FFS...

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Bark's last 2 posts, although lengthy and repetitive and pushing his usual agenda 8-) have broken no Forum rules. Theres no abuse..and 2 posts a day is hardly spamming
its repetitve garbage...don't forum rules cover that???

or will you ignore b4e continuing to ruin this forum by...shock horror...breaking the rules???

you are on his side...its a wee bit obvious...other forum users have noticed a major change in your behaviour...and it's not a good thing