ISC in administration

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rice Paper
Club Player

ISC in administration

Has any body seen this? The company that makes St Kilda's gear is now in administration and could be out of business. I hope this means the club does not lose out financially as it looks like trouble for a lot of sporting clubs.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4841409a1823.html

NZRL loses its shirt as company goes bust
By AARON LAWTON and JOHN MATHESON - Sunday News | Sunday, 08 February 2009

The company that makes the World Cup winner's jersey is reported to have gone into administration.

Sydney's Sun-Herald newspaper is today reporting the Australian division of International Sports Clothing which also supplies the Air New Zealand Cup's Manawatu and Bay of Plenty unions, six NRL clubs, Australian Super 14 franchises and two AFL teams has been placed in administration.

"They (ISC) are going into administration," NRL marketing manager Paul Kind said.

"From our perspective, we're not out of pocket at this point.

"The deal with ISC is that clubs hold independent agreements for their kit supply and we have one licence with them on supporter apparel, which we're working on now. It's a question for the clubs who have an independent agreement (with ISC).

"We're sitting down with ISC on February 11th (Wednesday).

"They're coming in so we can sit down and talk about where it's all up to."

The NRL clubs linked to ISC Australia include Cronulla, Penrith, Canberra, South Sydney, Parramatta and the Sydney Roosters.

The NZRL unaware of the company's demise until contacted by Sunday News was last night scrambling for information about the status of the ISC.

Its relationship with ISC is a complex one and if the sports clothing company has folded the financial ramifications for league in New Zealand are unclear.

It is understood ISC provides the NZRL with a certain amount of free merchandise, while any extra merchandise above the specified amount is paid for.

The NZRL also makes money via a licencing arrangement with ISC from every officially licenced product sold.

"I can't really comment too much on the situation at this point in time," NZRL general manager Peter Cordtz said.

"What we have found is that a very complex situation has developed.

"This is considerably more complex than just a straightforward receivership situation.

"We are working through what the implications and downside if any will be for the NZRL.

"We are trying to get our heads around that now.

"We really don't know the full story or what the implications might be yet."

Bay of Plenty rugby boss Jeremy Curragh said his union had been aware of the problems facing the Australian arm of ISC for a while.

He has been involved in talks with a new New Zealand division of the UK company about supplying the Steamers' gear for 2009. It is completing with two other companies to win the BOP contract.

Manawatu's CEO John Knowles confirmed his union is now looking for a new jersey supplier.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Which other AFL team do they sponsor?

Darren
Club Player

Geelong.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Which other AFL team do they sponsor?
Geelong !!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

average sponsor in the first place...i would be much happier with someone like addidas, nike, reebok, asics sponsoring...

we have had some no-name nrand type sponsors over the years too...who could forget piping hot???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:average sponsor in the first place...i would be much happier with someone like addidas, nike, reebok, asics sponsoring...

we have had some no-name nrand type sponsors over the years too...who could forget piping hot???
Agree.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:average sponsor in the first place...i would be much happier with someone like addidas, nike, reebok, asics sponsoring...

Agree.
it seems a minor thing however it might be interesting to find out why we havent branded ourselves to, or attempted to get sponsorship from the majors...

being associated with brands like piping hot makes our club seem like the butt of all jokes

same with isc...attempted sporting brand...

to me its not good enough, although its a minor issue...if we (like our football team) wants to be taken seriously as a threat to all...surely this could be addressed???

or on the contrary isc might offer us big amounts of cash matchng bigger brands

who knows really

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

snowdeli ????? !!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

snowdeli ????? !!
can of worms...opened...

No1_Saint
Club Player

Great - another thing to add to the list of - OMG we're so broke right now!!! :shock:

Legendary
Club Player

The money is the same colour ...

Excuse me, but what the hell is the difference between us being sponsored by ISC or Reebok?

Find me 1 person who goes around thinking "St Kilda aren't a successful, major club because they are only apparel-sponsored by ISC".

I mean honestly, big deal? The money is the same?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:The money is the same colour ...

Excuse me, but what the hell is the difference between us being sponsored by ISC or Reebok?

Find me 1 person who goes around thinking "St Kilda aren't a successful, major club because they are only apparel-sponsored by ISC".

I mean honestly, big deal? The money is the same?
what im trying to get is that is there a difference between say reebok sponsorship and isc/piping hot???

did we take anything that we could get???

etc etc

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Or Skins?

The WORST apparel provider we have ever had, they dont even MAKE jumpers, socks or shorts. As far as I know they only do pressure gear.

I was quite happy when ISC jumped on board they are a well known brand with history of making apparel for rugby clubs plus they have a quality range. The fact they are going under is a worry though I hope this doesnt affect us in the hip pocket.

BTW look at Collingwoods jumper by Addidas this year with their stripes rounded at the back and that stupid patch on the neck........still want them to sponor us?

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Geelong !!
Richmond

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

What was wrong with Piping Hot as a brand?

And the quality of the ISC garment (last year's media polo) was excellent. I love wearing it.

I never had a problem with Piping Hot. A young, growing brand that can relate to the younger generation for a young, growing club.

Be interesting in this economic climate how quickly ISC can be replaced.

I would suggest it will be difficult.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Saint Mick
Club Player

Our apparel that was sponsored by Piping Hot and Skins was manufactured by Burley Sekem - have a look at their catalogue for footy gear and it has our guernsey with the Skins logo plastered all over it. Same goes for the Bulldogs - Diadora don't make football jumpers either. Their polos, caps, tracksuits etc. were the same as ours for a few years, just with blue instead of black. I was involved in the ordering of jumpers for my footy club recently and was horrified to see that they cost about $30 each for the top of the line model with sublimated sponsors, logos, numbers etc. The AFL clubs must be making a fortune - especially those who charge $120 a jumper!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:What was wrong with Piping Hot as a brand?

And the quality of the ISC garment (last year's media polo) was excellent. I love wearing it.

I never had a problem with Piping Hot. A young, growing brand that can relate to the younger generation for a young, growing club.

piping hot is synonomous with cheapness and the kids wearing know it

it isn't a young growing brand as no young kid wants to wear it

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Geelong !!
Richmond
Richmond (as far as I know) are still sponsored by Reebok.

BANG BANG

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Would love to be sponsored by a brand that produced decent stuff.

I remember seeing a mate's Essendon media polo in 2005 and nearly losing my breath - it was about 1000% better quality than ours and looked classy. You could actually wear it on non-footy occasions :shock:

Our stuff is pretty close to diabolical; low quality material and sloppy designs seemed to dominate our range in the post-Puma years (2003 onwards).

Anything of Reebok, Nike, Puma or Adidas would be great (...so long as they've signed up the requisite human rights agreements for manufacturing and production). The quality of their stuff - both aesthetically and structurally - is just incomporably better in my view, as it should be given the size of their companies.

Assuming we see out ISC until the end of this year, it'd be a good test of our football club to see if we can finally negotiate a proper manufacturing deal such as the better clubs have.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Would love to be sponsored by a brand that produced decent stuff.

I remember seeing a mate's Essendon media polo in 2005 and nearly losing my breath - it was about 1000% better quality than ours and looked classy. You could actually wear it on non-footy occasions :shock:

Our stuff is pretty close to diabolical; low quality material and sloppy designs seemed to dominate our range in the post-Puma years (2003 onwards).

Anything of Reebok, Nike, Puma or Adidas would be great (...so long as they've signed up the requisite human rights agreements for manufacturing and production). The quality of their stuff - both aesthetically and structurally - is just incomporably better in my view, as it should be given the size of their companies.

Assuming we see out ISC until the end of this year, it'd be a good test of our football club to see if we can finally negotiate a proper manufacturing deal such as the better clubs have.
thus beating the crapola dished out from isc and piping hot

its a natural progression albeit a small one

grow as a club - attract better and more recogniseable sponsors

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Would love to be sponsored by a brand that produced decent stuff.

thus beating the crapola dished out from isc and piping hot

its a natural progression albeit a small one

grow as a club - attract better and more recogniseable sponsors
I belive that Armani and Versace are looking to launch a new line of sports gear...

I for one would love to 100% silk designer shorts, superlfine 100 jumpers with a slot just above our emblem for players to wear kerchiefs.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Seriously? Not one kid?

I better not tell that to the kids I know that wear the gear!! They will be distraught!

I stand by my comments that the polo I have from last year, the ISC, is one of the most comfortable I have worn. And my second favourite was the Piping Hot 'red with white shoulders' number from about 2004 or 2005?

Beats the hells out of the Puma of 1999 & 2000....they were very average material and quality.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:

Seriously? Not one kid?

I better not tell that to the kids I know that wear the gear!! They will be distraught!

I stand by my comments that the polo I have from last year, the ISC, is one of the most comfortable I have worn. And my second favourite was the Piping Hot 'red with white shoulders' number from about 2004 or 2005?

Beats the hells out of the Puma of 1999 & 2000....they were very average material and quality.
I agree re the polo. I got last yaers and this years (which I recently baught) have been the best ones so far (I have every "media" polo dating back to 1997) the style is great and the fit and comfort levels are also really good plus this years was pretty cheap at $59.99. I would advise any fan to pick one up

BANG BANG

stinger
Saintsational Legend

whole story is supposed to be crap.......hun will be forced to print a retraction i'm told.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
RBnW
Club Player

while you slag off Piping Hot without knowing anything about how they supported the club is beyond me......Mark Johansen who is the owner of Piping Hot and a true Saints fan put his money into the club and his name on our jumper until the club could go out and get a better deal from someone else.....he did that for years and still throws in a fair bit every year.....a very good supporter of the club for years.....wish there was more like him and less like you... :oops: :oops:

Our best is yet
to come......