Riewoldt undergoes arthroscopic surgery

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Media
Club Player

Riewoldt undergoes arthroscopic surgery

St Kilda Captain Nick Riewoldt last night underwent arthroscopic surgery after experiencing soreness in his left knee. After careful review, Club doctors made the decision to complete the routine procedure which has an expected recovery period of approximately four weeks.

St Kilda Football Manager Greg Hutchison said, “This week during training Nick was experiencing some discomfort in his left knee, the Club and Nick decided the best option was to operate quickly and ensure he is in peak condition for this year.

“As a result of the arthroscopy Nick will miss the NAB Cup pre-season competition; however he is expected to complete a full recovery program with our strength and conditioning team throughout the next month and be on track for the start of home and away season.â€

Raven
Club Player

Thanks for the post, Saints Media, but sheesh that's worrying.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

wow

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Better now than after struggling early in the home and away...

Would be very interested in what the scope revealed...

Hopefully just a routine clean up

The preseason comp of no significance more than match practice..

Rest up Nick...hope to see you fit and firing when the real stuff kicks off
8-)
Last edited by saint patrick on Sat 31 Jan 2009 10:46am, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
marksnsparks
Club Player

Thanks for the update SM, good to see the club keeping us up to date on stuff.

Keep up the good work.

Based on the Luke Ball episode last year, sounds like Rooey is gone until July :wink:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Better now than during the season. Also it gives the club to show how dependant they are on Reiwoldt.

If we can win games, even NAB games, without him, that will be a good omen for the season.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

A soon to be familiar read.....

N.Riewoldt.....2 weeks

:lol:

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:A soon to be familiar read.....

N.Riewoldt.....2 weeks

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

a.hamill knee 2 weeks
roo knee 2 weeks
x.clarke hammy 7 yrs

Quixote
SS Life Member

Jesus, I think I shat my pants when I saw the thread title!

Sounds like the right move.

Good luck with your recovery Nick -

See you in Round 1!

8-)

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone remember the problems Roo had with his knee this time last year? We were all worried that his season was over before it had begun. He proved us wrong though with a well deserved AA selection.

We just have to have faith in the great man and he will pull through again. It's what champions do and Roo is now one of them.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Does anyone remember the problems Roo had with his knee this time last year? We were all worried that his season was over before it had begun. He proved us wrong though with a well deserved AA selection.

We just have to have faith in the great man and he will pull through again. It's what champions do and Roo is now one of them.

That AA selection should have been one as Captain.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

obviously you'd rather have him fighting fit, but i guess there's always a silver lining.

this will force us to seek key forward alternatives in the lead up to the season.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 01 Feb 2009 12:10am, edited 1 time in total.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Does anyone remember the problems Roo had with his knee this time last year? We were all worried that his season was over before it had begun. He proved us wrong though with a well deserved AA selection.

Completely agree, while I was stoked that he was named CHF, he really should have been captain, no captain influenced as many games as Nick, no other player in the comp got his team across the line through his leadership more than Nick. No player carried their team as much as Nick. While Harley has been an excellent captain the past couple of years, how the hell did he make AA?? As for Judd, I have never seen him show real leadership. He is an excellent player not doubt, but so is Gary Ablett and IMO he is no leader, Pavlich is a freak, but IMO he is not a leader. These players always seem to concentrate on their own performance before the rest of the team and IMO that's what puts Riewoldt in a league of his own...

Just MHO...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Completely agree, while I was stoked that he was named CHF, he really should have been captain, no captain influenced as many games as Nick, no other player in the comp got his team across the line through his leadership more than Nick. No player carried their team as much as Nick. While Harley has been an excellent captain the past couple of years, how the hell did he make AA?? As for Judd, I have never seen him show real leadership. He is an excellent player not doubt, but so is Gary Ablett and IMO he is no leader, Pavlich is a freak, but IMO he is not a leader. These players always seem to concentrate on their own performance before the rest of the team and IMO that's what puts Riewoldt in a league of his own...

Just MHO...
I reckon it should have been Harley for Captain and Riewoldt for Vice.

How Judd got captain was beyond me. He didn't even play THAT well.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I thought Judd deserved a spot on the bench but he's another player I don't believe should have made the team... I have harped on about this a bit but I still can't believe that Harley made the team, it's bewildering...

ace
Saintsational Legend

How can they "kick it to Riewoldt" if Riewoldt isn't playing.

The players will be lost having to spot up another marking target.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Megamaguire
Club Player

Good Luck Nick

Looking forward to seeing the big Roo marking and goaling at will in 2009.
No need o rush him back until 100%.

Waiting for the swannies in Rd.1

G O ROO!
G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:a.hamill knee 2 weeks
roo knee 2 weeks
x.clarke hammy 7 yrs
lmgdfao

absolute classic. :D

Joffa 5
Club Player

I just got a text from someone at the Gold Coast training session, Roo is running around and looking ok despite some strapping on the knee. Great news :D

jays
Club Player

Joffa 5 wrote:I just got a text from someone at the Gold Coast training session, Roo is running around and looking ok despite some strapping on the knee. Great news :D
this is good news